Boys, Not Girls, More Often Victims of Dating Violence

Boys, Not Girls, More Often Victims of Dating Violence

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Sep 18

"Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number of delinquency cases for girls increased 92 percent.”

Yet there’s more to it still. As I wrote in 2014 about domestic abuse, “Other observers point out that some women will take advantage of domestic-violence laws and procedures, knowing that if a man they assault retaliates, calling the police will generally result in the onus being placed on him.”

https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
"Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number ...[text shortened]... m/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence
You idiot.

You know, don't you, that The New American website is merely a mouthpiece for the John Birch Society?

No wonder they claim nonsense like this.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
30 Sep 18
1 edit

"Then there’s the reality that this is all part and parcel of a decades-long rise in female violence in general. The increase in the rate of girls’ juvenile delinquency has surpassed that of boys for decades now — including in the area of violent offenses. As research group The Future of Children reported, “Between 1985 and 2002, the overall number ...[text shortened]... m/culture/faith-and-morals/item/30201-study-boys-not-girls-more-often-victims-of-dating-violence
Oh Mott, I had no idea the beating you took at the hands of that high school cheerleader left you so emotionally scarred. Did she say mean things to you too? I'll arrange to get some counselors and teddy bears for you right away!

There, There Mott- Let it all out! 😢 😢 😢

D

Moves
30 Sep 18

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Sep 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @suzianne
You idiot.

You know, don't you, that The New American website is merely a mouthpiece for the John Birch Society?

No wonder they claim nonsense like this.
One week from celebrating their 60th anniversary. Maybe we should send them flowers and a check for a thousand bucks😉
At least now we know who controls Mott.
Mott is a bircher. Who knew!
Hey mott, how much are the dues? We might want to join too. How long have you been in that group?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 18

People are beginning to realise that domestic violence isn't always the man beating the woman.

20+ years ago I dated a police woman who headed the local domestic violence unit.
She said she was astounded at the number of men being beaten by their wives.
And not a single man had pressed charges.

In the news recently a UK man died from domestic abuse.
He suffered years of it (including his wedding day).

It isn't something to scoff at.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 18

40% of victims of domestic violence are men.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/domestic-violence-male-victims-shelters-government-funding-stigma-a7626741.html

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Women kill men.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45277554

A solicitor who was abused and murdered by his violent
wife was let down by authorities, a report has found.

Doctors failed to raise concerns about injuries to
David Edwards, according to the domestic homicide review.

Mr Edwards, 51, was stabbed through the heart by his
wife Sharon at their home Chorley, Lancashire, just
weeks after their Las Vegas wedding in 2015.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
40% of victims of domestic violence are men.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/domestic-violence-male-victims-shelters-government-funding-stigma-a7626741.html
40% is a long way from saying that more boys are victims of dating violence than girls.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Women kill men.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-45277554

A solicitor who was abused and murdered by his violent
wife was let down by authorities, a report has found.

Doctors failed to raise concerns about injuries to
David Edwards, according to the domestic homicide review.

Mr Edwards, 51, was stabbed through the heart by ...[text shortened]... aron at their home Chorley, Lancashire, just
weeks after their Las Vegas wedding in 2015.
No one is saying that it never happens.

D

Moves
30 Sep 18

Moves
30 Sep 18

40% is a long way from saying that more boys are victims of dating violence than girls.
where is your proof concerning boys vs girls? I find it very telling none of the libs here provided any facts, just attacked the poster.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Sep 18

where is your proof concerning boys vs girls? I find it very telling none of the libs here provided any facts, just attacked the poster.
That is because you are so easy to attack. How long have you been a member of the John Birch society?

Moves
30 Sep 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
That is because you are so easy to attack. How long have you been a member of the John Birch society?
about as long as you have been a POS! 😉

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 18

I'm not supporting the statement that more boys are victims than girls, I'm just adding to the debate and acknowledging that female violence is a problem.

Besides which I wouldn't say 40% is a long way from 51% ... would you? Really?