1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 16:19
    Originally posted by @kegge
    There will be no America a hundred years from now.
    At least, according to the DNC platform
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 16:31
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Ouch !!!!
    Where were you when we needed the clan feature fixed ????
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Barking up the wrong tree, it seems.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 20:10
    Originally posted by @kegge
    There will be no America a hundred years from now.
    What will there be?
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 20:34
    Originally posted by @js357
    What will there be?
    There will be Corporatocracy.

It's already begun. Very expensive, publicly financed sports venues and stadiums are already named after them.

Then, sports teams will be named after companies...just like in "Rollerball". Then, whole Cities and States.

Eventually the sell-off will culminate in the renaming of our country. The highest bidder will get a 10 year contract.

Long live "The United States of Exxon"!
    πŸ˜€
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 20:36
    My future address:

Disney, Bank of America
    USE
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:34
    Originally posted by @wolfe63

It's already begun. Very expensive, publicly financed sports venues and stadiums are already named after them.

Then, sports teams will be named after companies...just like in "Rollerball". Then, whole Cities and States.

Eventually the sell-off will culminate in the renaming of our country. The highest bidder will get a 10 year contract.

πŸ˜€
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr. wrote a novel about this scenario. It was titled "Player Piano," not nearly as famous as "Slaughterhouse Five" but quite good, I thought.
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 10:17
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr. wrote a novel about this scenario. It was titled "Player Piano," not nearly as famous as "Slaughterhouse Five" but quite good, I thought.
    Excellent!
    That's now on my reading list.
    Thanks Moon
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 10:53
    Originally posted by @wolfe63

πŸ˜€
    You're so much closer than some can even imagine.

United Corporations of America: Long Live the Board.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:38
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    You're so much closer than some can even imagine.

United Corporations of America: Long Live the Board.
    YouTube
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:41
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    [youtube]8lXdyD2Yzls[/youtube]
    Ha!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:49
    I have high hopes for America, it’s people and it’s reputation. And indeed for the world. The current needle swing of populism, right-wingism and upheaval is, I believe, just a resetting of the democratic switches. Things, opinions, economies, attitudes will swing back and stabilise. Trump may win a second term but that term will be nothing like this one as even he will modify his approach.

People, the grunts, the hoi polloi, must try to respect each other’s views and hold on to shared values and each other as individuals. We are the leaders of our own destiny not these pricks in charge.
  12. RSA
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I have high hopes for America, it’s people and it’s reputation. And indeed for the world. The current needle swing of populism, right-wingism and upheaval is, I believe, just a resetting of the democratic switches. Things, opinions, economies, attitudes will swing back and stabilise. Trump may win a second term but that term will be nothing like this ...[text shortened]... and each other as individuals. We are the leaders of our own destiny not these pricks in charge.
    Changes are required to move forward political thought. Populism is a symptom that the current liberal world order is failing the masses.

Political thought has been frozen since the end of the cold war and now there is a backlash against the current world order, who have grown too comfortable in their positions.
  13. RSA
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 13:04
    I have high hopes for America, it’s people and it’s reputation. And indeed for the world. The current needle swing of populism, right-wingism and upheaval is, I believe, just a resetting of the democratic switches. Things, opinions, economies, attitudes will swing back and stabilise. Trump may win a second term but that term will be nothing like this ...[text shortened]... and each other as individuals. We are the leaders of our own destiny not these pricks in charge.
    America is going to be absolutely fine. She is the first to tackle the new world order. The changes she is going through will hit everyone eventually and she will have a lead over them.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 14:19
    I agree.
    I like this to a stock market correction, though on a much larger scale.

I read with humour that Steve Bannon is on a tour of Europe trying to stir the pot.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 15:43
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    [youtube]8lXdyD2Yzls[/youtube]
    That's something I could really, oh, I dunno...
    go for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree