Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 23:011 edit
    Lawyers for Paul Manafort are now in intense negotiations with prosecutors from the Robert Mueller team. Manafort is now a convicted felon, and has only one card to play if he doesn't want to spend the rest of what's left of his lying corrupt life in prison - cooperation. So is another Trump weasel ready to flip, or will he continue to rot in jail and hang on to his fading chances for a pardon?

Also - Interesting book out from a Republican strategist. 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Trump-Touches-Dies-Republican/dp/1982103124
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Lawyers for Paul Manafort are now in intense negotiations with prosecutors from the Robert Mueller team. Manafort is now a convicted felon, and has only one card to play if he doesn't want to spend the rest of what's left of his lying corrupt life in prison - cooperation. So is another Trump weasel ready to flip, or will he continue to rot in jail and hang o ...[text shortened]... strategist. 🙂

No surprise. It was just a matter of time.
    The ring is closing.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 04:131 edit
    Lawyers for Paul Manafort are now in intense negotiations with prosecutors from the Robert Mueller team. Manafort is now a convicted felon, and has only one card to play if he doesn't want to spend the rest of what's left of his lying corrupt life in prison - cooperation. So is another Trump weasel ready to flip, or will he continue to rot in jail and hang o ...[text shortened]... strategist. 🙂

He will get a pardon. Trump has given subtle indications of that although he can only pardon Manafort for federal convictions, not state convictions.
    I think he has only been convicted of some federal charges so far. I don't think he is worried about those.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 14:18
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    He will get a pardon. Trump has given subtle indications of that although he can only pardon Manafort for federal convictions, not state convictions.
    I think he has only been convicted of some federal charges so far. I don't think he is worried about those.
    Trump won't dare at least until after the elections. The only reason for a Manafort pardon is to serve his coverup and everybody (but apparently you) knows it. Trump's seen a noticeable drop in his approval rate since the Manafort guilty verdict and Cohen plea going from a net -8.5% to -12.8% in the RealClearPolitics aggregate of polls and -11% to -13.8% at 538, dipping into the high 30's in the most reliable polls like Quinnipiac and Marist. Even Trump knows a pardon of Manafort would be political dynamite.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:05
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Trump won't dare at least until after the elections. The only reason for a Manafort pardon is to serve his coverup and everybody (but apparently you) knows it. Trump's seen a noticeable drop in his approval rate since the Manafort guilty verdict and Cohen plea going from a net -8.5% to -12.8% in the RealClearPolitics aggregate of polls and -11% to -13.8 ...[text shortened]... s like Quinnipiac and Marist. Even Trump knows a pardon of Manafort would be political dynamite.
    This just in! Manafort caves like a cheap pup tent in a hurricane. Pleads guilty. Will cooperate with prosecutors. I guess rotting in jail for awhile brought about a whole new attitude. 🙂

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/manafort-pleads-guilty-in-mueller-probe-will-cooperate-with-prosecutors/ar-BBNk9L7
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:42

how many times are you going to be fool enough to keep falling for this?
  7. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Enough times to prove I'm right. See my post just above yours.

P.S. Have a nice day! 🙂
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:511 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    And you seriously think Trump will pardon Manny if he indeed flips? He will then be yet another enemy and if you don't think so, ask Jeff Sessions what HE thinks.

Sessions has done everything Trump wanted him to do except recuse himself of the investigations so it is clear all the BS Sessions did for Trump was meaningless, didn't mean jack to Trump, his ONLY interest is saving his sorry ass and NOTHING else is on his mind. So prove me wrong. Most recently now literally denying 3000 people died in Puerto Rico from the hurricane last year, claiming it is all the democrats fault, a person dies of old age, put him on the list.

Just OOZING with empathy. Perhaps you remember him throwing paper towels out like the first godfather in the film, the guy putting dollar bills on the statue?
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 16:54
    Enough times to prove I'm right. See my post just above yours.

P.S. Have a nice day! 🙂
    that many times doesn't exist
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 21:52
    that many times doesn't exist
    He has officially flipped. What do you think of his chances of a pardon now wise guy?
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:05
    You keep falling for the MAGA schtick !! 😏
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:33
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Trump won't dare at least until after the elections. The only reason for a Manafort pardon is to serve his coverup and everybody (but apparently you) knows it. Trump's seen a noticeable drop in his approval rate since the Manafort guilty verdict and Cohen plea going from a net -8.5% to -12.8% in the RealClearPolitics aggregate of polls and -11% to -13.8 ...[text shortened]... s like Quinnipiac and Marist. Even Trump knows a pardon of Manafort would be political dynamite.
    According to the Book of Daniel (*) Manafort will develop Alzheimer's disease in 6 to 9 months and then Trump will just have to pardon him. Manafort will have a miraculous recovery.

(*) Referring to a particularly silly thread in the Science Forum.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:37
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    You keep falling for the MAGA schtick !! 😏
    that doesn't make sense. wit requires intelligence.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:43
    that doesn't make sense. wit requires intelligence.
    No wonder you don't know wit.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 23:45
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No wonder you don't know wit.
    excuse me...I have no time for fat women!