1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 00:43
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    The statement from Kelly isn't even recent; it was issued back in April. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385558-nbc-kelly-has-called-trump-an-idiot
    So you are saying only the statement from Mattis is recent?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 05:23
    Just read what trump tweets.
    Just look at the absurd things he’s done.
    Just look at his international politics.

Surely you see that this is not normal?

Why the hell so many of you defend him is completely bizarre.

If only there was an historic example of sheeple blindly following madness!
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 08:07
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Can%27t_Happen_Here

Sinclair Lewis wrote the book in 1935. Did he have a time machine?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 08:16
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Can%27t_Happen_Here

Sinclair Lewis wrote the book in 1935. Did he have a time machine?
    No. Humans just don't Change that much...
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 09:07
    Just read what trump tweets.
    Just look at the absurd things he’s done.
    Just look at his international politics.

US foreign policy was never normal. Invading countries does not benefit most Americans.
    Your belief that things were better before is bizarre. They have always been fukked up. Trump is just another puppet of the elites. All presidents in recent history have been. Why are you so reluctant to accept that?
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 10:12
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    US foreign policy was never normal. Invading countries does not benefit most Americans.
    Your belief that things were better before is bizarre. They have always been fukked up. Trump is just another puppet of the elites. All presidents in recent history have been. Why are you so reluctant to accept that?
    I’m not saying US foreign policy was ever anything but aggressively destructive.

I am saying that what trump tweets and does is not normal.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 17:54
    Is this what you are talking about?

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    4h4 hours ago

Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington pol ...[text shortened]... lies according to the statements Trump posted on Twitter. Do you think all 3 of them are lying?
    Let me revise this somewhat.

The odds that Bob Woodward, one of the most respected political journalists in the country for decades, fabricated these accounts is virtually zero. So his sources must have told him that these things were said. Given his meticulous nature. it is almost certain that these sources were actually at the meetings in question and it's quite possible he has multiple sources at the meetings.

Kelly and Mattis surely have a motive to lie; Trunp would surely fire them if they did not disclaim making the statements. It's possible they made the statements but don't specifically recall them, it's possible they made statements similar to those reported but without the most offensive words like "idiot" and that the sources embellished.

In any event, from numerous reports it is virtually certain that many people in his administration believe that Trump is a short tempered nut who needs to be controlled. That is probably because he is.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:02
    Let me revise this somewhat.

The odds that Bob Woodward, one of the most respected political journalists in the country for decades, fabricated these accounts is virtually zero. So his sources must have told him that these things were said. Given his meticulous nature. it is almost certain that these sources were actually at the meetings in question ...[text shortened]... e that Trump is a short tempered nut who needs to be controlled. That is probably because he is.
    Hold on. I thought you said Kelly's statement was old so was not lie but in the wrong context so therefore misleading. Now you are saying it is a lie, implying it is recent (Woodward) instead of old. Which is it?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:04
    I’m not saying US foreign policy was ever anything but aggressively destructive.

I am saying that what trump tweets and does is not normal.
    Tweets are a bit weird, but what is it that he does that is not normal? What is the most abnormal thing he has done?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:10
    Hold on. I thought you said Kelly's statement was old so was not lie but in the wrong context so therefore misleading. Now you are saying it is a lie, implying it is recent (Woodward) instead of old. Which is it?
    Did you bother to look at the link?

Probably not. The Kelly statement is from April 2018 though it addresses the same claim i.e. that he said Trump was an "idiot".
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:11
    Tweets are a bit weird, but what is it that he does that is not normal? What is the most abnormal thing he has done?
    He fired his Secretary of State by tweet.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:19
    Did you bother to look at the link?

Probably not. The Kelly statement is from April 2018 though it addresses the same claim i.e. that he said Trump was an "idiot".
    So you are saying the lie is before the Woodward book? If so, why are you putting both in the same context?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:21
    So you are saying the lie is before the Woodward book? If so, why are you putting both in the same context?
    Because the Donald presented it in response to the Woodward book in his tweet as you, again, would know if you actually read the links.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:22
    He fired his Secretary of State by tweet.
    Oh, the world is coming to an end because Trump didn't do it in person (sarcasm). Don't you think his bombing Syria was worse? Tweets don't kill people. Bombs do.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Sep '18 21:38
    Oh, the world is coming to an end because Trump didn't do it in person (sarcasm). Don't you think his bombing Syria was worse? Tweets don't kill people. Bombs do.
    You asked for what was "abnormal".

Unfortunately, the US bombing other countries isn't "abnormal".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree