1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 17:25
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/04/exceptional-work-by-sharyl-attkisson-did-fbi-violate-woods-procedures/#more-145461
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 17:27
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/04/exceptional-work-by-sharyl-attkisson-did-fbi-violate-woods-procedures/#more-145461
    This is much broader than obtaining a fisa warrant on Page...this warrant covers entire Trump campaign, including Trump himself. The big question...are they still surveilling?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    This is much broader than obtaining a fisa warrant on Page...this warrant covers entire Trump campaign, including Trump himself. The big question...are they still surveilling?
    " the FBI said American citizen Carter Page was a “foreign agent of a hostile foreign government”; the FBI was calling Carter Page a spy."

I wonder if they ever proved Mr. Page was a spy. If so, then why no arrest? If not, then why the continued surveillance of a US citizen?

I guess the FBI is free to label any US citizen a spy and conduct unlimited never ending surveillance.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 20:07
    " the FBI said American citizen Carter Page was a “foreign agent of a hostile foreign government”; the FBI was calling Carter Page a spy."

I wonder if they ever proved Mr. Page was a spy. If so, then why no arrest? If not, then why the continued surveillance of a US citizen?

I guess the FBI is free to label any US citizen a spy and conduct unlimited never ending surveillance.
    Perhaps you'll get your answer when the next round of Mueller indictments comes in.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 21:01
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Perhaps you'll get your answer when the next round of Mueller indictments comes in.
    He does not have a choice at this point. He must take someone down, and it would look reeeeeeally bad if Carter is not one of them.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 22:12
    He does not have a choice at this point. He must take someone down, and it would look reeeeeeally bad if Carter is not one of them.
    I kind of doubt that Mueller is very concerned about what raving lunatics think about his investigation.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 22:30
    Another self appointed expert on the law. 🙄
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 22:32
    No, it doesn't.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 22:42

A foreign agent isn't necessarily, and usually isn't, a spy:

as provided in subsection (d) of this section, the term “agent of a foreign principal” means—
    (1) any person who acts as an agent, representative, employee, or servant, or any person who acts in any other capacity at the order, request, or under the direction or control, of a foreign principal or of a person any of whose activities are directly or indirectly supervised, directed, controlled, financed, or subsidized in whole or in major part by a foreign principal, and who directly or through any other person—
    (i) engages within the United States in political activities for or in the interests of such foreign principal;
    (ii) acts within the United States as a public relations counsel, publicity agent, information-service employee or political consultant for or in the interests of such foreign principal;
    (iii) within the United States solicits, collects, disburses, or dispenses contributions, loans, money, or other things of value for or in the interest of such foreign principal; or
    (iv) within the United States represents the interests of such foreign principal before any agency or official of the Government of the United States; and
    (2) any person who agrees, consents, assumes or purports to act as, or who is or holds himself out to be, whether or not pursuant to contractual relationship, an agent of a foreign principal as defined in clause (1) of this subsection.
    (d) The term “agent of a foreign principal” does not include any news or press service or association organized under the laws of the United States or of any State or other place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, or any newspaper, magazine, periodical, or other publication for which there is on file with the United States Postal Service information in compliance with section 3611 [2] of title 39, published in the United States, solely by virtue of any bona fide news or journalistic activities, including the solicitation or acceptance of advertisements, subscriptions, or other compensation therefor, so long as it is at least 80 per centum beneficially owned by, and its officers and directors, if any, are citizens of the United States, and such news or press service or association, newspaper, magazine, periodical, or other publication, is not owned, directed, supervised, controlled, subsidized, or financed, and none of its policies are determined by any foreign principal defined in subsection (b) of this section, or by any agent of a foreign principal required to register under this subchapter;

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/611

I suggest you check my posts in the other thread and follow the links I provided to the actual laws regarding FISA surveillance. You are being fed misinformation and lapping it up.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    05 Feb '18 23:531 edit
    Good question. I'd bet my arse they are til Mueller gives up. That should come out if the intel committee does their job. Doubt it tho. Just a distraction from the real issues. Lap it up children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree