1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 07:06
    Given that senate and house numbers are pretty much unchanged, is this lame duck city, or given the political trauma the American people have just recently endured, is it possible that an era of bipartisanship awaits?
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 07:12
    It's plausible that the Republicans will stop with the scorched earth tactics since President Obama can't run for reelection.

But I doubt it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Given that senate and house numbers are pretty much unchanged, is this lame duck city, or given the political trauma the American people have just recently endured, is it possible that an era of bipartisanship awaits?
    No, I'm pretty tired of the last four years of namby-pamby-itis.

It's time for Obama to take the gloves off.

He can start by telling the rich making over 250K that not only are the Bush tax cuts dead for them, but they can damn well expect an increase in their rate, above and beyond what the tax cuts took away.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 08:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne

He can start by telling the rich making over 250K that not only are the Bush tax cuts dead for them, but they can damn well expect an increase in their rate, above and beyond what the tax cuts took away.
    He can tell them that all he wants, but the executive branch can't just decide that.
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 08:19
    He can start by telling the rich making over 250K that not only are the Bush tax cuts dead for them, but they can damn well expect an increase in their rate.
    The gop's favourite meme is that he had a 2 yr supermajority and did nothing.

Apparently it only lasted around 72 days. Issues around Al Franken's election, Kennedy's illness and death, Byrd's illness and death and a couple of conservative Dem's who were more aligned with the GOP and were beholden to appear fiscally responsible, meant that for most of Obama's presidency, the gloves were firmly on and Obama had to build consensus cause he never had the numbers to steamroll....
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 08:24
    Wingnuts broke the system just a little more.

I can't wait for Werner Herzog to do a number on this farrago.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:40

Suzianne - I am one of those "rich". I paid $76,000 in income taxes last year. You can kiss my ass.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:59
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Suzianne - I am one of those "rich". I paid $76,000 in income taxes last year. You can kiss my ass.
    Better hold onto it tight. We're sending around a posse of hippies and welfare cheats to redistribute your wealth. Your tax bill will be much less next year.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Better hold onto it tight. We're sending around a posse of hippies and welfare cheats to redistribute your wealth. Your tax bill will be much less next year.
    Some of them are so god damn dependent your bank balance just automatically drains in their vicinity.

God damn hippy money sumps. If only wigs were still in fashion, they could be good for something.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:041 edit
    You are a rich worker. You aren't the problem. It's the capitalists who are the problem.

And keep in mind that a lot of your career has been tax funded, not free market.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:11
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Screw bipartisanship. Nonpartisanship is the only way to go.
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You are a rich worker. You aren't the problem. It's the capitalists who are the problem.

And keep in mind that a lot of your career has been tax funded, not free market.
    So my boss is the problem? He owns the company. He gives over 900 people a living. He's the problem?
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:51
    So my boss is the problem? He owns the company. He gives over 900 people a living. He's the problem?
    Tsk, tsk. Your boss gives nobody a living. He is a placeholder in a system. It is only by grace of the Market that your boss is permitted to thrive, and others to thrive under him.
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 20:57
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Tsk, tsk. Your boss gives nobody a living. He is a placeholder in a system. It is only by grace of the Market that your boss is permitted to thrive, and others to thrive under him.
    You don't really think that, do you, Comrade?
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 21:03
    You don't really think that, do you, Comrade?
    As an epiphenomenon of historic process, it would be more accurate to say that 'I am thought' rather than that 'I think'. That aside: the myth of the self made man (rugged individualism) is more than a little delusional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree