1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 21:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Surely such labelling is nothing but scare tactics? It would give the false impression that there is something special about GMO products and something to fear when consuming them.
    So the question is why would someone want to carry out these scare tactics?
    Is he sadly misinformed?
    Is he trying to hurt particular companies like Monsanto?
    Is he trying to benefit a particular industry like organic farmers?
    What is his true motivation?
    I'd buy GM food - I don't see it as poisoned - but I do want it labelled, people pay a premium for organic food, if you want a market where you choose what you eat you need good labelling.

With skin care products listing the ingredients helps expensive products and with the cheaper ones, its the prices that's winning - not knowing whats in them is much worse, and soon enough they will add anything.

I remember going to the US and visiting Costco and they had a blue and white cake without a single natural ingredient, seemed like a dare to eat a slice, having seen that I think they should welcome labelling legislation, the more the better, let the consumers choose - with GM food price should be in the companies favour so they should list what's in it.

Just me but I would boycott a store period if it didn't say what was in its food. GM and e numbers are fine but I want to see what's there. The US is too lax on this they should look at what the UK does, we have better rules that include listing GM - the people who boycott GM are a minority who already go to other shops so nothing to fear from them.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:01
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I'd buy GM food - I don't see it as poisoned - but I do want it labelled, people pay a premium for organic food, if you want a market where you choose what you eat you need good labelling.

With skin care products listing the ingredients helps expensive products and with the cheaper ones, its the prices that's winning - not knowing whats in them is much w ...[text shortened]... people who boycott GM are a minority who already go to other shops so nothing to fear from them.
    Label that which is NOT GMO and present it as a luxury product, like they do with organics and kosher food.
  3. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:10
    SWEEP THE LEG....YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Label that which is NOT GMO and present it as a luxury product, like they do with organics and kosher food.
    In the UK we have poundlands very popular but even there with cheap stuff you get 'additive free' 'paraben free' ' no preservatives' everyone should choose what's in there food. I should read up on the legislation before ranting to much but labelling GM as such is the right thing to do. I'm sure people wouldn't boycott GM - like I said that a small market who are already buying elsewhere.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 22:252 edits
    I'm not sure what the law is but in the UK baked products that are freshly made don't always have ingredient's listed - and surprise they put sat fat in them that's very cheap and bad for your heart - and I avoid them as a result.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 07:20
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I'm not sure what the law is but in the UK baked products that are freshly made don't always have ingredient's listed - and surprise they put sat fat in them that's very cheap and bad for your heart - and I avoid them as a result.
    GMO foods will shrivel your pod.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree