1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 May '13 00:47
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Fast and Furious. How Eric Holder is not in jail for that alone is stunning.

Benghazi. Cowardice and a coverup. Not illegal - but Obama is a liar.

Department of Justice/AP phone records. Shocking, and a chilling effect on freedom of the press. An Orwellian, Big Brother attack on the Constitution.

IRS Targeting Conservative Groups. A full- ...[text shortened]... n is incompetence. Do you libboes understand why we don't think you should ever be in charge?
    Nobody gets in trouble for this chit. You also don't have free journalism in this country anymore to draw the kind of attention it deserves. Its all about Justin Beebler, and Tiger Woods anymore.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 May '13 00:53
    Originally posted by vivify
    My answer to Squatch's post: George Bush.
    And my answer is Ronald Reagan (treason).
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 May '13 03:242 edits
    He was a Democrat. Period. To call him anything else is ludicrous. He simply implemented Democrat policies in other countries, as opposed to here.
    If Reps really believe this, then why did they spend eight years vehemently defending Bush? And if Reps really believed this, then why did the GOP choose him to run a second time for president?

I'm really interested in your answer, because if you Republicans really believed this about Bush, then this just proves Reps are lying hypocrites who'll do anything and support any Republican, no matter how bad, just to win.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '13 12:252 edits
    Fast and Furious. How Eric Holder is not in jail for that alone is stunning.

Benghazi. Cowardice and a coverup. Not illegal - but Obama is a liar.

Department of Justice/AP phone records. Shocking, and a chilling effect on freedom of the press. An Orwellian, Big Brother attack on the Constitution.

IRS Targeting Conservative Groups. A full- n is incompetence. Do you libboes understand why we don't think you should ever be in charge?
    I'm afraid that you and I waste our time discussing these ethical violations of law and order. For you see, those that respect the Constitution and rule of law already have had enough of these clowns. However, those that still support them don't respect the Constitution or rule of law. For them, acheiving an agenda or vendetta against political foes is all that matters.

We now live in a post Constitutional era. Whoever is President decides what is lawful and what is not now. For example, the IRS scandal in the opinion of Obama and company is not unlawful, even though it may be unethical. Whatever they say goes and you will like it, or else.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 May '13 12:33
    If Reps really believe this, then why did they spend eight years vehemently defending Bush? And if Reps really believed this, then why did the GOP choose him to run a second time for president?

I'm really interested in your answer, because if you Republicans really believed this about Bush, then this just proves Reps are lying hypocrites who'll do anything and support any Republican, no matter how bad, just to win.
    A poll last month found that 84% of Republicans and 74% of those who identify as "very conservative" approve of GWB's performance in office. http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1144a17BushRetrospective.pdf
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 May '13 00:49

*crickets*

the silence from conservatives on this post is quite loud.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What's the Obama administration's plan to attack the constitution, specifically?
    The same as most President's since the Constitution was adopted. Whatever can't be done under the Constitution, the President does by any means possible. It started with George Washington signing on the BUS legislation, and John Adams proposing and signing the Aliens and Sedition act.

Obama believes the people don't have a right to arms, and effectively will seek to repeal the 2nd amendment.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:09

"I'm really interested in your answer, because if you Republicans really believed this about Bush, then this just proves Reps are lying hypocrites who'll do anything and support any Republican, no matter how bad, just to win."

I can't speak for Republicans, but since probably two thirds or more are on one side or the other, most will defend the undefendable if it is their guy. The current President is a Democrat and can expect to be scrutinized and attacked by Republicans.

This really isn't such a bad thing, as opposition parties tend at least to at least make the opposition more careful in their constitutional abuses. Places in this nation which are controlled by a single party are notoriously the worst.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '13 15:53

I never defended Bush. He is a big government wacko who puts into place people who helped Obama achieve his goals.

Who put the original IRS guy into place that targets Conservatives? Bush

Who put the Supreme Court Justice who cemented Obama Care into place? Bush

Anyone who believes that Bush is a Conservative has been duped and probably isn't too bright.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 May '13 15:571 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I never defended Bush. He is a big government wacko who puts into place people who helped Obama achieve his goals.

Who put the original IRS guy into place that targets Conservatives? Bush

Who put the Supreme Court Justice who cemented Obama Care into place? Bush

Anyone who believes that Bush is a Conservative has been duped and probably isn't too bright.
    So then it's logical to say the GOP and all it's members and voters, which helped him get into office a second time, isn't too bright then?

And you still didn't answer the question in my post, which is why the GOP and all it's voters, got him into the Office a second time...unless you've already answered it with the "not too bright" comment.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '13 16:07
    So then it's logical to say the GOP and all it's members and voters, which helped him get into office a second time, isn't too bright then?

And you still didn't answer the question in my post, which is why the GOP and all it's voters, got him into the Office a second time...unless you've already answered it with the "not too bright" comment.
    I'd say that the people who voted for Bush aren't too bright. They are duped into believing that the lesser of two evils is the way to go. If you vote for the lesser of two evils, then you are voting for evil.

Who were the alternatives to Bush? Gore? Kerry? Wow, those two are certainly two people that would not have been any better than Bush, other than to give people a reason to put Conservatives in the House and Senate.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 May '13 16:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What's the Obama administration's plan to attack the constitution, specifically?
    It is in the usual time tested ways. Wherever the Constitution stands in opposition to one of his policy initiatives, or reelection, he attacks.

This is not new or different. George Washington is accused of signing on to the BUS (Bank of the United States) in a deal to move the government to the District of Columbia, which would be adjacent to his own estate.

John Adams promoted and signed the hated Alien's and Sedition Act, which was almost certainly unconstitutional, but which instead was simply repealed immediately in the Jefferson presidency.

The tactic is common, but it doesn't make it less serious. In more recent times Nixon resigned and was threatened with impeachment for much less.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 May '13 16:26
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I'd say that the people who voted for Bush aren't too bright. They are duped into believing that the lesser of two evils is the way to go. If you vote for the lesser of two evils, then you are voting for evil.

Who were the alternatives to Bush? Gore? Kerry? Wow, those two are certainly two people that would not have been any better than Bush, other than to give people a reason to put Conservatives in the House and Senate.
    "I'd say that the people who voted for Bush aren't too bright."

I resemble that. I voted for Bush, not because I thought him brilliant, the best thing since sliced bread, but better than the alternatives at the time.

I wasn't really happy with Romney, but as an alternative to Obama, sure. McCain, I really think might have been worse than Obama.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree