1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Oct '23 04:443 edits
    Young British Diplomat: "But sir, the empire is in pearl!"

Allan Quartermain: " You're probably too young to realize, there is rarely a time in our history that we're not in some sort of pearl."

This quote by Sean Connery from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen neatly sums up the state of America, and indeed the world. There are wars in eastern Europe and the middle east, a growing national debt, and many other issues to be delt with, but things are not falling apart as many claim. The right wings eagerly anticipated economic recession under Joe Biden has never materialized, Donald Trump, his lawyers, and family members are being held in check by the legal system, wild claims of widespread voter fraud have been proven false many times, the bulk of the MAGA goons who defaced our capital building are now behind bars, and, at long last, we have a House speaker (at least for now) For those here who want to "burn it all down" I'd suggest you rethink your position. It's not necessary.

I for one am cautiously optimistic. 🙂
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Oct '23 05:26
    @mchill said

Allan Quartermain: " You're probably too young to realize, there is rarely a time in our history that we're not in some sort of pearl."

This quote by Sean Connery from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen neatly sums up the state of America, and indeed the world. There are wars in eastern Europe and the middle east ...[text shortened]... 'd suggest you rethink your position. It's not necessary.

Fukk no! Yer all doomed!
    Doomed I tells ya!

The speaker of the house literally believes the election was stolen by the ghost of Hugo Chavez.
    He’s, self-professed, anti-LGBTQ.

Step back for one second to revel in his fear as you try to comprehend what that actually means. I’ll give you a hint: he’s anti a certain group of people because of their lifestyle, their choices or their actual “being” .

Would you want him babysitting your kids?
    I thought not. Let alone be second in line to one of the most the most powerful positions on the planet.

Second or third in line?
    - president
    - vice-president
    - speaker of the house

I reckon that’s second in line. But I hear a lot of people saying 3rd in line.
    Whatever. He’s a fukktard. And you have no right to be optimistic; cautiously or not.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Oct '23 17:15
    @shavixmir said

The speaker of the house literally believes the election was stolen by the ghost of Hugo Chavez.
    Well, Shav, take it easy. Arent you the one, I think it is you, that thinks everyone in the world is entitled to free housing. Yeah, I hate it, but yeah, it is you.
    So shall we compare your idiocy to that of the Speaker?

In a nutshell, which of the two 'beliefs' has more of a thread of discussion elements?
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '23 20:40
    @mchill said

This quote by Sean Connery from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen neatly sums up the state of America, and indeed the world. There are wars in eastern Europe and the middle east ...[text shortened]... 'd suggest you rethink your position. It's not necessary.

"peril"
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 04:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    Well, Shav, take it easy. Arent you the one, I think it is you, that thinks everyone in the world is entitled to free housing. Yeah, I hate it, but yeah, it is you.
    So shall we compare your idiocy to that of the Speaker?

In a nutshell, which of the two 'beliefs' has more of a thread of discussion elements?
    Uh… ghosts don’t exist. End of.

And you want children to live like feral beasts? You don’t want pregnant women housed?
    Is that what you are saying?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 04:40
    @mchill said

The British Empire ceased to exist a few decades after that movie is set.
  7. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 06:06
    @mott-the-hoople said
    "peril"
    Yes indeed, realized that just after the time limit on edits. Must be senility setting in. 😲
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 06:12
    @mchill said
    Yes indeed, realized that just after the time limit on edits. Must be senility setting in. 😲
    Whatever is the world coming to when Mott’s advising on language.

End times I tells ya, end times indeed!
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 06:14
    @shavixmir said
    Whatever is the world coming to when Mott’s advising on language.

End times I tells ya, end times indeed!
    Discussing typos.

shag doody's safe space.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Oct '23 07:37
    @wajoma said
    Discussing typos.

shag doody's safe space.
    Pucker your lips lad and suck my anus.
    I’m sure it tastes better than your usual koala arse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree