1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 03:291 edit
    https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/bernie-sanders-saved-a-woman-s-life-and-didn-t-tell-anybody-1.6533556

Bernie Sanders Saved a Woman’s Life and Didn’t Tell Anybody

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is not publicity shy by any stretch of the imagination. Known for his thick Brooklyn accent and progressive politics, the former presidential candidate has become an iconic figure on the American left.

Apparently, however, Sanders can also exhibit modesty.

On Thursday, a woman named Amy Currotto posted on Facebook that Sanders had saved her life, writing that he “stopped me from getting hit by a car on my way to my guitar lesson so we took a selfie together. (He is also much taller than me so awkward picture.)” Currotto did not say where the incident occurred.

Washington Post reporter Jeff Stein shared the post, writing that Sanders did not tell anybody about the incident and his staffers only found out by happenstance.

“Apparently Sen. Sanders went for a walk by himself during a break on Wednesday, stopped a woman from getting hit by a car, and then came back to the office and didn’t tell anybody about it,” Stein tweeted. “His team found out about it on Facebook.”

Stein’s tweet was shared 525 times and received 2,611 likes.

Sanders did not mention the incident on either of his two verified Twitter accounts.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 03:34
    @vivify said
    https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/bernie-sanders-saved-a-woman-s-life-and-didn-t-tell-anybody-1.6533556

Bernie Sanders Saved a Woman’s Life and Didn’t Tell Anybody

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is not publicity shy by any stretch of the imagination. Known for his thick Brooklyn accent and progressive politics, the former presidential candidate has becom ...[text shortened]... kes.

Sanders did not mention the incident on either of his two verified Twitter accounts.
    What a nice guy. He'd make a great crossing guard.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 04:54
    Trump would have shoved her just to make sure.
    (Then rifled her handbag)
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 03:541 edit
    @sleepyguy said
    With those thick glasses, how does he see anything?

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it.

Well now that he has achieved saint hood among the atheist elite, will they finally appoint him the next nomination to the DNC Presidential winner instead of Hillary?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 06:02
    @sleepyguy said
    Clearly not as qualified for political office as a senile shyster.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 17:14
    @kazetnagorra said
    Clearly not as qualified for political office as a senile shyster.
    Someone who endorses a wife beater like Keith Ellison is not qualified for much of anything.

Guess it's better than writing down another rape fantasy like he did previously or selling out to Hillary for the nomination, only to then buy a half million dollar retreat on the lake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree