1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 19:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Plenty of others were stamped out though.
    The Dutch are a little tougher than the Moriori were I think.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 19:31
    If he were just some wacko dude on the steet corner shouting this stuff would he be breaking the same law this man is allegedly breaking?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 19:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If he were just some wacko dude on the steet corner shouting this stuff would he be breaking the same law this man is allegedly breaking?
    Yes. But like I said the case is poor and chances are he's not going to be convicted.
  4. Garner, NC
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 19:37
    Originally posted by Barts
    If you could prove that this was the aim of Nazi's, then no. In the case of the Nazi's that would be pretty easy. A Nazi by definition subscribed to the party ideology (or they wouldn't be a part of the party) which was quite clear on how Jews would be treated.

The difference between your example and Muslims is that Muslims, unlike Nazis are a very diverse ...[text shortened]... , while these laws target the same behaviour, only aimed at a large part of the population.
    The Nazi's would have publicly denied genocide against the Jews in 1940. If you were a whistle blower at the time, you might find it surprisingly difficult to prove your case in court if your "freedom" to say such things were to hinge on your ability to prove what you're saying is true. That being the case, you might find even those who have reason to believe you're speaking the truth won't come forward in your defense. Furthermore, even if you could prove your case, you might find it too expensive to fight in court.

Consider what constitutes "inciting hatred" now days. If one were to say that Islam is a false religion, some would say that is inciting hatred. If one were to say that Islam is a violent religion, some would say that is inciting hatred. Likewise, Mohammed was a pedophile, homosexuality is immoral, most terrorists are muslims, etc.

All these are plausible views held by people who don't hate, but all could be hauled into court to mount an expensive defense for "inciting hatred".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree