1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 06:563 edits
    Maybe we should outlaw knives now? Or better yet, what if New Yorkers were allowed to carry firearms this would not have happened ?

A knife-wielding madman went on a wild killing spree that spilled blood across Brooklyn after he flew into a rage because his stepfather refused to let him drive the family Lexus, authorities said.

Maksim Gelman, a 23-year-old druggie and "street punk," allegedly stabbed his 54-year-old stepdad to death in the early-morning hours yesterday in their Sheepshead Bay apartment and sped off in the luxury car.

He resurfaced 12 hours later to kill his ex-girlfriend and her mom, before stabbing another man in a carjacking and running over a pedestrian as he made his getaway, sources said.

[i]Gelman remained at large as the NYPD waged a massive manhunt.

He stunningly resurfaced in the early morning hours today and committed two more attacks, sources and witnesses said. Shortly before 12:55 a.m. he tried to carjack a livery cab, stabbed the driver but failing to get the car. Moments later he carjacked a Nissan Maxima, stabbing the driver and getting away with the car.
    The rampage began at around 5 a.m. at his family's Waterville Village Condo on East 27th Street and Emmons Avenue. He woke up his mother, Svetlana, to demand the keys to the family's 2004 Lexus, police sources said.
    His 6-foot-3, 280-pound stepfather, Alexsandr Kuznetsov, 54, refused to hand them over and the two screamed at each other. Gelman's mother told cops he appeared high.

*After shouting for two minutes, Gelman allegedly pulled a kitchen knife and stabbed his stepdad, a private-ambulette driver, the sources said. He then took off in his mother's Lexus.

*Later in the day, Gelman turned up at the home of his ex-girlfriend, Yelena Bulchenko, 20, just three blocks away on East 24th Street and Avenue Y. He allegedly stormed inside and hacked her mother, Anna, 56, to death, sources said.

*Yelena arrived home to find the bloodbath at around 4:20 p.m. She called 911 and ran outside to wait for police.
    Expecting help to arrive, she was instead ambushed by Gelman, who allegedly burst from an alley and gutted her with a knife.

With the body count rising, Gelman jumped back into his mom's Lexus and tried to make his getaway down East 24th Street. But as he approached Avenue U, his path was blocked by a double-parked Pontiac Bonneville driven by Arthur DiCrescento, 60.

*Gelman ditched his Lexus and carjacked DiCrescento, stabbing him three times in the chest and throwing him to the pavement, sources said.

"He had to cut Arty first. Because Arty is 300 pounds, he couldn't have just dragged him out of the car," said Barbara Parry, a neighbor of the victim, who suffered non-life-threatening wounds.[/i]

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/brooklyn_son_goes_on_killer_rampage_Y6MLOc4zE0uI3rgagp1RJM#ixzz1DuhbQpUS
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 07:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]Maybe we should outlaw knives now? Or better yet, what if New Yorkers were allowed to carry firearms this would not have happened ?

[quote][i]A knife-wielding madman went on a wild killing spree that spilled blood across Brooklyn after he flew into a rage because his stepfather refused to let him drive the family Lexus, authorities said.
    ...[text shortened]... ocal/brooklyn/brooklyn_son_goes_on_killer_rampage_Y6MLOc4zE0uI3rgagp1RJM#ixzz1DuhbQpUS[/b]
    Outlaw knives? Why all they need to do is outlaw drugs and murder.....er....um....yea. 😕
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 08:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Outlaw knives? Why all they need to do is outlaw drugs and murder.....er....um....yea. 😕
    it is pretty funny huh?
    he dident have a semi with a over sized clip.

no political agenda. he just snapped!

truly, I want to here these anti constitution Progressives explain how this could of been carried out if citizens in NYC were allowed to carry.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:16
    no political agenda. he just snapped!
    So what's there to debate? Outlaw mental illness?
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:191 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So what's there to debate? Outlaw mental illness?
    no. should we outlaw knives or legalize open carry gun permits in NY.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:23
    Only the pro-gun lobby can cheer when something like this happens. Sad.

And how many more people would he have killed if he had a gun? We will never know.
  7. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:24
    Which of these attacks would have been prevented by a gun ? In almost every case the victims were taken by surprise, even if they had a gun it's highly doubtful they could have used them. If you want to post examples of crimes that could have been prevented by a gun then there are probably quite a few better stories out there.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    utherpendragon recently suggested that being pro-gun lobby is an 'alpha male' thing.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:26
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:31
    Originally posted by Palynka

And how many more people would he have killed if he had a gun? We will never know.
    nobody is cheering! I am mad as hell. personally I would of stopped him w/out a gun! the average citizen would not. If the majority were packing openly these idiots would not even attempt it! if they did it would be sure death or being paralyzed.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    utherpendragon recently suggested that being pro-gun lobby is an 'alpha male' thing.
    Someone should tell him that what got men laid in the jungle doesn't work so well in modern days.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:34
    nobody is cheering! I am mad as hell. personally I would of stopped him w/out a gun! the average citizen would not. If the majority were packing openly these idiots would not even attempt it! if they did it would be sure death or being paralyzed.
    Are you kidding me? It's clear he killed those people through surprise. His step-dad , his ex-girlfriend and her mother were all people he knew and he took advantage of that. Then the carjacking was also in another situation, it's not like anyone around knew he had just killed 3 people.
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:36
    Originally posted by Barts
    Which of these attacks would have been prevented by a gun ? In almost every case the victims were taken by surprise, even if they had a gun it's highly doubtful they could have used them. If you want to post examples of crimes that could have been prevented by a gun then there are probably quite a few better stories out there.
    ok. you walk in the home and see you mother recently butchered. hmmm... do I pull out my gun that is holstered to my side? Or, do I wait to become another victim outdoors waiting on the authorities?
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:39
    ok. you walk in the home and see you mother recently butchered. hmmm... do I pull out my gun that is holstered to my side? Or, do I wait to become another victim outdoors waiting on the authorities?
    The article says she was ambushed. If you're ambushed and the other person has a gun there's not much you can do.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 09:39
    hmmm... do I pull out my gun that is holstered to my side?
    But you've only just said "...personally I would of stopped him w/out a gun!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree