Cardinals coach: Fans would not accept gay player

Cardinals coach: Fans would not accept gay player

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by bill718
I think the jury is still out on that point.
There are 300+ million people in America, probably about half of them sports fans.. What is your criteria for whether fans will "accept" a gay player? If 1 person out of 150,000,000 doesn't "accept" a gay player, is that going to be like "see, I told you America was bigoted!!!"?

When the NBA guy came out, the overwhelming balance of public reaction was supportive. The only people I've heard not "accept" him have largely been along the lines of disagreeing with his lifestyle, but have no personal animosity. These same people for the most part also disagree with straight people "shacking up", but straight people don't consider themselves victims because of it.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by moon1969
[quote][b]Cardinals coach: Fans are reason why gay player wouldn’t be accepted in league

An NFL coach blames you, the fan, for a gay player not being accepted in the NFL — not other players.

“I don’t think the locker room would have any problem with it,” Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians told Foxsports.com in this story. “The problem would ...[text shortened]... layer. The good thing is, the fans will be forced to accept it. In sports, and in society, too.[/b]
You seem to like the use of force in matters of personal opinions and preferences.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by normbenign
You seem to like the use of force in matters of personal opinions and preferences.
You're not allowed to disagree with the Moonbat. When you do, he spins the Liberal Attack Wheel: 'racist', 'bigot', 'corporate', 'cruel', 'rich', 'elitist', 'oppressor', and adds a few labels he's written in with a Sharpie: 'idiot', 'the freak' (my personal favorite), and I'm sure there are a few others that I'm just not recalling right now.

Honest disagreement earns you a disparaging label with liberals. Anyone who disagrees with them must be demonized. And while the government is hard at work constructing a surveillance state and shredding the Constitution, and Obama is busy making sure that various and sundry government agencies are silencing, harassing, and/or intimidating his opponents, this jackass is worried about what people are going to think of a gay NFL player.

Mo(r)on - let me explain something to you. The foundations of this country are burning. I can't be bothered with the ultimately inconsequential cultural issues you obsess over (except to note that through a common thread of advocacy, they are tied to the very issues that are tearing this country asunder). I also can't be bothered to spend much time on why someone who has professed to be straight is so obsessed with issues surrounding homosexuality.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
You're not allowed to disagree with the Moonbat. When you do, he spins the Liberal Attack Wheel: 'racist', 'bigot', 'corporate', 'cruel', 'rich', 'elitist', 'oppressor', and adds a few labels he's written in with a Sharpie: 'idiot', 'the freak' (my personal favorite), and I'm sure there are a few others that I'm just not recalling right now.

Hon sed to be straight is so obsessed with issues surrounding homosexuality.
With all due respect Mr. Sasquatch, you do a fair amount "demonizing" others with your name calling, and heated language. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't.....😏

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by bill718
With all due respect Mr. Sasquatch, you do a fair amount "demonizing" others with your name calling, and heated language. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't.....😏
I'm pretty sure that I only sling rocks at MoonUnit, but that really isn't sport. I should stop; he gets himself so spun up that once I step in, he's ready to fling himself right off the rock. I could be wrong, but I don't much care.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by sh76
You're not exactly going out on a limb there. An NBA player already came out. I'd be surprised if we don't see an outed NFL player in the next 12 months.
The real question is why does it matter?

Houston, Texas

Moves
23 Jun 13
3 edits

Originally posted by sh76
You're not exactly going out on a limb there. An NBA player already came out. I'd be surprised if we don't see an outed NFL player in the next 12 months.
Agree. And I think the AZ coach is too simplistic as there will be both players and fans who reject the gay player.

It will be fans like Norm and Sasquatch who think it perfectly fine for a player to mention his wife but then assert it shoving homosexuality in their face when a player mentions his husband or male partner.

Player 1: I love my wife.
Norm: That's nice.

Player 2: I love my husband.
Norm: Who cares? Why does it matter?