1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 07:13
    What do you do with your American flag if your State secedes? Burn it?

I live in Texas and was just wondering.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 16:34
    Originally posted by moon1969

Hold onto it as it would be a valuable piece of Texas history.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 16:34
    Originally posted by moon1969

Texas should just keep its flag. It was the flag of Texas when it was it's own nation, so if it drops from the Union and goes back to being it's own nation just keep the old flag. I see no problem with it.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 17:30
    Texas isn't going to secede.

But I do find it entertaining how some in the "AMERKA @@@@ YEAH!" crowd don't actually want to be American when their guy doesn't win an election.

Through 8 years of a President I couldn't stand (Bush), my bleeding heart tree hugging Liberal a** was still proud to be an American.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 17:32
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Texas isn't going to secede.

But I do find it entertaining how some in the "AMERKA @@@@ YEAH!" crowd don't actually want to be American when their guy doesn't win an election.

Through 8 years of a President I couldn't stand (Bush), my bleeding heart tree hugging Liberal a** was still proud to be an American.
    Of course Bush had the qualifications to be president. Who won this election isn't the issue anyway.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 17:35
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Of course Bush had the qualifications to be president. Who won this election isn't the issue anyway.
    I totally disagree with you about Bush, but we'll get way off topic if we get into that.

Who won the election IS the issue, unless you think all these morons wanting to "secede" would be beating that drum had Romney won.

Clearly their loudly proclaimed patriotism is nothing but window dressing.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 17:51
    I totally disagree with you about Bush, but we'll get way off topic if we get into that.

Who won the election IS the issue, unless you think all these morons wanting to "secede" would be beating that drum had Romney won.

Clearly their loudly proclaimed patriotism is nothing but window dressing.
    I do think they would eventually when they found out Romney would have carried out the same policies.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 17:56
    I do think they would eventually when they found out Romney would have carried out the same policies.
    I disagree, and either way it shows their "patriotism" is quite flimsy.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:04
    All I can say is enjoy your 4th of july fireworks after the tsa sticks their hands down your wifes pants and gives you no due process of law. If you find yourself on the no fly list and haven't done anything at all to warrant that, set off a few firecrackers to remind yourself that al quaeda is run by the CIA.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:06
    Patriotism is a form of intellectual bankruptcy anyway.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:11
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    More of a belief system than anything. I find it healthy as long as there is something to warrant it. I contend that the folks trying to restore their rights are more patriotic that those giving in to the banking cartel.
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think you are conflating patriotism and nationalism, a common mistake. There are healthy forms of patriotism.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 18:56
    http://theredpillinfo.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/secession-movement-explodes-white-house-secede-petitions-reach-675000-signatures-50-state-participation/

Watch this video.
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 19:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Texas should just keep its flag. It was the flag of Texas when it was it's own nation, so if it drops from the Union and goes back to being it's own nation just keep the old flag. I see no problem with it.
    Would you fly a foreign flag on Texas soil?
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 19:07
    Hold onto it as it would be a valuable piece of Texas history.
    Kind of Like the Mexican Americans in Texas who have the Mexican flag. Part of Texas history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree