1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 17:102 edits
    Fox news mouthpiece Bill O'Reilly is usually angry about something, but now he's taken his thunder to a whole new level. The "far left" is says is trying to brand America as a racist nation made up of predominately white people who are trying to "keep black people down" I can sympathize with Mr. O'Reilly to a small degree, since it seems only white males ever get accused of racism (which would suggest everyone else is perfect in this area). What Mr. O'Reilly needs to understand is by thundering on in this way, he's only fueling the fire of his critics. Racism (though few will admit this) is not confined to white males only. As a white male I have heard many racial slurs by many from our beloved Africa, Asian and Latino American's. Rather than getting angry, Mr. O'Reilly would do better to ignore these accusations and simply treat others in the most fair manner he can. When one does this, it's amazing how these accusations seem to fade away.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bill-oreilly-fox-news-racism-charleston-122416331650.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 17:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 19:282 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The racist commentary beneath the video to which this post gives a link could be considered hilarious when you think about it: my favourite was "We in England can't do anything in any case. We're a conquered, mentally-broken people, and our nation is a Police State." However it also helps to explain the mindset behind racist attacks such as the recent mass killing in South Carolina. "Blacks are subhuman. No white women act like this. EVERY black in North America needs to be shot or deported." The video has no context and it is not clear what is behind this episode - to any intelligent observer with a fragment of education it means nothing as it stands (Truth hurts? Which truth? Where was it?) but AS PRESENTED helps to feed paranoid thinking and hatred based on skin colour in a way that fishface here explicitly and repeatedly advocates without, it seems, any sanction from the site administrators. The bland, repetitive and frequently violent racism in this forum ought to alarm somebody. It clearly is in breach of terms of service for the site. Yes, this is the text of my formal complaint - why does nobody else seem to bother? This is not free speech. This is using our forum to promote and incite hatred and violence.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 19:39
    Originally posted by bill718
    Fox news mouthpiece Bill O'Reilly is usually angry about something, but now he's taken his thunder to a whole new level. The "far left" is says is trying to brand America as a racist nation made up of predominately white people who are trying to "keep black people down" I can sympathize with Mr. O'Reilly to a small degree, since it seems only white males eve ...[text shortened]... away.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bill-oreilly-fox-news-racism-charleston-122416331650.html
    "...Mr. O'Reilly would do better to ignore these accusations and simply treat others in the most fair manner he can. When one does this, it's amazing how these accusations seem to fade away. "

And his income would fade away.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 19:41
    Fox news mouthpiece Bill O'Reilly is usually angry about something, but now he's taken his thunder to a whole new level. The "far left" is says is trying to brand America as a racist nation made up of predominately white people who are trying to "keep black people down" I can sympathize with Mr. O'Reilly to a small degree, since it seems only white males eve ...[text shortened]... away.

O'Reilly prides his show as being the no spin zone, so I would not expect him to pretend not to be angry when he is. And if you would say to him that he is Fox news mouthpiece, I bet he would angrily put you in your place. 😏
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 08:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    O'Reilly prides his show as being the no spin zone, so I would not expect him to pretend not to be angry when he is. And if you would say to him that he is Fox news mouthpiece, I bet he would angrily put you in your place. 😏
    "O'Reilly prides his show as being the no spin zone"
    i was sure this was sarcasm until i saw who wrote it.

nevermind.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 11:03

I'll have you know that Fox news is fair and balanced cause that's what my TV tells me.

My TV never lies. 😠
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 12:00

"I can sympathize with Mr. O'Reilly to a small degree, since it seems only white males ever get accused of racism"

I really doubt anyone thinks there are not masses of white women who are as racist as many white men. However, I cannot recall a white woman in the U.S. murdering large numbers of black people. Of course, who knows how many white women cloaked themselves in a white sheet to help lynch and burn black men.You only have to observe the disrespectful way in which elected Republicans have treated President Obama to know racism is alive and well in the U.S. and even politically correct behavior in some circles.

Native Americans and African Americans have had a difficult time living in the U.S. They are the only two cultural groups who did not willingly enter into this culture. Native Americans were subdued and their culture destroyed. Africans were brought to the U.S. as slaves and their culture was destroyed. I believe many underestimate the impact on future generations of the destruction of culture. Waves of immigrants who have, by choice, entered the U.S. are initially castigated and often considered evil, including O'Reilly's Irish ancestors, but they have their culture, they persevere they flourish and they move on to attack the next wave of immigrants and, of course, African Americans and the poor for all that is wrong in the world.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jun '15 12:54
    Racism (though few will admit this) is not confined to white males only. As a white male I have heard many racial slurs by many from our beloved Africa, Asian and Latino American's.
    Have you ever met anyone who does not admit that racism is not confined to white males only? Seriously?

The thing is, racial slurs is not what people really worry about when they talk about racism. The biggest issues with regards to racism have to do with judgements based on race that result in unfair treatment. The worst unfair treatment tends to come from people with the power to make unfair judgements that matter. The people in power are predominantly white males in the US, and in a surprising number of other countries too.

Sexism is the same. There are probably just as many sexist women as there are sexist men. They are just not in a position to make their sexism a problem.

Having said all that, I am a white male who grew up in a predominantly black country with predominantly black males in positions of power, and on balance I experienced more positive discrimination towards me than negative.

So, as a white male in the US, can you tell us whether you have ever failed to get a job because of the colour of your skin? Have you ever been unfairly treated by the police for being white male? What, other than overheard racial slurs, can you tell us about your negative experience of racism by non white males?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 01:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you ever met anyone who does not admit that racism is not confined to white males only? Seriously?

The thing is, racial slurs is not what people really worry about when they talk about racism. The biggest issues with regards to racism have to do with judgements based on race that result in unfair treatment. The worst unfair treatment tends to come ...[text shortened]... heard racial slurs, can you tell us about your negative experience of racism by non white males?
    Speaking of sexism...
    O'Reilly Longs To Hit Sarah Silverman With A Pie

YouTube
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 01:07

Sure. You may have never committed a racist act, or thought a racist idea, but you're guilty because you are white. Just shut up, and it will go away.

Do your really believe this?
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 01:12
    Originally posted by Phranny
    "I can sympathize with Mr. O'Reilly to a small degree, since it seems only white males ever get accused of racism"

I really doubt anyone thinks there are not masses of white women who are as racist as many white men. However, I cannot recall a white woman in the U.S. murdering large numbers of black people. Of course, who knows how many white women cloa ...[text shortened]... of immigrants and, of course, African Americans and the poor for all that is wrong in the world.
    You only have to observe the disrespectful way in which elected Republicans have treated President Obama to know racism is alive and well in the U.S. and even politically correct behavior in some circles.

With that logic, one could prove racism against white males due to the disrespectful treatment of G. W. Bush. You may argue that he deserved the disrespect, but has it occurred to you that B. H. Obama has earned much of the disregard that comes his way.

In our system of government where about half of voters are not happy with the outcome, Presidents will always, and have always come under fire.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 01:16
    Originally posted by JS357
    "...Mr. O'Reilly would do better to ignore these accusations and simply treat others in the most fair manner he can. When one does this, it's amazing how these accusations seem to fade away. "

And his income would fade away.
    Isn't that the truth. His job is to say outrageous and inflammatory things, and of course the same is true of Rachel Madow, and others on MSNBC. Its red meat for supporters, and in your face to detractors.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 20:09
    Originally posted by Phranny

I really doubt anyone thinks there are not masses of white women who are as racist as many white men. However, I cannot recall a white woman in the U.S. murdering large numbers of black people. Of course, who knows how many white women cloa ...[text shortened]... of immigrants and, of course, African Americans and the poor for all that is wrong in the world.
    If the USA is such a terribly racist place, then why do these hispanics keep leaving their own county to illegally enter the US through our southern borders?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 20:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If the USA is such a terribly racist place, then why do these hispanics keep leaving their own county to illegally enter the US through our southern borders?
    Latin America is even worse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree