Attacking the Fed

Attacking the Fed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20 Oct 12

For the sake of argument, let's assume that the Fed in New York had been 'taken out" by terrorists. What would be the consequences for the US and the world?

K

Germany

Moves
20 Oct 12

In practise it would be impossible to "take out" the Fed - only the US government can do it. It's a large organization, and most people working for it can be replaced quickly. The Fed does not really depend on any concrete infrastructure that much. It's like the attack on the Pentagon - the way the MoD works was never really hampered even though a large part of the building was destroyed. I suppose you could somehow steal all the gold (maybe George Clooney could do it) but that would probably not change that much concerning the way the Fed works.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
In practise it would be impossible to "take out" the Fed - only the US government can do it. It's a large organization, and most people working for it can be replaced quickly. The Fed does not really depend on any concrete infrastructure that much. It's like the attack on the Pentagon - the way the MoD works was never really hampered even though a large ...[text shortened]... could do it) but that would probably not change that much concerning the way the Fed works.
I suppose you could somehow steal all the gold-KazetNagorra

What are you talking about KN ? What gold ?!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by utherpendragon
I suppose you could somehow steal all the gold-KazetNagorra

What are you talking about KN ? What gold ?!
There's over $400 billion worth of gold bullion in the vault at the NY Federal reserve. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Bank_of_New_York

w

Moves
20 Oct 12

So what effect would it have on the economy?

K

Germany

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by whodey
So what effect would it have on the economy?
What's "it"? An attack? Well, nothing, since the attack would be futile with respect to seriously hindering the operations of the Fed. What do you think would happen?

w

Moves
21 Oct 12

What's "it"? An attack? Well, nothing, since the attack would be futile with respect to seriously hindering the operations of the Fed. What do you think would happen?
It is an obvious terrorist target. Remember 9/11? They tried the same thing years before and it failed the first time. This tells me that they may continue to target it until they are successful. Therefore, asking what benefit in terms of harming the country it will produce is a logical question I think. If it will cause systemic harm, perhaps they should think about decentralizing the Fed so that not all of their eggs are in one basket so to speak.

jb

Moves
21 Oct 12

It is an obvious terrorist target. Remember 9/11? They tried the same thing years before and it failed the first time. This tells me that they may continue to target it until they are successful. Therefore, asking what benefit in terms of harming the country it will produce is a logical question I think. If it will cause systemic harm, perhaps they shoul ...[text shortened]... think about decentralizing the Fed so that not all of their eggs are in one basket so to speak.
You mentioned 911. If you really understand what happened there then I ask you what caused bldg 7 to collapse?

K

Germany

Moves
21 Oct 12

Originally posted by joe beyser
You mentioned 911. If you really understand what happened there then I ask you what caused bldg 7 to collapse?
It was an obvious conspiracy, clearly there were many secret documents stashed in building 7. Otherwise, why would the government collapse the building long after it was already evacuated...?

jb

Moves
21 Oct 12

It was an obvious conspiracy, clearly there were many secret documents stashed in building 7. Otherwise, why would the government collapse the building long after it was already evacuated...?
If so then when were the explosives put in place?

K

Germany

Moves
21 Oct 12

Originally posted by joe beyser
If so then when were the explosives put in place?
Shortly after the Bilderberg group met with the UN.

jb

Moves
21 Oct 12

Shortly after the Bilderberg group met with the UN.
You goofy Bastige🙂

w

Moves
21 Oct 12

You mean like a giant shredder?

Too bad Enron did not think about doing this. 😛

w

Moves
21 Oct 12

I have yet heard compelling evidence that attacking the Fed would do a great deal of harm to the economy. Would the loss of gold there destroy the economy?

jb

Moves
22 Oct 12

I have yet heard compelling evidence that attacking the Fed would do a great deal of harm to the economy. Would the loss of gold there destroy the economy?
You act like you believe there is gold there.