1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '17 16:27
    YouTube

During a speech today on the Senate floor about health care, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) pulled out a huge poster of one of President-elect Donald Trump’s old tweets to use as an example and call out the incoming POTUS on his campaign rhetoric.

Highlighting a May 2015 tweet Trump sent where he claimed he was the only potential GOP presidential candidate against cuts in Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security, Sanders wanted Trump to stand up to Congressional Republicans and Paul Ryan or admit he was “lying” and just trying to get votes.

"I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 7, 2015"

The former Democratic presidential candidate also brought up Trump’s statements hammering Ryan on the campaign trail for wanting to make cuts to Medicare and Medicaid.

The Senate is currently debating the repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree