Bolton Revelation

Bolton Revelation

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder said
The GAO has already established that Trump broke the 1974 Impoundment Act by withholding the aid. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478557-gao-finds-trump-administration-broke-law-by-withholding-aid-from
Agreed, I decided to ignore that to keep my post simple. He could legally threaten future military aid.

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder said
Michael Atkinson gave a briefing to the Intelligence Committee, not to the impeachment inquiry. That briefing is classified, as are virtually all briefings given to the House Intelligence Committee.
the intelligence committee is conducting the inquiry...duh!

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder said
That's about as much "proof" as any accused person saying "I didn't do" after talking with his lawyers.

The "quid pro quo" has been established by several witnesses including Sondland and Bolton's revelation is additional proof.
Sondland testified Trump told him “I want nothing, no quid quo pro”. after threats to Sondlands businesses he started PRESUMING

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder said
The GAO has already established that Trump broke the 1974 Impoundment Act by withholding the aid. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478557-gao-finds-trump-administration-broke-law-by-withholding-aid-from
The GAO has had many rulings overturned due to being WRONG!

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
28 Jan 20
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
convenient timing ehh? Just another desperate attempt.
Hey Skippy-

Trump's own former National Security Advisor just called Trump a liar, when Trump is on trial, and facing removal from office. It was the worst possible time for this news to come out. John Bolton has a lot of powerful friends in the GOP going back decades. Clearly someone in the GOP doesn't like Trump very much. If you knew how dumb you sound right now, you'd stop posting altogether.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mchill

That's amazing! - because Trump just called Bolton a liar. And Trump has some powerful GOP friends, too.

Goll-ee!

Moves
28 Jan 20
3 edits

@mchill

It was the worst possible time for this news to come out.“

and you are too dumb to see what is happening...kavanaugh part 2

many gop and dem alike dislike Trump...better known as the establishment

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@mchill

That's amazing! - because Trump just called Bolton a liar. And Trump has some powerful GOP friends, too.

Goll-ee!
And Trump has some powerful GOP friends, too.
Are you sure about that?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mott-the-hoople said
the intelligence committee is conducting the inquiry...duh!
No, it isn't. The depositions were taken in front of members of several different committees as spelled out in the rules creating the impeachment inquiry.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@mchill

Goll-ee!
Fine. Put them both under oath, examine any relevant documents that might corroborate either's story as well as any witnesses with such information

You know, have what the Constitution mandates, a trial.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Since any corrupt behaviour on Hunter Biden's behalf would have happened in the Ukraine it's not obvious to me that that is correct. It's not clear it's a matter for the justice department. It's normal for the aggrieved party to make a complaint which in this case would be the Ukrainian State as the specific corrupt behaviour concerned money laundering on behalf of the ...[text shortened]... her there was any truth in the allegations of corruption he could rely on some of that mud sticking.
The justice dept. indicted Russian operatives on charges of manipulating the 2016 election, from Russia. Why shouldn’t they be able to investigate corruption charges against an American operating in Ukraine?

Announcing an investigation is pretty stupid, if you want to catch a thief. Announcing an investigation just gives the suspects chance to destroy evidence. That is exactly what debunks Trump’s claim that he was interested in combating corruption.

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder...What, the right wing hawk telling the truth? Yes, I believe he is....He is no friend of Hillary Clinton or Democrats in general, but may be a man of honor who speaks the truth.....Ya'
think?...Bolton is an old Washington insider and he has no axe to grind...........In fact, Bolton has far, more to lose than to gain, politically.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Jan 20
1 edit

@Mott-The-Hoople
Don't worry, the rePUTINicans will say he is totally innocent and he can go back to being King Trump.

HERE YE HERE YE, BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING. YOU MAY KISS MY RING NOW.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
28 Jan 20

@deepthought said
And Trump has some powerful GOP friends, too.
Are you sure about that?
Ya got 52 of them in the Senate that ain't budging. Yes, I am.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
28 Jan 20
2 edits

@earl-of-trumps said
Ya got 52 of them in the Senate that ain't budging. Yes, I am.
Ya got 52 of them in the Senate that ain't budging.
Moscow Mitch just told Republicans that he does NOT have the 52 votes to block witnesses. LOL! Show time son. 🙂