1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 14:17
    I cannot begin to write about how feds are getting it all back to the states, it affects all of the policies of the Obama administration , and the Regulatory agencies. Absolutely huge! It ruled on the question that EPA, FCC, etc, do not have the authority to do whatever they want unless congress passes legislation. Thank god the EPA radicals have been curbed. The states will deal with individual power plants. Not dam govt.
    As you fellers harp about the conservative judges, like your friend Kavanaugh, note that in a 5-4 decision in the Remain in Mexico case, Kavanaugh sided with the liberals.. You cant say how bad he is anymore!!! I love this country.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-curbs-epas-power-limit-greenhouse-gas-emissions-rcna31904
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 17:47
    @averagejoe1 said
    I cannot begin to write about how feds are getting it all back to the states, it affects all of the policies of the Obama administration , and the Regulatory agencies. Absolutely huge! It ruled on the question that EPA, FCC, etc, do not have the authority to do whatever they want unless congress passes legislation. Thank god the EPA radicals have been curbed. The states ...[text shortened]... s.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-curbs-epas-power-limit-greenhouse-gas-emissions-rcna31904
    its so sad the dems weaponized all these govt agencies and are making bank on their dealings...I bet arms dealers are rejoicing while the old and poor folks are starving here in bidens America
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 18:30
    Just wondering ..........
    As an offshoot from the EPA, emphasis on the "E" - Environmental......

The next time a major hurricane strikes, say Texas, who comes up with the $$$$ in the recovery efforts ??
    Federal government ?? They get to hold the bag on this one, don't they.
    I think the EPA should have the main influence in the decisions on the world you guys live in.
    Why bother having a country otherwise ?
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 18:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    I cannot begin to write about how feds are getting it all back to the states, it affects all of the policies of the Obama administration , and the Regulatory agencies. Absolutely huge! It ruled on the question that EPA, FCC, etc, do not have the authority to do whatever they want unless congress passes legislation. Thank god the EPA radicals have been curbed. The states ...[text shortened]... s.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-curbs-epas-power-limit-greenhouse-gas-emissions-rcna31904
    Yeah… cause it’s in the constitution that environmental issues can’t be decide….

Oh. Wait. It’s not.

It’s just more right-wing, incel, trailer trash clap trap by old fukkers with too much power over wisdom.

Jesus Christ. Your country is stupid.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 18:441 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Nice to see that the Supreme Court is fulfilling their obligation to Donald Trump by bringing down America.

And, instead of putting on the brakes, to keep us from a global catastrophe, you morons are stomping on the gas.

Thanks for nothing.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 18:49
    @mghrn55 said

The next time a major hurricane strikes, say Texas, who comes up with the $$$$ in the recovery efforts ??
    I think the EPA should have the main influence in the decisions on the world you guys live in.
    That would be FEMA. The E in FEMA is "Emergency".

But yeah, the EPA is the one that follows Federal regulations on, for example, how much corporations can get away with polluting the environment.

Again, welcome to the Republic of Gilead.

After "warning" us for years about the possibility of seeing 1984 come to pass, I see the right is ensuring that it happens.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 18:52
    @mott-the-hoople said
    its so sad the dems weaponized all these govt agencies and are making bank on their dealings...I bet arms dealers are rejoicing while the old and poor folks are starving here in bidens America
    Hey, stupid.

Donald Trump weaponized all these agencies when he installed CEOs who had no idea how to run these departments as secretaries.

The destruction of America, that you claim to have been warning us about for years, is coming nigh at your own hands.

I hope you're happy.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 19:07
    @averagejoe1 said
    Congress clearly delegated to the EPA the power to regulate air pollution in the Clean Air Act. It has been almost astonishingly successful in doing so despite the fact conservatives bitterly opposed the creation of the agency.

Unable to get rid of it and appease their corporate masters by abolishing the EPA or repealing the Clean Air Act, right wingers simply put enough lackeys on the SCOTUS to whip up, out of thin air, a "Simon sez" doctrine of statutory interpretation by which the Court decides whether sufficient i's have dotted and t's crossed for the law to apply in circumstances even when it's completely clear the Act's goals support the challenged regulation.

This is nothing less than judicial usurpation of Congressional power in an area where judges have little or no knowledge and expertise.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 19:231 edit
    @mghrn55 said

The whole point of the decision is that EPA does not have enough direction from the congress for the SCOTUS to make decisions on. It is that simple. Libs say so what, let each agency run amok. It is the simple.
    So, what is your problem with the decision,? they could make no other, there was not enough substance. How should they have ruled?
    Anyway, I dont quite get your point about fed assistance, it has always been there, such as Katrina, etc.
    Reference your 'why have a country...." I would love you to respond to THIS question..
    Why Bother Having a Country if There is No Border?
    Please answer.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 20:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    I cannot begin to write
    ...but you just did.

Was there ever a day in your life when you were not transparent?
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 21:31
    @shallow-blue said
    ...but you just did.

Was there ever a day in your life when you were not transparent?
    Is that you, Suzianne? Clone City around here.
    And truly, why do you fellers get personal?
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 21:36
    @shavixmir said
    Yeah… cause it’s in the constitution that environmental issues can’t be decide….

Oh. Wait. It’s not.

It’s just more right-wing, incel, trailer trash clap trap by old fukkers with too much power over wisdom.

Jesus Christ. Your country is stupid.
    Shav, you guys are scrambling, to no avail. Our 10th amendment says that if something is not specifically addressed in the constitution, it is left to the states to make those decisions. "We the People", I always say!! Dont be embarrassed, none of the libs on the Forum get it, either.
    If you say that that makes us stupid, then, by your logic, you are stupid too. (Dam, it is hard for me to get personal, maybe you libs could teach me how to do it).
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 22:16
    @AverageJoe1

Yeah, but the bastids backed the WH in their attempt to drop "wait in Mexicio" for catch-and-realese (in America).

A million cases of aiding and abetting a felon.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Jun '22 22:24
    @suzianne said
    Hey, stupid.

Donald Trump weaponized all these agencies when he installed CEOs who had no idea how to run these departments as secretaries.

The destruction of America, that you claim to have been warning us about for years, is coming nigh at your own hands.

I hope you're happy.
    THE END IS NEAR!! THE END ISS NEAR!!

shadap
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jul '22 03:13
    Sometimes you just have to laugh when you should probably cry:

Anthony Michael Kreis
    @AnthonyMKreis
    Listen, if Congress wanted to give the power to the EPA to keep our air clean, they would have provided a clearer title for the law than the "Clean Air Act."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree