1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 03:56
    So, We're 7 months into the year, and a quiet has fallen over the debate on health care..
    What relief has it brought to the poor and down trodden? So we now have High risk pools, what a novel concept. Someone pinch me, but didn't several states already have them?? Still too expensive for the poor.....
    Some one show me 5 examples of how it has helped the poor uninsured people?
    Or give me a time frame when this will all come together, and we'll be singing songs of the Land of Milk and Honey again??
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    So, We're 7 months into the year, and a quiet has fallen over the debate on health care..
    What relief has it brought to the poor and down trodden? So we now have High risk pools, what a novel concept. Someone pinch me, but didn't several states already have them?? Still too expensive for the poor.....
    Some one show me 5 examples of how it has helped t ...[text shortened]... this will all come together, and we'll be singing songs of the Land of Milk and Honey again??
    The poor don't need high risk pools; they're already covered by Medicare.
    Much of the health care reform doesn't go into effect until 2014 so right wingers like yourself can keep writing asinine posts complaining that something that isn't in effect yet isn't doing much good.

EDIT: Here's a list of the provisions and when they go into effect: http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/TIMELINE.pdf
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Much of the health care reform doesn't go into effect until 2014 so right wingers like yourself can keep writing asinine posts complaining that something that isn't in effect yet isn't doing much good.
    Hook line and sinker...... 2014? Why that's a mear 3.5 years away?
    I thought this plan would leave no one behind.....
    I'd glady give you a dollar in 3.5 years, for a burger today,, is that what you're saying?
    Hey, wait, I am not on medicare,, oh that's right there is a 2 year wait for that after you get S.S,,, so I guess I should just bite the rope, and try not to scream,,,,, 3.5 years, no problem,, you ever think about writing a book...?
    And how is your medical insurance going Hoss? Nice low premiums, with good prescription plan? How about that dental work,, need glasses by chance... you amaze me with your right wing sh____t
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:141 edit
    I'd glady give you a dollar in 3.5 years, for a burger today,, is that what you're saying?
    Hey, wait, I am not on medicare,, oh that's right there is a 2 year wait for that after you get S.S,,, so I guess I should just bite the rope, and try not to scream,,,,, 3.5 years, no problem,, you ever think about writing a book...?
    Shut up, nitwit. This is the Debates forum not the "I want to show what a total idiot I am" Forum. What got passed was all that the conservatives would allow and is better than what the existing system provides.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:16
    Shut up, nitwit. This is the Debates forum not the "I want to show what a total idiot I am" Forum. What got passed was all that the conservatives would allow and is better than what the existing system provides.
    I started the post,, so try to give an answer, if that feeble mind has any,, anything?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:19
    I started the post,, so try to give an answer, if that feeble mind has any,, anything?
    I gave you an answer and a link to when the provisions of the health care reform go into effect. More than that you're not worth.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:20

EDIT: Here's a list of the provisions and when they go into effect: http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/TIMELINE.pdf
    And what is the cost?? oh we don't know yet?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:29
    Hey, wait, I am not on medicare,, oh that's right there is a 2 year wait for that after you get S.S,,, so I guess I should just bite the rope, an ...[text shortened]... about that dental work,, need glasses by chance... you amaze me with your right wing sh____t
    Yeah, none of the provisions immediately take effect except for:

Immediate Access to Insurance for Uninsured Individuals with a Pre-Existing Condition. Provides eligible individuals access to coverage that does not impose any coverage exclusions for pre-existing health conditions. This provision ends when Exchanges are operational.

Small Business Tax Credit. Initiates the first phase of the small business tax credit for qualified small employers for contributions to purchase health insurance for employees. The credit is up to 35 percent of the employer’s contribution to provide health insurance for employees. There is also a credit of up to 25 percent for small nonprofit organizations.

Eliminating Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions for Children. Bars all employer plans and new plans in the individual market from imposing pre-existing condition exclusions on children’s coverage.

Prohibiting Rescissions. Prohibits abusive practices whereby health plans rescind existing health insurance policies when a person gets sick as a way of avoiding covering the costs of enrollees’ health care needs.

Eliminating Lifetime Limits and Restricting Use of Annual Limits. Prohibits all health plans from placing lifetime limits on coverage, and prohibits the use of restrictive annual limits in all employer plans and new plans in the individual market.
    Covering Preventive Health Services. All new group health plans and plans in the individual market must provide first dollar coverage for preventive services.
    Extending Dependent Coverage. Requires all plans in the individual market and new employer plans that provide dependent coverage for children to continue to make that coverage available up to age 26; for existing employer plans, this applies only to young people not offered their own employer-provided coverage.

Reducing the Cost of Covering Early Retirees. Creates a new temporary reinsurance program (until the Exchanges are available) to help offset the costs of expensive claims for employers and retirees, for health benefits for retirees age 55-64.
    New, Independent Appeals Process. Requires that any new group health plan or new plan in the individual market implement an effective internal and external appeals process for coverage determinations and claims.

PREPARED BY COMMITTEES ON WAYS & MEANS, ENERGY & COMMERCE, AND EDUCATION & LABOR, APRIL 2, 2010 2
    Improving Consumer Assistance. Provides aid to states in establishing offices of health insurance consumer assistance in order to help individuals with the filing of complaints and appeals.

Improving Consumer Information through the Web. Requires the Secretary of HHS to establish an Internet website through which residents of any State may identify affordable health insurance coverage options in that State.
    Cracking Down on Health Care Fraud. Requires enhanced screening procedures for health care providers to eliminate fraud and waste in the health care system.
    Rebates for the Part D “Donut Hole”. Provides a $250 rebate for all Part D enrollees who enter the donut hole. Currently, the coverage gap falls between $2,700 and $6,154 in total drug costs.

Improving Public Health Prevention Efforts. Creates an interagency council to promote healthy policies at the federal level and establishes a prevention and public health investment fund to provide an expanded and sustained national investment in prevention and public health programs.

Strengthening the Quality Infrastructure. Additional resources provided to HHS to develop a national quality strategy and support quality measure development and endorsement for the Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP quality improvement programs.
    Extending Payment Protections for Rural Providers. Extends Medicare payment protections for small rural hospitals, including hospital outpatient services, lab services, and facilities that have a low-volume of Medicare patients, but play an important role in their communities.

Establishing a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. Establishes a private, non-profit institute to identify national priorities and provide for research to compare the effectiveness of health treatments and strategies.

Ensuring Medicaid Flexibility for States. A new option allowing States to cover parents and childless adults up to 133 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and receive current law Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) will take effect.

Non-Profit Hospitals. Establishes new requirements applicable to nonprofit hospitals beginning in 2010, including periodic community needs assessments.

Expanding the Adoption Credit and Adoption Assistance Program. Increases the adoption tax credit and adoption assistance exclusion by $1,000, makes the credit refundable, and extends the credit through 2011. The enhancements are effective for tax years beginning after December 31, 2009.

Encouraging Investment in New Therapies. A two‐year temporary credit subject to an overall cap of $1 billion to encourage investments in new therapies to prevent, diagnose, and treat acute and chronic diseases. The credit would be available for qualifying investments made in 2009 and 2010.

Tax Relief for Health Professionals with State Loan Repayment. Excludes from gross income payments made under any State loan repayment or loan forgiveness program that is intended to provide for the increased availability of health care services in underserved or health professional shortage areas. This provision is effective for amounts received by an individual in taxable years beginning after December 31, 2008.

PREPARED BY COMMITTEES ON WAYS & MEANS, ENERGY & COMMERCE, AND EDUCATION & LABOR, APRIL 2, 2010 3

Excluding from Income Health Benefits Provided by Indian Tribal Governments. Excludes from gross income the value of specified Indian tribal health benefits. The provision is effective for benefits and coverage provided after the date of enactment.
    Establishing a National Health Care Workforce Commission. Establishes an independent National Commission to provide comprehensive, nonbiased information and recommendations to Congress and the Administration for aligning federal health care workforce resources with national needs.

Strengthening the Health Care Workforce. Expands and improves low-interest student loan programs, scholarships, and loan repayments for health students and professionals to increase and enhance the capacity of the workforce to meet patients’ health care needs.

Special Deduction for Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). Requires that non-profit BCBS organizations have a medical loss ratio of 85 percent or higher in order to take advantage of the special tax benefits provided to them under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 833, including the deduction for 25 percent of claims and expenses and the 100 percent deduction for unearned premium reserves.

Indoor Tanning Services Tax. Imposes a ten percent tax on amounts paid for indoor tanning services in lieu of the tax on cosmetic surgery. Indoor tanning services are services that use an electronic product with one or more ultraviolet lamps to induce skin tanning. The tax would be effective for services on or after July 1, 2010.

Holding Insurance Companies Accountable for Unreasonable Rate Hikes. Creates a grant program to support States in requiring health insurance companies to submit justification for unreasonable premium increases starting in plan year 2010, and insurance companies with excessive or unjustified premium increases between 2010 and 2014 could be prohibited from participating in the new Health Insurance Exchanges.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:302 edits
    And what is the cost?? oh we don't know yet?
    Actually you are about to feel the Obamacare tax burden. The taxes kick in years before the program is implemented.

Sounds fair to Whodey!!

They also promise us that Obamacare will be deficit friendly.

So if you believe that could I also interest you in buying some stock in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? I hear they are about to take off don't ya know.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:37
    Medicare
    You might qualify for Medicare, even if you are under age 65, if you have a disability that is
    expected to last at least a year or is expected to cause your death. In order to get Medicare
    because you are disabled, you have to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
    and you must receive SSDI for 24 months before you can enroll in Medicare. Until that time,
    you will have to fi nd another source of health insurance, like COBRA (see Sections #1 and
    #2) or one of the other options discussed below.
    TO LEARN MORE about SSDI, call the Social Security Administration’s toll-free number
    at 1.800.772.1213 (1.800.325.0778 TTY). To learn more about Medicare, call 1.800.
    MEDICARE (633.4227) or go to www.medicare.gov.
    Medicaid
    If you are blind or have a disability and your income is low or you spend most of your income
    on health care, you may qualify for Medicaid. People who have a disability usually qualify
    for Medicaid because they get Supplemental Security Income (SSI), but you may be able to
    get Medicaid while you are waiting to fi nd out if you are eligible for SSI. Even if you do not
    qualify for SSI, you may still be able to get health insurance through Medicaid.
    TO LEARN MORE about the rules and how to apply, contact the Oregon Health Plan
    toll-free line at 1.800.359.9517 (1.800.621.5260 TDD).
    Oregon’s High-Risk Pool for People with Health Problems
    High-risk pools are state-run programs that sell health insurance to a small number of people
    who are turned away by insurance companies or are offered very limited or expensive policies
    because they or a family member have an existing health problem.
    TO LEARN MORE about Oregon’s high-risk pool, the Oregon Medical Insurance Pool,
    call 1.800.848.7280.
    Find out if you qualify, which services are covered and how much it costs. Also, if your income
    is low, ask if the high-risk pool provides extra help with the cost of premiums.

Now the bottom line,, COBRA for just myself has run 18K,, ya 18 thousand dollars, no dental, vision,, or coverage for the other three in the family,, so where is this help........ 6 months to wait for medicare,, have pre-existing condition, but because I paid COBRA, I don't qualify to sign up for the NEW plan... are you people just blind... USAP pays notta for insurance,, military benefit..... so nothing ventured, nothing gained there. Not getting taxed either??

This plan blows,, everybody is just now catching up... DOH, say what??
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:39
    Improving Consumer Information through the Web. Requires the Secretary of HHS to establish an Internet website through which residents of any State may identify affordable health insurance coverage options in that State.
    Cracking Down on Health Care Fraud. Requires enhanced screening procedures for health care providers to eliminate fraud and waste in the health care system.
    Rebates for the Part D “Donut Hole”. Provides a $250 rebate for all Part D enrollees who enter the donut hole. Currently, the coverage gap falls between $2,700 and $6,154 in total drug costs.

Oh, and I'm jumping up and down for that! What else can you tout....?
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:41
    Non-Profit Hospitals. Establishes new requirements applicable to nonprofit hospitals beginning in 2010, including periodic community needs assessments.

So what???
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:46
    Establishing a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. Establishes a private, non-profit institute to identify national priorities and provide for research to compare the effectiveness of health treatments and strategies.

Establishes when, and how,,, and do I really care? Just what does this do to help anyone with a chronic disease,, lets say in the next year???
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:48
    I gave you an answer and a link to when the provisions of the health care reform go into effect. More than that you're not worth.
    You gave nothing but a bunch of maybes..... the bottom line is, nothing has helped anyone yet, and won't for years.....
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 04:49
    Establishes when, and how,,, and do I really care? Just what does this do to help anyone with a chronic disease,, lets say in the next year???
    If you don't care about parts of the reform that don't affect you, why should people care about the parts that do affect you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree