1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 14:28
    @suzianne said
    Are you getting old like Trump?

You're not making any sense, just like him. Be careful what you wish for.
    To be fair neither of them ever did make sense but they were amusing little sprites prancing around in the shadows of their own pathologies, they are not so funny now that they are strutting around in the glow of the super trooper but they are also easy to see for what they are
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Apr '24 19:33
    @spruce112358 said
    All right, let's get REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS!!!

https://npr.org/2024/04/01/1241984004/ties-necktie-biden-obama-clinton-presidents-fashion

Of course, y'all are too young to remember 'Hatless Jack' Kennedy and how he changed the style of the nation by refusing to wear a hat. His reason: he thought hats made his ears stick out. But for years hatters chased the Preside ...[text shortened]... his head.

Kennedy killed hats! Bummer!

https://www.primermagazine.com/2021/learn/jfk-mens-hat
    The casual dress at the office movement seems to have gained some momentum in the late 90's. Law firms and investment banks were chasing talent so hard that they needed to offer something without increasing the already skyrocketing salaries in a super-hot market. So, they let people dress down a little, and then a lot.

Covid, however, probably killed formal dress for good as a mandatory aspect of business. Suddenly, you worked from your living room for a year and it didn't matter what you wore.

Personally, except when vacationing or working out, I think the President of the United States should dress formally, but I'm not going to spend any energy worrying about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree