1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 20:06
    @sonhouse said
    @Sleepyguy
    same here. My testers went I got only two wrong๐Ÿ™‚
    Extra. I guess we have to PM calls, eh. I have been trying to figure out how to put my 80 meter wire up, even though it is half that, I only have 120 feet diagonally and need 130 or so. My house is in the way, big sucker, three story colonial from 1880 and trees in front are some 60 feet up but I tried everythin ...[text shortened]... y USCF is near the same as RHP rating here.
    I seem to remember ONE time actually beating an 1800๐Ÿ™‚
    Hi, Doug.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 20:111 edit
    @sh76
    2 out of 4๐Ÿ™‚ (letters right๐Ÿ™‚
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 20:42
    @sonhouse said
    @sh76
    2 out of 4๐Ÿ™‚ (letters right๐Ÿ™‚
    Dung?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 21:18
    @sh76 said
    See... I knew you were a closet conservative. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    If he were a closet conservative he wouldn’t be reminiscing about Obama’s presidency.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 22:22
    @Wajoma
    SO close but so far. Did you try dodo? Or maybe odod? what about GOD? Or DOG? WOG? GOW? So many choices, so little time.......
  6. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 23:26
    @sonhouse said
    @sh76
    You do have a point there. The reason I post my shyte is we know Trump is the most dangerous person in the last hundred years bent on destroying our democracy and worse, like pulling out of NATO if he gets the chance, a move that would shake up the entire western world not that Trump gives a rats ass about anything not Trump.
    The ultrarightwingnut crowd here insists ...[text shortened]... bills he passed that Trump never would even contemplate putting out BIDEN BAD. Asssholes in action.
    Trump is a demagogue and so by definition one of the most dangerous things a democracy can face.

The real question is "Why?" Why do we still hear his name? Why haven't we just laughed him into oblivion by now?

The answer is that demagogues work PURELY on emotion, and once a supporter has made an emotional commitment to a demagogue they will cheer for them forever. Doesn't matter how they are doing, doesn't matter if they are crooks.

We know that the Most Faithful in any religion are not the people who were raised with it. It's the converts. Converts can't go back without admitting they made a mistake - nobody wants to do that.

So while traditional Republicans migrate away from Trump, the converts to Trumpism stay because it makes them feel good. You can't challenge their faith because it IS purely Faith. It becomes a second religion.

When I first heard people say, "Oh you just don't like Trump," I was like, "Uh oh." That was the first sign that Reason and Logic had left the building. From that moment on, in the eyes of true believers, nothing anyone said against Trump mattered.

So it's reasonable to continue posting reasonable posts. But not aimed at the devout followers.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 14:403 edits
    @spruce112358 said
    Trump is a demagogue and so by definition one of the most dangerous things a democracy can face.

The real question is "Why?" Why do we still hear his name? Why haven't we just laughed him into oblivion by now?

The answer is that demagogues work PURELY on emotion, and once a supporter has made an emotional commitment to a demagogue they will cheer for them forever. ...[text shortened]... .

So it's reasonable to continue posting reasonable posts. But not aimed at the devout followers.
    All Presidents are demagogues to some degree. Did you see the last SOTU? Gawd.

One reason we're still hearing his name is that our government is corrupt and non-responsive to the citizenry, and when we look around for a tool to fix it we find only one big orange ugly hammer. You don't have to love the guy to vote for him.

Edit: And I would also add, the Republicans who are migrating away from Trump are not "traditional republicans". They are corrupt establishment squishes who have been the bane of traditional conservatives for decades, thus the epithet "RINO".
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    09 Apr '24 16:18
    @sleepyguy said
    All Presidents are demagogues to some degree. Did you see the last SOTU? Gawd.

One reason we're still hearing his name is that our government is corrupt and non-responsive to the citizenry, and when we look around for a tool to fix it we find only one big orange ugly hammer. You don't have to love the guy to vote for him.

Edit: And I would also add, the Republicans wh ...[text shortened]... t squishes who have been the bane of traditional conservatives for decades, thus the epithet "RINO".
    Government is always non-responsive to SOME of the citizenry. The only question is, which part?

Another thing that bothered me about the previous administration was when officials were asked, "So what is your agenda?" the reply was basically, "Whatever the Big Man says." And I was like, "Uh oh. Sounds like every dictator in history." The GOP didn't even bother to issue a platform - I guess worried that he would contradict part of it.

You would have to have UTTER faith in DJT as a reformer to think that he was going to re-mold government in such a way that it was 1) no longer corrupt, and 2) responsive to the citizenry.

From what I see from his program, his appointments, the initiatives he signed into law, his pardons, etc., I think his goal is a government that is corrupt FOR HIM and responsive TO HIM.

I think he has even said as much. In contrast, Biden has not expressed any such sentiments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree