Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 28 Oct '10 16:11
    beautiful curves ... the subject not so beautiful but the graphs are ...

    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1920&bih=967&q=case+schiller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    google images: Case Schiller
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Oct '10 16:12 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    beautiful curves ... the subject not so beautiful but the graphs are ...

    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1920&bih=967&q=case+schiller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    google images: Case Schiller
    The housing market will not recover entirely. It will remain a buyer's market for a while which makes me happy In addition to helping poor people move up, this also helps rich people with money to burn. This latter factor I think encourages the rich to keep the economy suppressed. The fewer rich people there are, and the more culturally similar they are, the easier it is for them to act as a cartel to do this. Keeping cash out of the economy means every dollar's value goes up in real terms, including every dollar of their vast fortunes. This is what printing money, progressive taxation, affirmative action etc (liberal stuff) helps neutralize.

    I feel like a sex addict in a whorehouse!

    Warren Buffet on the recession


    Those who have a house purchased at boom prices are out of luck. They won't get their investment back for the foreseeable future.

    The economy will go up.
  3. 28 Oct '10 16:21
    it'll probably bump along for a while then go up.
  4. 28 Oct '10 16:37
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    beautiful curves ... the subject not so beautiful but the graphs are ...

    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1920&bih=967&q=case+schiller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    google images: Case Schiller
    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    No, they will never go up for all of eternity.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    28 Oct '10 16:54
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    beautiful curves ... the subject not so beautiful but the graphs are ...

    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1920&bih=967&q=case+schiller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    google images: Case Schiller
    Neither the housing market or the economy will change much in the next 2-4 years (no matter who is in power.) The American economy was damaged badly in the crash of 2008. 2 things that will help however:

    1. Get our financial institutions off the deregulation bandwagen, and face the fact that business need to be governed.

    2. Stop giving tax breaks to companies that export American jobs overseas. Argue all you want, but throwing American employees on the unemployment lines will not help the American economy.

    Sadly....these things won't happen. The G O P will be voted back in shortly. Deregulation and aiding companies in offshoring American jobs are the foundations of the Conservative agenda.
  6. 28 Oct '10 17:28
    Originally posted by bill718
    Neither the housing market or the economy will change much in the next 2-4 years (no matter who is in power.) The American economy was damaged badly in the crash of 2008. 2 things that will help however:

    1. Get our financial institutions off the deregulation bandwagen, and face the fact that business need to be governed.

    2. Stop giving tax breaks to co ...[text shortened]... nd aiding companies in offshoring American jobs are the foundations of the Conservative agenda.
    the Democrats have been in power since at least 2006, what've they done about it other than run the economy into the ground?
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    28 Oct '10 20:39
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    beautiful curves ... the subject not so beautiful but the graphs are ...

    anyone still think the housing market will go up? how about the economy?

    http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1920&bih=967&q=case+schiller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    google images: Case Schiller
    Why don't you post an image of the CS index updated to their last release instead of a search that includes mostly outdated ones?
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Oct '10 20:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    the Democrats have been in power since at least 2006, what've they done about it other than run the economy into the ground?
    Democrats have been "in power" during Dubya's term of office?! The second a Democrat took office the rate of unemployment stabilized and then began to (gently, but still) drop.

    http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp
  9. 29 Oct '10 16:33
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why don't you post an image of the CS index updated to their last release instead of a search that includes mostly outdated ones?
    why don't YOU post it?
  10. 29 Oct '10 16:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Democrats have been "in power" during Dubya's term of office?! The second a Democrat took office the rate of unemployment stabilized and then began to (gently, but still) drop.

    http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp
    effect on economy:

    1. House of Representatives
    2. Senate
    3. Executive
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    29 Oct '10 16:56
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    why don't YOU post it?
    I know it. I just want to know why YOU didn't.
  12. 30 Oct '10 16:42
    Now you guys made me curious what it would say:

    http://www.standardandpoors.com/servlet/BlobServer?blobheadername3=MDT-Type&blobcol=urldocumentfile&blobtable=SPComSecureDocument&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3Ddownload.pdf&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobheadername1=content-type&blobwhere=1245231571069&blobheadervalue3=abinary%3B+charset%3DUTF-8&blobnocache=true
  13. 30 Oct '10 16:48 / 2 edits
    I've noticed a gradual decline in the economy since Clinton took office. In fact, I have heard that the middle class has been shrinking for some time. You kids can blame the financial melt down and play partisan politics all you like by pointing the finger at only one party, however, I say that the credit crisis was more of a symptom than a cause for decline. So continue to blame either the only the GOP or Dems for all your woes.

    Enjoy!!
  14. 30 Oct '10 16:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've noticed a gradual decline in the economy since Clinton took office. In fact, I have heard that the middle class has been shrinking for some time. You kids can blame the financial melt down and play partisan politics all you like by pointing the finger at only one party, however, I say that the credit crisis was more of a symptom than a cause for decline. So continue to blame either the only the GOP or Dems for all your woes.

    Enjoy!!
    I love how you always pretend to not be partisan, even though you'd even vote for a Republican if the candidate was a (natural born) lettuce.
  15. 30 Oct '10 17:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I love how you always pretend to not be partisan, even though you'd even vote for a Republican if the candidate was a (natural born) lettuce.
    It is a mystery to me why people like whodey are still given the right to vote, every time I look at his posts Im more convinced that the current system is bound to elect incompetent leaders.