Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81758
    29 Sep '18 23:44
    "Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number of delinquency cases for girls increased 92 percent.”

    Yet there’s more to it still. As I wrote in 2014 about domestic abuse, “Other observers point out that some women will take advantage of domestic-violence laws and procedures, knowing that if a man they assault retaliates, calling the police will generally result in the onus being placed on him.”

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    30 Sep '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number ...[text shortened]... m/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence
    You idiot.

    You know, don't you, that The New American website is merely a mouthpiece for the John Birch Society?

    No wonder they claim nonsense like this.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1420
    30 Sep '18 02:541 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number ...[text shortened]... m/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence
    Oh Mott, I had no idea the beating you took at the hands of that high school cheerleader left you so emotionally scarred. Did she say mean things to you too? I'll arrange to get some counselors and teddy bears for you right away!

    There, There Mott- Let it all out! 😢 😢 😢
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    30 Sep '18 03:04
    Originally posted by @suzianne to Mott the Hoopie
    You idiot.

    You know, don't you, that The New American website is merely a mouthpiece for the John Birch Society?

    No wonder they claim nonsense like this.
    Men are afraid that women will laugh at them.
    Women are afraid that men will kill them.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52865
    30 Sep '18 03:123 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You idiot.

    You know, don't you, that The New American website is merely a mouthpiece for the John Birch Society?

    No wonder they claim nonsense like this.
    One week from celebrating their 60th anniversary. Maybe we should send them flowers and a check for a thousand bucks😉
    At least now we know who controls Mott.
    Mott is a bircher. Who knew!
    Hey mott, how much are the dues? We might want to join too. How long have you been in that group?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45683
    30 Sep '18 03:51
    People are beginning to realise that domestic violence isn't always the man beating the woman.

    20+ years ago I dated a police woman who headed the local domestic violence unit.
    She said she was astounded at the number of men being beaten by their wives.
    And not a single man had pressed charges.

    In the news recently a UK man died from domestic abuse.
    He suffered years of it (including his wedding day).

    It isn't something to scoff at.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45683
    30 Sep '18 03:54
    40% of victims of domestic violence are men.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/domestic-violence-male-victims-shelters-government-funding-stigma-a7626741.html
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45683
    30 Sep '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @duchess64

    Women are afraid that men will kill them.
    Women kill men.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45277554

    A solicitor who was abused and murdered by his violent
    wife was let down by authorities, a report has found.

    Doctors failed to raise concerns about injuries to
    David Edwards, according to the domestic homicide review.

    Mr Edwards, 51, was stabbed through the heart by his
    wife Sharon at their home Chorley, Lancashire, just
    weeks after their Las Vegas wedding in 2015.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    30 Sep '18 16:55
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    40% of victims of domestic violence are men.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/domestic-violence-male-victims-shelters-government-funding-stigma-a7626741.html
    40% is a long way from saying that more boys are victims of dating violence than girls.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    30 Sep '18 16:57
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Women kill men.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45277554

    A solicitor who was abused and murdered by his violent
    wife was let down by authorities, a report has found.

    Doctors failed to raise concerns about injuries to
    David Edwards, according to the domestic homicide review.

    Mr Edwards, 51, was stabbed through the heart by ...[text shortened]... aron at their home Chorley, Lancashire, just
    weeks after their Las Vegas wedding in 2015.
    No one is saying that it never happens.
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    30 Sep '18 18:21
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    People are beginning to realise that domestic violence isn't always the man beating the woman.

    20+ years ago I dated a police woman who headed the local domestic violence unit.
    She said she was astounded at the number of men being beaten by their wives.
    And not a single man had pressed charges.

    In the news recently a UK man died from domestic abuse.
    He suffered years of it (including his wedding day).

    It isn't something to scoff at.
    No one has 'scoffed' at domestic violence against men.

    People have rightly ridiculed Mott-the-Hoopie's belief that boys, more often (or to a worse
    extent), than girls are victims of violence (including rape or sexual assault) on dates.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81758
    30 Sep '18 18:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    40% is a long way from saying that more boys are victims of dating violence than girls.
    where is your proof concerning boys vs girls? I find it very telling none of the libs here provided any facts, just attacked the poster.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52865
    30 Sep '18 18:28
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    where is your proof concerning boys vs girls? I find it very telling none of the libs here provided any facts, just attacked the poster.
    That is because you are so easy to attack. How long have you been a member of the John Birch society?
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81758
    30 Sep '18 18:32
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    That is because you are so easy to attack. How long have you been a member of the John Birch society?
    about as long as you have been a POS! 😉
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45683
    30 Sep '18 20:27
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    40% is a long way from saying that more boys are victims of dating violence than girls.
    I'm not supporting the statement that more boys are victims than girls, I'm just adding to the debate and acknowledging that female violence is a problem.

    Besides which I wouldn't say 40% is a long way from 51% ... would you? Really?
Back to Top