1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 16:08
    The US has seemingly downgraded the EU diplomatic status (didn’t know diplomacy had statusses, but there you go; learn something nee every day).

Should You or I care?
    Me thinks EU interest in the US as a trading partner (or anything else worthwhile) is fading.

What can they offer us what China and Russia can’t?

Yeah... pretty much sums it all up. Nothing.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 16:16
    @shavixmir said
    The US has seemingly downgraded the EU diplomatic status (didn’t know diplomacy had statusses, but there you go; learn something nee every day).

Should You or I care?
    Me thinks EU interest in the US as a trading partner (or anything else worthwhile) is fading.

That's not really how trade works. If some company manager needs to import some product X they don't give a toss about what EU leaders think about it, they just care about where they can it cheapest. As it happens, there are a lot of goods and services which can be purchased in the U.S. but not (of equal quality) in China or Russia.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 16:36
    @shavixmir said

Should You or I care?

Geez. Relax.

Are Europeans really going to be that butthurt every time King Donald throws a tantrum?

Just ignore him. We'll be back out to play as soon as we shut him up in some asylum.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 16:431 edit
    @sh76 said
    Geez. Relax.

Are Europeans really going to be that butthurt every time King Donald throws a tantrum?

Just ignore him. We'll be back out to play as soon as we shut him up in some asylum.
    What's more concerning to the U.S.' European allies is that there is an entire political party, and millions of voters supporting King Donald. Trump will be gone in two years' time, most likely, but there is no indication that the conditions that allowed a clueless imbecile to take the helm will be any different.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 16:451 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    What's more concerning to the U.S.' European allies is that there is an entire political party, and millions of voters supporting King Donald. Trump will be gone in two years' time, most likely, but there is no indication that the conditions that allowed a clueless imbecile to take the helm will be any different.
    I think his coalition is generally far insufficient to elect a President and that only an extremely lucky series of events (HRC being his opponent and very lucky electoral math, chief amongst them) allowed him to be elected.

If he's re-elected in 2020, I'll reconsider.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:03
    @sh76 said
    I think his coalition is generally far insufficient to elect a President and that only an extremely lucky series of events (HRC being his opponent and very lucky electoral math, chief amongst them) allowed him to be elected.

If he's re-elected in 2020, I'll reconsider.
    That's not the point. If he narrowly loses but his support from the GOP remains, the next Donald won't take long.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:08
    @kazetnagorra said
    A clueless imbecile can do what Kissinger tells him to do just as well as an informed person. If you expect a change in policy you are mistaken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4047392/Henry-Kissinger-praises-Trump-phenomenon-foreign-countries-haven-t-seen-says-election-extraordinary-opportunity.html
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:29
    @kazetnagorra said
    That's not the point. If he narrowly loses but his support from the GOP remains, the next Donald won't take long.
    Most Republicans didn't like him during the primary process. They rallied around him to defeat Hillary.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:55
    @sh76 said
    Most Republicans didn't like him during the primary process. They rallied around him to defeat Hillary.
    And that's what worries the U.S.' allies: that will rally around the next retard facing an overwhelmingly superior candidate for short-term political gain and jeopardize U.S. interests again, instead of just refusing to support people like him from the get-go.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 20:38
    @kazetnagorra said
    And that's what worries the U.S.' allies: that will rally around the next retard facing an overwhelmingly superior candidate for short-term political gain and jeopardize U.S. interests again, instead of just refusing to support people like him from the get-go.
    Jeopardize what U.S. interests? I think you are confusing his being bombastic with actual policy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree