1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:50
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    nothing has helped anyone yet, and won't for years.....
    It mostly kicks in in 2014. Didn't you realize?
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:51
    Immediate Access to Insurance for Uninsured Individuals with a Pre-Existing Condition. Provides eligible individuals access to coverage that does not impose any coverage exclusions for pre-existing health conditions. This provision ends when Exchanges are operational

That would mean more, if you gave costs for the plans,, and if you happened to suck it up and DISH out for COBRA, guess what, you don't qualify...
    when do you figure the exchanges will be operational,, by say?? 2020??
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    It mostly kicks in in 2014. Didn't you realize?
    yes, I do,,
    not everyone else does though,,,nedd I post more MS forum stuff tonight??
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:52
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Hook line and sinker...... 2014? Why that's a mear 3.5 years away?
    I thought this plan would leave no one behind.....
    I'd glady give you a dollar in 3.5 years, for a burger today,, is that what you're saying?
    Hey, wait, I am not on medicare,, oh that's right there is a 2 year wait for that after you get S.S,,, so I guess I should just bite the rope, an ...[text shortened]... about that dental work,, need glasses by chance... you amaze me with your right wing sh____t
    your local state medicare may want to put a lien on your house before they grant you medicare. to make sure you're poor.

zennioptical.com used to fill glasses prescriptions with a base price of $20. just looked them up and the min is $8, now. as opposed to min $200 or so in the two optical shops i went by last week. zenni has their prescriptions made in china i think, and shipped over.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:53
    Actually the forum has became quite quiet now,, they relaize this is saving them nothing,, they are sick NOW.....
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    your local state medicare may want to put a lien on your house before they grant you medicare. to make sure you're poor.

zennioptical.com used to fill glasses prescriptions with a base price of $20. just looked them up and the min is $8, now. as opposed to min $200 or so in the two optical shops i went by last week. zenni has their prescriptions made in china i think, and shipped over.
    That's great, I'll check them out,,,
    now all I need is low cost copaxone, Nuvigil, or provigil,,,,,

ah but I have to say,, green tea has surprised me,, and it's cheap...
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 21:02
    you might also check into decaf green tea, and combinations of exercise (daily long walks, aerobic, calesthenic, weightlifting, yoga).

aerobics: Kenneth Cooper's books started it off, probably there are better ones now.

calisthenics: West Point Guide to Fitness

weightlifting: google, amazon

yoga: B.K.S. Iyengar's Light on Yoga.

tai chi: Douglas Lee's Tai Chi Chuan book
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 21:02
    can you get those drugs from Canadian companies?
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 21:03
    "self-infection with hookworm" is an alternative treatment?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis#Alternative_treatments
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 22:46
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    you might also check into decaf green tea, and combinations of exercise (daily long walks, aerobic, calesthenic, weightlifting, yoga).

aerobics: Kenneth Cooper's books started it off, probably there are better ones now.

calisthenics: West Point Guide to Fitness

weightlifting: google, amazon

yoga: B.K.S. Iyengar's Light on Yoga.

tai chi: Douglas Lee's Tai Chi Chuan book
    wow, you're full of good information...... I do yoga when I get up in the mornings, sometimes at night if it's quiet..
    Green tea has been great too.
    I have more cooling gear than I can sore right now, as the heat slow down the nerve signals like a computer with a plugged CPU fan....
    Good job passing that information on, and I thank you!
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    25 Jul '10 05:03
    you're welcome 🙂. i didn't put a book for weightlifting because i couldn't remember a good one. then i recalled Arnold Schwarzenegger's big book is pretty good. think i've got the 3rd edition somewhere. it's probably out of date, though.

amazon:

The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bill Dobbins (Paperback - Nov. 5, 1999)
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '10 03:08
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Yeah, none of the provisions immediately take effect except for:

Immediate Access to Insurance for Uninsured Individuals with a Pre-Existing Condition. Provides eligible individuals access to coverage that does not impose any coverage exclusions for pre-existing health conditions. This provision ends when Exchanges are operational.

Small Bus ...[text shortened]... ween 2010 and 2014 could be prohibited from participating in the new Health Insurance Exchanges.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/06/AR2009080602933.html
    Just for you Troop

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree