Moves
    25 Sep '09 16:28
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I'm still with ya whodey.
    ...says whodey's favorite lapdog.
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 16:32
    Michelle Malin? Come on. Do you swee me quoting keith Olberman? lets stay clear of the paid for hire taliking heads for awhile, ok? 90% of them are not at all worth talking about. Just entertainers serving you what you want to hear.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 16:53
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Michelle Malin? Come on. Do you swee me quoting keith Olberman? lets stay clear of the paid for hire taliking heads for awhile, ok? 90% of them are not at all worth talking about. Just entertainers serving you what you want to hear.
    don't you think it is a little disturbing that children are singing that kind of stalin-like song in school?
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    don't you think it is a little disturbing that children are singing that kind of stalin-like song in school?
    If there was a mandate that this had to be done at every school throughout the country, then yes, it would be disturbing. I mean, what ever happened to teaching kids to sing melodies!! But with the many 1000s of schools across the country, it's shouldn't be too hard to find something odd or strange being done somewhere.

I'm actually very surprised that this tacky thing (from last February) was the best that could be dredged up. Surely you guys can do better.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 17:20
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    If there was a mandate that this had to be done at every school throughout the country, then yes, it would be disturbing. I mean, what ever happened to teaching kids to sing melodies!! But with the many 1000s of schools across the country, it's shouldn't be too hard to find something odd or strange being done somewhere.

I'm actually very surprised that ...[text shortened]... ng (from last February) was the best that could be dredged up. Surely you guys can do better.
    even if it was happening in one school, its still very inappropriate.
    Imagine if children were singing songs about Bush? wouldn't people go crazy over that? why have the double-standards?
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 17:431 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    even if it was happening in one school, its still very inappropriate.
    Imagine if children were singing songs about Bush? wouldn't people go crazy over that? why have the double-standards?
    I'm not arguing that this was "appropriate" -- although if this was something done every year for whoever was president, it would probably be okay - although I would have some questions about the school's music program - the song (er..I mean chant) was an aesthetic disaster by even elementary school standards.

Would people be going crazy if this was being done about Bush? Most likely, given that the state of political discourse these days is an aesthetic disaster by even elementary school standards.

But my biggest concern -- if this was 15 years ago, they would have found someone teaching all the kids ebonics. Now it's just insipid chanting. The standards just keep declining.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 18:01
    THIS IS IDOLATRY,NOTHING LESS
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 18:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]THIS IS IDOLATRY,NOTHING LESS[/b]
    the messiah is never wrong, how dare you say such thing!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree