1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So you believe that children raised after an unplanned parenthood are raised equally well as other children?
    You stated it as fact, then show some proof, or a retraction.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:31
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    How about your own personal opinion. Would the prohibition of abortion have any affect on crime and/or welfare?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:32
    For a discussion of the theory, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalized_abortion_and_crime_effect
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:35
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    How about your own personal opinion. Would the prohibition of abortion have any affect on crime and/or welfare?
    Never said anything about 'prohibition of abortion' did I? It's a woman's body so it's the woman's choice.

Just that abortion is so against the beliefs of some people they should not have to fund what they see as murder.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:36

6. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:40
    Never said anything about 'prohibition of abortion' did I? It's a woman's body so it's the woman's choice.

Just that abortion is so against the beliefs of some people they should not have to fund what they see as murder.
    That's great! So I can just be against everything and I won't have to pay any tax in Wajoma world!
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:42

I'll do it for you.

The following statement; "Abortions reduce crime and thus save money for society as a whole." that I, KN, made should actually read as follows "There is a discussion of the theory that abortions reduce crime over on wiki, it is just that, a theory."

Mean while the discussion here is not about abortions as a whole but forcing people to fund something they see as murder.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:45
    I'll do it for you.

The following statement; "Abortions reduce crime and thus save money for society as a whole." that I, KN, made should actually read as follows "There is a discussion of the theory that abortions reduce crime over on wiki, it is just that, a theory."

Mean while the discussion here is not about abortions as a whole but forcing people to fund something they see as murder.
    Yawn. There are various sources on the Wikipedia page. Gravity is also a theory. Do you or do you not believe that children raised after an unplanned parenthood are brought up equally well?

Your argument as to people having moral objections has already been flushed down the drain through reductio ad absurdum.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:52
    Yawn. There are various sources on the Wikipedia page. Gravity is also a theory. Do you or do you not believe that children raised after an unplanned parenthood are brought up equally well?

Your argument as to people having moral objections has already been flushed down the drain through reductio ad absurdum.
    yawn and yawn to infinity,, times a thousand trillion infinite yawns.

Not all children bought up after an unplanned parenthood are bought up equally well.

Not all children bought up after a planned parenthood are bought up equally well.

Now that little diversion is out of the way.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:55
    yawn and yawn to infinity,, times a thousand trillion infinite yawns.

Not all children bought up after an unplanned parenthood are bought up equally well.

Not all children bought up after a planned parenthood are bought up equally well.

Now that little diversion is out of the way.
    Where did I claim that "all children bought up after an unplanned parenthood are bought up equally well" or "all children bought up after a planned parenthood are bought up equally well" and how are such bizarre claims relevant in this discussion?

Not everyone who smokes dies of cancer, and not everyone who dies of cancer is a smoker. Does that mean that smoking doesn't cause cancer?
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 15:59
    I wonder how well children do if they are brought up in a nation that doesn't have a government?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:19
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    That would be a pretty hard thing to prove, but it does make sense. Most abortions are from the poor and low income demographics that have less of a family oriented invironment. It stands to reason that forcing all of them to have kids would contribute to increased crime down the road with a huge increase in welfare.

That being said, I don't think the issue should be decided on these factors.
    What would you say to a China like policy of mandating that poor families are limited to only one or two children? Would it not help us achieve the statist utopia for the fatherland?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    What would you say to a China like policy of mandating that poor families are limited to only one or two children? Would it not help us achieve the statist utopia for the fatherland?
    A nice slippery slope fallacy with added grease.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:21
    A nice slippery slope fallacy with added grease.
    What are you talking about? Would it not help achieve the utopia we are all seeking?
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    What are you talking about? Would it not help achieve the utopia we are all seeking?
    do you seriously think that kind of policy would be implemented in the US?

your paranoia is getting out of control.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree