1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 15:08
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/21/us-strausskahn-idUSTRE77J20620110821

The Post reported that the prosecutors' motion would detail concerns about Diallo's credibility and make it clear they do not believe they can prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

I will read the prosecutor's motion (it it's made public) before I make a final judgment on whether I agree with the decision to drop the charges. I hope No1 will do the same.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 15:132 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/21/us-strausskahn-idUSTRE77J20620110821

The Post reported that the prosecutors' motion would detail concerns about Diallo's credibility and make it clear they do not believe they can prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

I will read the prosecutor's motion (it it's made public) before I make a f ...[text shortened]... gment on whether I agree with the decision to drop the charges. I hope No1 will do the same.
    We've heard these types of rumors before in this case. I'd wait until the court appearance Tuesday before assuming they are correct (as you have done in the past).

The factual content of any sentence that begins with the words" "The Post reported" should be viewed with a pound (not a grain) of salt.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 16:20
    Seems the criminal case has been dropped.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 16:38
    Just because they can't prove it? That's no reason to drop the case. The prosecutor obviously still thinks he's guilty!
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 18:11
    Prosecutor's motion to dismiss

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/08/22/nyregion/dsk-recommendation-to-dismiss-case.html

...But the nature and number of complainant's falsehoods leave us unable to credit her version of events beyond a reasonable doubt, whatever the truth may be about the encounter between the complainant and the defendant. If we do not believe her beyond a reasonable doubt, we cannot ask a jury to do so.

(page 2)
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 19:04
    Something tells me she'll still try to get paid. I don't see him settling.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Something tells me she'll still try to get paid. I don't see him settling.
    Bet he defaults rather than get deposed.

Or quietly settles; I don't see him wanting to face a jury in NY.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 20:433 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Bet he defaults rather than get deposed.

Or quietly settles; I don't see him wanting to face a jury in NY.
    That's a no-brainer.

He's not interested in flying back to New York to give a deposition or testimony. That would be the case whether he's guilty or innocent. His much better strategy is to default and collaterally attack any enforcement attempts (or settle, of course).
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    That's a no-brainer.

He's not interested in flying back to New York to give a deposition or testimony. That would be the case whether he's guilty or innocent. His much better strategy is to default and collaterally attack any enforcement attempts (or settle, of course).
    Yeah, it's not like he flies to NYC at all normally. Well, except for his daughter living there ..........................................

EDIT: Long ago, she was his "ironclad" alibi: http://www.businessinsider.com/dsk-alibi-2011-5

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree