1. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 18:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    This is what printing money, progressive taxation, affirmative action etc (liberal stuff) helps neutralize.
    I am curious about that point. I come from a part of the world where printing money is quite popular (Zambia in the early nineties and Zimbabwe since then).
    I saw it as a non-progressive tax on anyone whose main worth was in currency (the poor). So I fail to see how it is a good thing (from the point of view of the poor).
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 01:573 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am curious about that point. I come from a part of the world where printing money is quite popular (Zambia in the early nineties and Zimbabwe since then).
    I saw it as a non-progressive tax on anyone whose main worth was in currency (the poor). So I fail to see how it is a good thing (from the point of view of the poor).
    By itself it's not a good thing. However, if the printed money is then distributed to the poor via whatever method (relief checks, jobs programs etc) then the rich peoples' strategy of denying cash to the market (in order to make everyone desperate and willing to do anything for the cash which the rich have socked away) is undermined.

Now, of course, if the government prints the money and then simply spends it on jet fighters or paying foreign debt or gives it to the rich this will not work. In that case the money does not go into circulation such that the poor can gain it. It remains circulating from one rich person to another in that case and so does not accomplish the objective of helping the poor defend themselves from the rich.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 02:22
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    It is a mystery to me why people like whodey are still given the right to vote, every time I look at his posts Im more convinced that the current system is bound to elect incompetent leaders.
    I suppose the only way to sleep good at night for "progressives" like yourself is to not allow conservaitves from voting. In fact, I think Clinton said that the Tea Party was the most dangerous organization on the face of the planet. So much for Al qaeda. 😛
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 03:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    In fact, I think Clinton said that the Tea Party was the most dangerous organization on the face of the planet. So much for Al qaeda. 😛
    Interesting meme. I wonder if it's true.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 08:031 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Interesting meme. I wonder if it's true.
    Probably not. Google gives me this YouTube video from a conspiracy nutcase.

YouTube

Contrary to what the title suggests, Clinton does not mention the Tea Party, but states there is currently a climate in which extreme fringe groups might do something akin to the Oklahoma bombing.

So whodey, when did Clinton make that statement?
  6. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 09:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Contrary to what the title suggests, Clinton does not mention the Tea Party, but states there is currently a climate in which extreme fringe groups might do something akin to the Oklahoma bombing.
    The Oklahoma bombing was absolutely nuts. These kinda things just gotta be concerted.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 10:131 edit
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Now you guys made me curious what it would say:

http://www.standardandpoors.com/servlet/BlobServer?blobheadername3=MDT-Type&blobcol=urldocumentfile&blobtable=SPComSecureDocument&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3Ddownload.[WORD TOO LONG]/b]
    So why do you think zeeblebot preferred a google image search where the very first graph only goes up to 2008?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 12:33
    Just look at the increasing trend in the last 2 years! Soon the housing prices will go up by 50% per year.

[/zeeblebot logic]
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 17:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So why do you think zeeblebot preferred a google image search where the very first graph only goes up to 2008?
    that was the very first graph for you. not necessarily for us.

anyhow, i like the look of line charts. they're beautiful.
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 17:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose the only way to sleep good at night for "progressives" like yourself is to not allow conservaitves from voting. In fact, I think Clinton said that the Tea Party was the most dangerous organization on the face of the planet. So much for Al qaeda. 😛
    Clinton's finally got his (or her) 'vast right-wing conspiracy'.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 19:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

It's pretty obvious that you can't read them, though.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 21:03
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

So... looking at the charts we can see we first had steep rises in house prices, followed by the collapse of the bubble, a steep decline and now they have stabilized.

How does this relate to your OP?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree