1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Mar '16 18:041 edit
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-arizona-idUSKCN0WL0SD

Demonstrators protesting U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump have shut down a highway leading to a campaign rally for the candidate near Phoenix, Arizona, Fox News reported Saturday.

Footage of the demonstration showed a group of protesters with cars blocking forward traffic, holding signs that read: "Dump Trump" and "Shut Down Trump."
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 10:122 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-arizona-idUSKCN0WL0SD

Demonstrators protesting U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump have shut down a highway leading to a campaign rally for the candidate near Phoenix, Arizona, Fox News reported Saturday.

Footage of the demonstration showed a group of protesters with cars blocking forward traffic, holding signs that read: "Dump Trump" and "Shut Down Trump."
    About 40 min. from my house. Fountain Hills, where all the ultra-rich retired folks live.

It was crazy. Great opportunity to play the flower-girl hippie protester, with my tie-dye and my bluejeans and headband and big sunglasses!

My favorite signs were the ones with Trump and Arpaio on them. "Dump the Racists! Dump Trump! Dump Arpaio!"

Arpaio's thugs (MCSO) were out there too, and eventually arrested a few of the more radical guys. It pretty much broke up after that, because they just started crushing everyone's groove, man. 😵 Some of us cruised out to the lake (just up SR 87) and had a barbecue.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 10:15
    Nice quote from Trump:

"They arrested three people and everybody else left... They left!" Mr Trump told a cheering audience.
    "I love our police, but we should do a little bit more of that, you would have a lot less protesters, you would have a lot less agitators."

Damn that right to assembly! We need a strong leader to determine who and what people can protest against.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 10:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Nice quote from Trump:

"They arrested three people and everybody else left... They left!" Mr Trump told a cheering audience.
    "I love our police, but we should do a little bit more of that, you would have a lot less protesters, you would have a lot less agitators."

Damn that right to assembly! We need a strong leader to determine who and what people can protest against.
    Eh, we made our point, and got on the news. That was good enough for most of us, and we weren't gonna let the a-hole ruin our Saturday. 🙂
  5. Germany
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 10:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Eh, we made our point, and got on the news. That was good enough for most of us, and we weren't gonna let the a-hole ruin our Saturday. 🙂
    I do hope you had soy sausages at that barbecue though.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 10:52
    I do hope you had soy sausages at that barbecue though.
    Ha ha! Okay, I really did lol at that.

Nah, even leftists like brats and beer, at least in Phoenix. 😀

Funny thing, there were even a few bikers there (plenty of motorcycle clubs in Phoenix, believe it or not), and they said "Nah, we're Republicans, but even we think Trump's a freaking idiot."
  7. Germany
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 11:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ha ha! Okay, I really did lol at that.

Nah, even leftists like brats and beer, at least in Phoenix. 😀

Funny thing, there were even a few bikers there (plenty of motorcycle clubs in Phoenix, believe it or not), and they said "Nah, we're Republicans, but even we think Trump's a freaking idiot."
    You should try being neither a leftist nor a right-winger. It's great - you can disagree with everyone.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 15:04
    Yeah, you just can't have enough Donald Drumpf threads....
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 16:511 edit
    Nice quote from Trump:

Right to assembly doesn't mean the right to shut down highways and abuse the rights of others.
    How can you possibly be too stupid to not see that?
    How about if some group assembled on the street to your house and you couldn't get home? Would you be so smug then and support their "right to assemble"?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 17:43
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Right to assembly doesn't mean the right to shut down highways and abuse the rights of others.
    How about if some group assembled on the street to your house and you couldn't get home? Would you be so smug then and support their "right to assemble"?
    What about getting up in peoples faces and shouting them down?

Is that free assembly?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 17:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about getting up in peoples faces and shouting them down?

Is that free assembly?
    That has nothing to do with freedom of assembly, that is an interaction between two or more people that are getting into an argument.
    Not the same thing at all.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    20 Mar '16 22:10
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Note how Trump said "protesters," not "people blocking the highway."
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Mar '16 18:01
    Note how Trump said "protesters," not "people blocking the highway."
    Note that right now Donald Trump holds no public office. If he has secured permits for a rally or speaking engagement, and has paid for the space, he has every right to throw out hell raisers, or to call the cops if they're blocking the highway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree