1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '20 05:22
    @metal-brain said
    I am aware that Trump signed an executive order saying it would not be enforced, yet every year I do my taxes my tax preparer determines whether or not I will be taxed for not being insured for that year.

Why is that?
    No "executive order";

"After broader attempts to repeal and replace the ACA stalled out in the summer of 2017, Congress reduced the individual mandate penalty to $0 effective in 2019 as part of tax reform legislation passed last December."

https://www.kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/how-repeal-of-the-individual-mandate-and-expansion-of-loosely-regulated-plans-are-affecting-2019-premiums/

You might need a new tax preparer.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 03:52
    @no1marauder said
    No "executive order";

"After broader attempts to repeal and replace the ACA stalled out in the summer of 2017, Congress reduced the individual mandate penalty to $0 effective in 2019 as part of tax reform legislation passed last December."

https://www.kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/how-repeal-of-the-individual-mandate-and-expansion-of-loosely-regulated-plans-are-affecting-2019-premiums/

It started with an executive order.

https://trumpcare.com/trumpcare-individual-mandate/

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-kill-obamacare-repealing-individual-mandate-763095
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '20 07:28
    @no1marauder said
    No "executive order";

Biden said he would bring back the individual mandate, the penalty for not having health insurance. Most Americans oppose the individual mandate. Biden wants to give Americans what they don't want.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/joe-biden-vows-to-bring-back-obamacare-individual-mandate-penalty.html

https://www.freedomworks.org/content/82-americans-oppose-health-care-mandate

Is there a republican plan that Biden doesn't like? Biden is following the Heritage Foundation.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:431 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    He continues to equate Republican with Libertarian. And there is a chasm between the two.
    A chasm that is never quite wide enough.

Kissing cousins, is what they are.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:48
    @vivify said
    No, I don't.

You keep pretending you're not a Republican when you obviously are.

Being a Republican and being libertarian aren't mutually exclusive; Ron Paul, for example. But unlike Paul, your beliefs line up more with Fox News than with libertarian principles. Fox News rejected Ron Paul even though he consistently lead in polls; they'd welcome you with open arms.
    And then Ron Paul was so close to the Republican Party that they had a child together, that they named Rand. Not too subtle, were they.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:49
    @earl-of-trumps said
    And now we have Sen. John Kennedy quesrioning Amy Barrett:

Kennedy: "Are you are Racist?"
    Barrett: "No"
    Kennedy: "Are you sure you're not a racist?"

Hey SCREW you smellocrats. you SUCK.
    Again, a valid question for ALL Republicans.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:521 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    They won't say they Aren't Marxists,, have you noticed? They want a nanny government, Pelosi said Wednesday that even though she is not accepting the trillions to hand out to the populace, not to worry, she will feed them. She will feed them. There is at LEAST one lib here who would consider such a life, might not be a bad idea. Govt care. Glad all this did not happen when Steve Jobs was in his garage, you would not have a computer to converse on.
    Idiotic accusations don't need to be denied. I notice those making them don't say they're NOT lying.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:57
    @metal-brain said
    Obamacare has an individual mandate. I have reason to oppose that. You should oppose the individual mandate since it is a republican idea.
    What did she say when asked?
    Was she asked if she opposed the individual mandate? Why? Wasn't it repealed (by Republicans)? Do you EVER know what you're talking about?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 06:59
    @vivify said
    Yes. Why the hell would anyone oppose birth control? What reason would I have to oppose Obamacare?
    A Catholic might oppose birth control.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 15:39
    @Metal-Brain
    The bottom line is you are WAY ok with Trump ruining the bipartisan basis, you know, the part where SCOTUS is INDEPENDENT from the other branches of government?

So you are ok with Trump taking over not just the senate and WH but SCOTUS as well.

It shows where your heart is. And it is NOT in America.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 20:56
    @suzianne said
    Again, a valid question for ALL Republicans.
    She adopted two African-Haitian children, and yet she is slurred with such a ludicrous question?

Face facts, you and dems are pure haters. What have YOU done for African children lately, Suzie?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 21:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    She adopted two African-Haitian children, and yet she is slurred with such a ludicrous question?

Face facts, you and dems are pure haters. What have YOU done for African children lately, Suzie?
    Jesus Earl, the question was asked by a REPUBLICAN.

WTF, does it have to do with Democrats?
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 23:01
    @no1marauder said
    Jesus Earl, the question was asked by a REPUBLICAN.

WTF, does it have to do with Democrats?
    Didi you hear what Suzie said??

She said ALL republicans should be asked if they are racists.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 23:08
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Didi you hear what Suzie said??

She said ALL republicans should be asked if they are racists.
    To tell you the truth, I rarely read Suzi's or Sonhouse's posts anymore; both have flown off the deep end of partisanship.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 07:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    The bottom line is you are WAY ok with Trump ruining the bipartisan basis, you know, the part where SCOTUS is INDEPENDENT from the other branches of government?

So you are ok with Trump taking over not just the senate and WH but SCOTUS as well.

It shows where your heart is. And it is NOT in America.
    Biden is a DINO republican. You are going to get corrupt SCOTUS picks either way.

Biden said he would never ban fracking. Said he was against the green new deal. Why do you like Biden again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree