1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:322 edits
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do you seriously think that kind of policy would be implemented in the US?

your paranoia is getting out of control.
    Heretic!! These foul carbon producing poverty stricken fetus' will be the death of us all!! Die, die, every unborn baby die!!! They are contributing to our economic demise as well as increasing our crime rate.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Heretic!! These foul carbon producing poverty stricken fetus' will be the death of us all!! Die, die, every unborn baby die!!! They are contributing to our economic demise as well as increasing our crime rate.
    I think you need to see a doctor.

you're sounding irrational.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 17:471 edit
    Funny how you are so concerned with fetuses but don't want to give actual born people equal chances.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:11
    What would you say to a China like policy of mandating that poor families are limited to only one or two children? Would it not help us achieve the statist utopia for the fatherland?
    You completely ignored the last sentence in the post you replied to.

"That being said, I don't think the issue should be decided on these factors."
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Funny how you are so concerned with fetuses but don't want to give actual born people equal chances.
    I wonder if there is a non-statist way of ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed (or fail). Something based solely on market forces and voluntary action.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:29
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I wonder if there is a non-statist way of ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed (or fail). Something based solely on market forces and voluntary action.
    No, there is not.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 18:31
    You mean countries with no worker protection laws? There are plenty of examples.
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 20:28
    If that's the case then what's the point of humans at all then?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 21:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Equal chances? Tell that to the statists that you defend who have come up with "special" health care arrangements that is better than what the little people have access to.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 23:09
    Equal chances? Tell that to the statists that you defend who have come up with "special" health care arrangements that is better than what the little people have access to.
    Pick him up and knock him back down again whadster!
  11. Germany
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 15:41
    What are you on about?
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 15:511 edit
    So you would support making the insurance plan currently used by members of Congress available to everyone?

Or do you pity them for having a lousy government plan while everyone else has wonderful private plans that work so much better.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 17:05
    what is "statist" ?

and why are you against the state? why is it that after Obama won the election most of the hard-right (whodey for example) have suddenly become anarchists?
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 17:57
    So you would support making the insurance plan currently used by members of Congress available to everyone?

Or do you pity them for having a lousy government plan while everyone else has wonderful private plans that work so much better.
    Speaking of government plans - my experience with military medical centers has been outstanding. Of course, what I use is NOT the same as VA hospitals for retired/disabled veterans. I'm also not sure how other member's experiences have been.

At Fort Bragg they have the Womack Hospital which is large, state of the art and excellent service. When I want to be seen I'm in and out. Prescription drugs, completely free. Minimal paperwork to fill out, etc.

Of course for some things you do have to sit and wait just like any hospital. But we receive fantastic medical benefits.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 18:11
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Speaking of government plans - my experience with military medical centers has been outstanding. Of course, what I use is NOT the same as VA hospitals for retired/disabled veterans. I'm also not sure how other member's experiences have been.

At Fort Bragg they have the Womack Hospital which is large, state of the art and excellent service. When ...[text shortened]... ou do have to sit and wait just like any hospital. But we receive fantastic medical benefits.
    yes but that is understandable, if you're fighting for your country the minimum the government can do is make sure you don't have to pay for medical treatment.

Do they cover everything or do you have to pay for (lets say) surgery and other more complicated procedures?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree