Bolton Revelation

Bolton Revelation

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Jan 20

@Mott-The-Hoople
Ah so you think # 18 is the one the Dems killed because he completely exonerated Trump. The BASTARDS.

m

Moves
27 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I have no problem whatsoever with Trump applying pressure to get an investigation with a criminal.

And if Bien is cleared, then "no harm, no foul". What y'all afraid of?
Wasn't Biden already cleared ??
There was an investigation and there was a conclusion.
Nothing to be found here, I believe I read.
Worst that came out of this was that Hunter Biden showed bad judgement.
And he admitted to that.
Nothing criminal.
All we have now is FOX Propaganda trying to roll the boulder back up the hill.

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mghrn55

“Wasn't Biden already cleared ?? ”
No

Moves
28 Jan 20

@sonhouse said
@Mott-The-Hoople
Ah so you think # 18 is the one the Dems killed because he completely exonerated Trump. The BASTARDS.
only hiding one? #IDIOT!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
where is witness #18

and we dont know that ALL has been made public. Have you seen the depositions? especially #18
Here are the depositions of the 17 witnesses interviewed by the impeachment inquiry committee: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/05/trump-impeachment-witness-testimony-transcripts/4163983002/

Lake Como

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mchill said
Game changer?

Short Answer: No.

McConnell and the rest of the GOP have already decided, no matter what Trump did, they'll do everything in their power to shut this down and dispose of it as fast as possible. Hand wringing little imp's such as Susan Collins will voice "concern" about a great many things, but in the end she'll march in lockstep with the rest of the GOP, ...[text shortened]... Romney may be a holdout, but don't bet your last dollar on it. This "trial" has been predetermined.
Like libs did ‘everything in their power’ to impeach. There is nothing in your post.

You did mention Romney. Thinks he will be the next Gerald Ford! Ha. What a loser.

Lake Como

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mghrn55 said
Wasn't Biden already cleared ??
There was an investigation and there was a conclusion.
Nothing to be found here, I believe I read.
Worst that came out of this was that Hunter Biden showed bad judgement.
And he admitted to that.
Nothing criminal.
All we have now is FOX Propaganda trying to roll the boulder back up the hill.
Bidens are really bad, mgm. Find a synopsis on the book profiles in corruption, just out. Creepy Joe

Read a book!

Moves
28 Jan 20

@averagejoe1 said
Bidens are really bad, mgm. Find a synopsis on the book profiles in corruption, just out. Creepy Joe
More right-wing fiction.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 Jan 20

@averagejoe1 said
You and Trump may be right, that the Bidens are bad. However, you and Trump are still missing something elementary in this whole affair. There are proper procedures for investigating bad people, and Trump violated them. The proper procedure is to inform the justice department of one's suspicions and let the justice department carry out the investigation.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 Jan 20

@moonbus said
You and Trump may be right, that the Bidens are bad. However, you and Trump are still missing something elementary in this whole affair. There are proper procedures for investigating bad people, and Trump violated them. The proper procedure is to inform the justice department of one's suspicions and let the justice department carry out the investigation.
Since any corrupt behaviour on Hunter Biden's behalf would have happened in the Ukraine it's not obvious to me that that is correct. It's not clear it's a matter for the justice department. It's normal for the aggrieved party to make a complaint which in this case would be the Ukrainian State as the specific corrupt behaviour concerned money laundering on behalf of the owner of Burisima Holdings, Mykola Zlochevsky.

Mr. Trump might reasonably make military aid contingent on anti-corruption measures and even suggest to Zelensky that Biden ought to be investigated, if he had any reasonable grounds of suspicion of wrongdoing by Hunter Biden. What makes this potential line of defence untenable is that Trump wanted an investigation of Biden announced. Indicating to me that his concern was that a third party would throw some mud and irrespective of whether there was any truth in the allegations of corruption he could rely on some of that mud sticking.

Moves
28 Jan 20

@no1marauder said
Here are the depositions of the 17 witnesses interviewed by the impeachment inquiry committee: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/05/trump-impeachment-witness-testimony-transcripts/4163983002/
there were 18 witnesses...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/23/michael-atkinson-testimony-concealed-adam-schiff/

Moves
28 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Since any corrupt behaviour on Hunter Biden's behalf would have happened in the Ukraine it's not obvious to me that that is correct. It's not clear it's a matter for the justice department. It's normal for the aggrieved party to make a complaint which in this case would be the Ukrainian State as the specific corrupt behaviour concerned money laundering on behalf of the ...[text shortened]... her there was any truth in the allegations of corruption he could rely on some of that mud sticking.
you are making accusations with absolutely no proof. However, there is proof as in “ I want nothing, no quid pro quo”.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
there were 18 witnesses...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/23/michael-atkinson-testimony-concealed-adam-schiff/
Michael Atkinson gave a briefing to the Intelligence Committee, not to the impeachment inquiry. That briefing is classified, as are virtually all briefings given to the House Intelligence Committee.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20

@mott-the-hoople said
you are making accusations with absolutely no proof. However, there is proof as in “ I want nothing, no quid pro quo”.
That's about as much "proof" as any accused person saying "I didn't do" after talking with his lawyers.

The "quid pro quo" has been established by several witnesses including Sondland and Bolton's revelation is additional proof.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Jan 20

@deepthought said
Since any corrupt behaviour on Hunter Biden's behalf would have happened in the Ukraine it's not obvious to me that that is correct. It's not clear it's a matter for the justice department. It's normal for the aggrieved party to make a complaint which in this case would be the Ukrainian State as the specific corrupt behaviour concerned money laundering on behalf of the ...[text shortened]... her there was any truth in the allegations of corruption he could rely on some of that mud sticking.
The GAO has already established that Trump broke the 1974 Impoundment Act by withholding the aid. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478557-gao-finds-trump-administration-broke-law-by-withholding-aid-from