1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Lot's of public schools geared toward gifted kids? I've looked in my area because my son is already bored to tears in second grade. We aren't rich so private schools are out.
    In Los Angeles yes. Idk about rural areas.

The schools I am referring to are secondary schools so not for second graders.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 22:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    In the US our approach is that everyone is capable of going to college and that we are going to offer vocational training to those who want it.

We waste money every year giving extra help for kids who have absolutely no chance of learning enough to go to college so that they can pass classes in high school. Sure, the kids pass, but they don't learn.

...[text shortened]... chools and into vocational technology schools. This is how it appears from the US perspective.
    I strongly disagree with that idea that any child (except those with serious neurological damage) can't learn enough in secondary school in order to go to college. I strongly, strongly disagree with separating students into rigid classes and giving them vastly different curriculum based on standardized test scores.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree