1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 11:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't but robbie thinks it is a sufficient excuse to persecute Euro Muslims.
    We've wipes out whole cultures based on the size of their noses or for questioning fairytales.

I'm sure an excuse like European secularism is as good as any.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 14:431 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    French police killing of Algerians in 1961 ,how many of those police do you think are alive today ?
    " Phil3000 seems eager to encourage persecution of Muslims wherever he can "
    You are truly stark raving bonkers, nutty as a fruit cake . You need some time on the leather couch or a straight jacket in a padded room .
    You do realise you are on a chess web site, do you not ? .You know, a past time little hobby that people like to play now and then .
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 How old are you by the way ? I guess about 13yrs
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 15:03
    Originally posted by phil3000
    French police killing of Algerians in 1961 ,how many of those police do you think are alive today ?
    " Phil3000 seems eager to encourage persecution of Muslims wherever he can "
    You are truly stark raving bonkers, nutty as a fruit cake . You need some time on the leather couch or a straight jacket in a padded room .
    You do realise you are on a chess we ...[text shortened]... ople like to play now and then .
    🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 How old are you by the way ? I guess about 13yrs
    Pot, kettle....
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 15:283 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So if you saw women walking around naked at the shopping mall you would have no problem with it?
    Your pretence that there are no societal norms for dress even in a secular society is clearly false. The fact is that all women and men, Muslim or otherwise, are coerced into maintaining certain dress codes. If women are unreasonably coerced in some circumsta ...[text shortened]... rts in public. Even better, banning men from wearing that ridiculous skirt you wear in Scotland.
    Well it depends on how aesthetically pleasing it was and what its purpose was. I studied art and design for four years in my own city of Glasgow. I have drawn and painted many nudes, both male and female in life drawing class. I have no problem with tasteful depictions of the naked human body. But again, context is everything.

I have also not stated that there is no societal norms, you simply made that up and infact if you read my texts more thoroughly you will see thats its self evident that I profess that there is societal norms. Your accusation of pretence is therefore not only unjustified, its demonstrably false and I really wish you would refrain from assuming values that have not been explicitly expressed, its tedious to point out how illogical they are.

What you suspect is neither here nor there and its clear that you have no idea what a full plaid is, nor how its to be worn, being culturally bereft. Go back to trolling school, this attempt was weak, real weak!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 15:36
    If the French government passed a law criminalizing reading the Bible in public places would you applaud it as a fine example of the principle of "European secularism"?
    As a Christian I am under duress to obey the secular authorities. But its a relative subjection only in as far as it does not infringe upon Biblical principles. If the government therefore banned the wearing of neck ties I would comply because it does not infringe upon Biblical principles, I can still be clean, modest and tastefully dressed without a neck tie. In the case of reading the Bible in public I would also probably acquiesce and simply read the Bible in private.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 15:55
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Pot, kettle....
    What do you want ,a cup of tea ?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As a Christian I am under duress to obey the secular authorities. But its a relative subjection only in as far as it does not infringe upon Biblical principles. If the government therefore banned the wearing of neck ties I would comply because it does not infringe upon Biblical principles, I can still be clean, modest and tastefully dressed without ...[text shortened]... eading the Bible in public I would also probably acquiesce and simply read the Bible in private.
    I did not ask if you would obey it; I asked if you would applaud it as you have the burkina ban as a fine example of "European secularism". That you dodged that question really answers it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 17:41
    I did not ask if you would obey it; I asked if you would applaud it as you have the burkina ban as a fine example of "European secularism". That you dodged that question really answers it.
    Please sir lets keep the debate as objective as possible.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 18:13
    Methinks Monsewer Jean Claude Marauder has his powdered wig on backwards today.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 18:24
    The question was surely relevant given your apparent enthusiasm for "European secularism". It seems that enthusiasm is dependent on which group is being punished by application of its principles.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 19:12
    What do you want ,a cup of tea ?
    A pint of your finest English bitter please George! nom nom nom!
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 19:30
    A pint of your finest English bitter please George! nom nom nom!
    Marston's pedigree ... I must admit Innis & Gunn is a fine tipple.
    George ,that's the name of my dog ( English setter) and the name of my passed away pop .
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 20:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Pot, kettle....
    And I thought the great Tommy Cooper was dead .
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 21:182 edits
    Marston's pedigree ... I must admit Innis & Gunn is a fine tipple.
    George ,that's the name of my dog ( English setter) and the name of my passed away pop .
    Marstons English Pale ale, British malted grain and American hops, nom nom nom! That Innis and Gunn is pure vanilla from those American cherrywood casks! Also nom nom nom! My uncle was called George 😀
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '16 22:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree