Originally posted by @whodey
This time at a Middle school.
When will parents start suing schools for not keeping their children safe?
Enough is enough.
Are you serious?
1. Maybe the gunman should be sued?
2. Or the owner of the gun especially if he/she negligently allowed the gunman to get the gun?
3. Or maybe the seller of the gun, especially if the background check was done insufficiently?
4. I could even see advocating suing the seller of the gun or the manufacturer, distributor of bullets because at this point it is undeniably foreseeable that school shootings will result from their product.
5. And maybe even if there is no valid legal argument, there is certainly a moral basis to sue group like the NRA who fight to make sure that laws are weakened and inevitably guns get into murders hands or you could sue law makers who get elected by making sure we have insufficient protections from inevitable shooters.
But you think the responsibility for school shootings is public schools. Institutions which are required by law to educate the masses. Schools have no financial interest in guns and schools in no way market themselves as distributors or guns or ask anyone for support based on the existence of guns.
You are entitled to your opinion that schools are financially responsible for shootings but it is likely the single dumbest argument one could make on this issue.