1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You never know when the US government is going to bomb and/or invade somebody so such an artificial dictate is impractical. Since this board is overwhelmingly Western, you'd probably just wind up with a bunch of Euro themed threads to replace the US themed ones.
    It isn't a dictate. It's simply a friendly exhortation to fellow posters to think in terms of a month with a slightly different texture. Of course there will still be threads on U.S.-centric issues. Nothing 'artificial' is envisaged.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting how the resident munchkin men like generalissimo, Phil3000 and zeeblebot seize upon this moment to make rather lame personal comments. zeeblebot seems to be saying that he's not going to cooperate and that it should perhaps be reduced to a single day; Phil3000 seems to think that it's about FMF pandering to Americans and that this proposal is somehow ...[text shortened]... rily do, and to try to interest and engage the resident Americans with their choice of topics.
    Interesting how the resident munchkin men like generalissimo, Phil3000 and zeeblebot seize upon this moment to make rather lame personal comments
    did I touch a nerve there?

and generalissimo seems to think it might not work because he (and several others) and I (and several others) once disagreed over Honduras.
    I recommend you actually read my post thoroughly before assuming thats my only concern. Like I said, Im curious to know if you want to have people commenting on issues they have little knowledge of, in addition to that there is also the questions about how you arrived at your conclusions in the OP (regarding the confidence of non-american posters, americans' humility, etc)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:42
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]Interesting how the resident munchkin men like generalissimo, Phil3000 and zeeblebot seize upon this moment to make rather lame personal comments
    did I touch a nerve there?

and generalissimo seems to think it might not work because he (and several others) and I (and several others) once disagreed over Honduras.
    I recommend you actual ...[text shortened]... clusions in the OP (regarding the confidence of non-american posters, americans' humility, etc)[/b]
    There was tongue in cheek language in the OP, clearly. Sorry you missed that. Look. You either think a less-America-centric themed month is a good idea or you don't. Your surly personalization of this is not really very interesting. You up for it in August or not?
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    There was tongue in cheek language in the OP, clearly. Sorry you missed that. Look. You either think a less-America-centric themed month is a good idea or you don't. Your surly personalization of this is not really very interesting. You up for it in August or not?
    I think its a great idea, perhaps the best you've ever had in these forums.
    surly personalization? not at all, it was all truly just lighthearted fun, you shouldn't be so defensive unless I really uncovered a true fault of yours (in this case being lack of confidence). Im up for it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:52
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I think its a great idea, perhaps the best you've ever had in these forums.
    OK.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 17:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting how the resident munchkin men like generalissimo, Phil3000 and zeeblebot seize upon this moment to make rather lame personal comments. zeeblebot seems to be saying that he's not going to cooperate and that it should perhaps be reduced to a single day; Phil3000 seems to think that it's about FMF pandering to Americans and that this proposal is somehow ...[text shortened]... rily do, and to try to interest and engage the resident Americans with their choice of topics.
    i guess you're right, we've never heard FMF stoop to personal comments on the board, nor should we.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 18:01
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i guess you're right, we've never heard FMF stoop to personal comments on the board, nor should we.
    Never mind the quality, feel the width.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 18:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    Never mind the quality, feel the width.
    😵
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 03:01
    Well, it will mean I will have to focus my criticism on other countries other than my own. I can do that!
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 03:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well, it will mean I will have to focus my criticism on other countries other than my own. I can do that!
    Yeah! Those hosers from Soviet Canuckistan have flown under the radar far too long. It's time they came in for their share of abuse! 😠
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 03:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yeah! Those hosers from Soviet Canuckistan have flown under the radar far too long. It's time they came in for their share of abuse! 😠
    You mean those draft dodging, Darvlay accepting, royalty-boot licking arsonists that make up the fungus like film on our northern border? 😵

WARNING MIGHT BE "BAD" WORDS

YouTube
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 03:221 edit
    Wearing a floor-length brown robe, and a large crucifix around his neck, the leader of a Saint-Jovite-based cult turned himself into police yesterday and was arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting minors going back more than 30 years.

A Canada-wide arrest warrant was issued two weeks ago for Jean-Gaston Tremblay, the leader of the Apostles of Infinite Love.

Mr. Tremblay, 70, was also known as Father Jean Gregoire de la Trinite. His followers believed he was the real Roman Catholic pope

http://rickross.com/reference/apostles/apostles1.html

Apostles of Infinite Love...LOL
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 03:24
    Montreal --The chilling ritual known within the Order of the Solar Temple as "transit to Sirius" - a distant star where members of the doomsday cult believed they would live eternally once their souls were cleansed by flames - was first practised in the Laurentian hills north of Montreal.

It was a frigid October morning in 1994, and after fire crews tamed a raging blaze at a condo in the cottage-country town of Morin Heights, Que., they made a sickening discovery: five bodies, including that of a baby.

More than a decade later, a conductor who once taught at the University of Toronto and directed the Canadian Opera Company's orchestra is facing a second trial for his alleged role in a rash of deaths in Quebec, France and Switzerland.

Michel Tabachnik, a 62-year-old Franco-Swiss conductor and composer, is alleged to have intimate ties to the Order of the Solar Temple, a shadowy international cult that shot to prominence in the mid-1990s after dozens of its adherents died in several waves of mass suicide.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/solar/solar16.html
  14. silicon valley
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 19:49
    FMF to enforce the rule, nagging us when we stray?
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 15:29
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    FMF to enforce the rule, nagging us when we stray?
    That is a given

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree