1. Joined
    27 Jul '09
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 20:09
    put into perspective of Georgian state TV's seemingly bizarre "joke" of broadcasting a fake new item that Russia was attacking the country in the last week, is the transferring of "bunker buster" armaments to the UK controlled Diego Garcia just a point of brinkmanship or are they intent on finally going into Iran?
  2. Standard memberjoneschr
    Some guy
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 20:341 edit
    I know you're not a big believer in official explanations.

But really, given the spat with Israel,don't you think this has as much to do with "punishing" Israel as it does with threatening Iran?
  3. Joined
    27 Jul '09
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by joneschr
    I know you're not a big believer in official explanations.

But really, given the spat with Israel,don't you think this has as much to do with "punishing" Israel as it does with threatening Iran?
    i would edit)not use the descriptive "punishing" as it implies too much of a victim like posture onto Israel.

But there is certainly a case to be argued for your point.

I simply found it ominous in it's potential import when juxtaposed with this truly bizarre incident from Georgian state television.

Israel is also very interested in the region containing Georgia too.

Possibly this is some way a tip of the hat towards the Heartland Theooy of Mackinder that Brezinski and Kissinger, to name a just a couple, place subscription to.

I think the word "geopolitic" was coined from that theory.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 21:02
    Originally posted by living in a cave
    put into perspective of Georgian state TV's seemingly bizarre "joke" of broadcasting a fake new item that Russia was attacking the country in the last week, is the transferring of "bunker buster" armaments to the UK controlled Diego Garcia just a point of brinkmanship or are they intent on finally going into Iran?
    do you have a link?
  5. Joined
    27 Jul '09
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 21:07
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    do you have a link?
    1. Georgian TV fake invasion report "part of information war against ...

"Saturday's fake report by a Georgian TV channel on an alleged Russian invasion and on killing the South Caucasus state's president was part ..."
    en.rian.ru/exsoviet/20100315/158194666.html

2. Georgian TV channel apologizes for fake invasion report | Top ...

"A Georgian television channel has apologized for broadcasting a fake news report about a supposed invasion of Russian troops and murder of ..."
    en.rian.ru/world/20100314/158188027.html

3. BBC News - Bogus TV report of Russian invasion panics Georgia

"Bogus TV report of Russian invasion panics Georgia ... Watch the fake report on Imedi TV. Panic was sparked in Georgia after a TV station ..."
    news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8566571.stm

4. BBC News - Bogus TV report of Russian invasion panics Georgia

"Panic is sparked in Georgia after a bogus TV news report said Russian ... Fake invasion news panics Georgia · Fears over Asian 'slave brides ..."
    news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8566571.stm

5. Radio New Zealand News : Stories : 2010 : 03 : 15 : Georgian TV ...

"A television station in Georgia has apologised for causing panic with a fake news report about a Russian invasion. ..."
    www.radionz.co.nz/news/stories/2010/03/15/1247f823f36f

6. YouTube - Georgian TV aired fake Russian invasion on primetime ...
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 00:28
    Originally posted by living in a cave
    1. Georgian TV fake invasion report "part of information war against ...

"Saturday's fake report by a Georgian TV channel on an alleged Russian invasion and on killing the South Caucasus state's president was part ..."
    en.rian.ru/exsoviet/20100315/158194666.html

2. Georgian TV channel apologizes for fake invasion report | Top ... ...[text shortened]... 7f823f36f

6. YouTube - Georgian TV aired fake Russian invasion on primetime ...
    http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/35620

This is what I wanted to see,, could get ugly in a few?
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 00:55

they look smaller than i thought.

if obama bombs iran now, the democrats will have forgiven him by the next election.
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 01:11
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

if obama bombs iran now, the democrats will have forgiven him by the next election.
    ya, I pictured them much bigger too... "W" had turned down Israels request for them before he left office??
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 01:15
    What about the people that had to leave Diego Garcia and are now living in total misery? Can we get to talk about them in order to trash El Império once again?
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 01:39

Hugh March 17th, 2010 at 4:58 pm

We just had a new moon on the 15th. The next is on April 14th. However if I am reading the charts right, the moon sets in Iran at midnight on March 22 and 1AM on March 23. I think it is unlikely that Obama will attack this month A) before healthcare passes and B) ahead of his much delayed Asian trip. April is another story. BTW the new moon is April 14th, one day before tax day. The moon sets at 0037 on April 21 and 0119 on April 22.

This is based on coordinates for Tehran: E051 30, N35 40 and 3.5 h east of Greenwich.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

11. silicon valley
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot

(del)
    nm, i was mixing them up with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_of_All_Bombs

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree