1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    21 May '13 19:27
    What a passive-aggressive, ill-tempered, unqualified adolescent. I'm sure he's on Moon1969's Wall of Fame.

Carney invokes birtherism in response to scandal questions

By Rachel Weiner, Updated: May 21, 2013

White House press secretary Jay Carney speaks to reporters about the so-called "sequester" at the White House in Washington February 28, 2013. (Credit: REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

Struggling with a reporter about which Republican concerns are and are not legitimate, White House spokesman Jay Carney said that if reporters are going to ask about every issue, they should include President Obama’s birth certificate.

Carney was defending senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer, who on Sunday described the scandals Obama is dealing with as “partisan fishing expeditions.”

Carney argued that the focus on the Benghazi talking points was “provably and demonstrably political,” and that Republicans had made “outlandish statements” about the IRS targeting conservatives “and tried to politicize this right away.” When CBS News’ Major Garrett asked whether questions about the AP investigation were partisan, Carney acknowledged that Congress might have “legitimate questions” on that or other issues.

So Garrett followed up and asked if questions related to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’s fundraising for the Affordable Care Act were also legitimate. Carney grew irritated and responded by referencing conspiracy theories about the president’s birthplace.

“You know, we could go down the list of questions — we could say, what about the president’s birth certificate? Were that — was that legitimate?” Carney responded.

He went on to answer the question, saying that there was precedent for what Sebelius is doing and that it was within her authority “to encourage support for educational efforts related to health care.”
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 May '13 00:27
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What a passive-aggressive, ill-tempered, unqualified adolescent. I'm sure he's on Moon1969's Wall of Fame.

White House press secretary Jay Carney speaks to reporters about the so-called "sequester" at the White House in Washington February 28, ...[text shortened]... within her authority “to encourage support for educational efforts related to health care.”
    I guess the point is that questioning anything about this President is not permissible.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 May '13 00:373 edits
    Originally posted by sasquatch672

White House press secretary Jay Carney speaks to reporters about the so-called "sequester" at the White House in Washington February 28, ...[text shortened]... within her authority “to encourage support for educational efforts related to health care.”
    He is not on my Wall of Fame, but he makes a very good point and I completely agree. Questioning and drilling the President and his spokesman about wild-ass conspiracy theories is a ridiculous waste of time and an undemocratic belittling of the role of the press in our democracy. Disgusting.

Right-wing hacks and Fox News who have no concern for the truth, or with keeping the public informed of the truth, but instead focus totally and shamefully on promulgating distortion and lies for sheer political gain at the expense of America and our democracy.

Moreover, they are more than willing to destroy American heroes and great public servants, and desecrate American dead, in the process. Again, for pure political gain in there attempts to create falsehoods.

Absolutely unprofessional, shameful, and unAmerican. Not to mention inefficient distractions and waste of valuable resources/time for our executive and legislative branch, for wild-ass conspiracies that only the Fox brainwashed viewer bots believe (because they want to believe and do not let facts get in the way).

One of these days Fox News will go down. They are already extremely discredited. Just a manner of time, as the wind and demographics change, Faux News will be recognized by the vast majority as the true laughingstock and degenerates they are.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:16
    Originally posted by moon1969
    He is not on my Wall of Fame, but he makes a very good point and I completely agree. Questioning and drilling the President and his spokesman about wild-ass conspiracy theories is a ridiculous waste of time and an undemocratic belittling of the role of the press in our democracy. Disgusting.

Right-wing hacks and Fox News who have no concern for the t ...[text shortened]... News will be recognized by the vast majority as the true laughingstock and degenerates they are.
    Fox is the top cable news network with more viewers than all the others combined.

When you figure out what "right wing" is, then you should go back to using the term.

I wonder how you felt about questioning Nixon or Reagan?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:26
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Fox is the top cable news network with more viewers than all the others combined.
    Not for TV news.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I wonder how you felt about questioning Nixon or Reagan?
    I thought Sam Donaldson went overboard sometimes. And I thought the left was unreasonable sometimes with Bush Jr. Yet, there has never been been the inundation of wild-ass conspiracy theories, as is done by the right-wing and Faux News today. Not anywhere close. The survivalist nuts like you Norm now have a wide voice in Faux News.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    22 May '13 01:301 edit
    Not for TV news.
    Come on, you secretly watch Alex Jones don't you. I read ya. 😉
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '13 03:151 edit

Right-wing hacks and Fox News who have no concern for the t ...[text shortened]... News will be recognized by the vast majority as the true laughingstock and degenerates they are.
    Don't you find it curious how all the talking heads that put down Obama and the DNC flourish in ratings even though the DNC seems to dominate politics?

That in itself seems like a conspiracy topic.
  9. Garner, NC
    Moves
    24 May '13 16:20
    Not for TV news.
    I don't recall Fox being caught editing audio tapes (like MSNBC) or omitting important parts of quotes to change the meaning (like NY Times).
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 May '13 16:27

Fox is the most watched news network in the United States. So...no.

How does it make you feel when Democrats come out and express the same concerns as Republicans do about Obama? Does that register with you at all? Or have the Democrats just been brainwashed?
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 May '13 16:28
    Originally posted by techsouth
    I don't recall Fox being caught editing audio tapes (like MSNBC) or omitting important parts of quotes to change the meaning (like NY Times).
    Or injecting themselves into presidential debates to defend an incumbent president (CNN).
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    29 May '13 06:06
    Originally posted by techsouth
    http://foxnewslies.net/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree