1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 10:171 edit
    The Donald has tapped into a wave of anger many of our citizens feel about our dysfunctional government, and in doing so, become a hero of many in the GOP. The Donald has also managed to insult and anger a large number of people, including some within his own political party. So, can The Donald ride this wave of anger into the Whitehouse, or will 14 more months of his arrogance, and abrasive remarks erode his popularity?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 10:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    The Donald has tapped into a wave of anger many of our citizens feel about our dysfunctional government, and in doing so, become a hero of many in the GOP. The Donald has also managed to insult and anger a large number of people, including some within his own political party. So, can The Donald ride this wave of anger into the Whitehouse, or will 14 more months of his arrogance, and abrasive remarks erode his popularity?
    Dysfunctional government?

You mean the Taliban GOP.

All we can do is ride the wave of hope and change bill. Eventually, everyone in the GOP will hopefully wind up in club Gitmo. 😛
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 17:53
    Trump still needs to get at least another 25% of the GOP on his side and that may not be an easy thing to do with the anger speech. He is going to have to change tactics at some point, IMO.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 22:00
    what i don't understand is why republicans are not falling over themselves to vote for him because he appears to me to be the very embodiment of republican values as I understand them. He values the Bible, He is business minded and rich, wants to kick out illegal immigrants, why are they not embracing him like the Dems embraced Obama?
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 01:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what i don't understand is why republicans are not falling over themselves to vote for him because he appears to me to be the very embodiment of republican values as I understand them. He values the Bible, He is business minded and rich, wants to kick out illegal immigrants, why are they not embracing him like the Dems embraced Obama?
    It seems that so far, they are. Note that the top candidates are all non politicians.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 01:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Trump still needs to get at least another 25% of the GOP on his side and that may not be an easy thing to do with the anger speech. He is going to have to change tactics at some point, IMO.
    As the below 5% candidates drop out, somebody picks up those voters in the polls.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 04:181 edit
    Bobby Jindel gets the award for the one line zingers.

When asked about Trump reading the Bible, Bobby said he knew for a fact Trump never reads the Bible. When asked why he was certain of this, he smiled and said, "Because Trump is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible". 😵
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 06:55
    He has been in the Democrat camp in the past and a big supporter of Bill Clinton and some think he may be a plant by the Clintons to disrupt the GOP.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 11:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He has been in the Democrat camp in the past and a big supporter of Bill Clinton and some think he may be a plant by the Clintons to disrupt the GOP.
    So they are distrustful of him, ok that makes sense, although he has stated that he would run as an independent if not given the nomination, (is that the correct term?)
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 22:21
    So they are distrustful of him, ok that makes sense, although he has stated that he would run as an independent if not given the nomination, (is that the correct term?)
    I believe the threat of running as an independent is past now. That was his leverage in order to get the GOP to treat him fairly in the early going, since he is an outsider.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 12:29
    Donald Trump Sounds Like An American President!

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 12:461 edit
    Omarosa: Trump 'too real' for GOP

YouTube

Omarosa Defends Donald Trump Megyn Kelly Engaged in 'Lowest Form of Journalism'

YouTube
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 12:561 edit
    Ann Coulter Defends Donald Trump from Rand Paul's Attacks

YouTube

Ann Coulter: Don't want Americans to be out-voted by foreigners

YouTube
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 14:53
    The problem with Trump losing as he rides the wave of anger is, the anger keeps building.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '15 21:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bobby Jindel gets the award for the one line zingers.

When asked about Trump reading the Bible, Bobby said he knew for a fact Trump never reads the Bible. When asked why he was certain of this, he smiled and said, "Because Trump is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible". 😵
    That's good, but he needs many more of those to get his poll numbers up enough to challenge the Trump tower.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree