1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 16:10
    YouTube

Many points are covered. How mainstream media covers issues, how they are out to make a profit, how they can't rock the boat.

If you would only take one thing from it, let it be this:
    Neutrality is not objectivity.
    Not every side of an issue is the same. Not every side of an issue deserves coverage. Giving them equal coverage is equating the lies with the truth.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '18 16:54
    Here is another thing to consider:

Cenk Uygur is absolutely against corporate media. It is obvious in the issues he raises and he tells them to their faces. Watch however the civility of the discussion. Neither party raises their voices, neither party insults the other. Each hears the other one, each tries to argue their point.

Aside from Shepherd Smith, who at Fox News would be capable of that? Would Charlie Kirk be capable of the same civility? Ben Shapiro? Not going to mention the obvious lunatics because they don't merit a discussion.
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 12:00
    @zahlanzi said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa5_4CK-lz8

Many points are covered. How mainstream media covers issues, how they are out to make a profit, how they can't rock the boat.

If you would only take one thing from it, let it be this:
    Neutrality is not objectivity.
    Not every side of an issue is the same. Not every side of an issue deserves coverage. Giving them equal coverage is equating the lies with the truth.
    This point gets overlooked far too often. In an attempt to appear neutral, good decent ideas have to compete with crap. The audience has to constantly hear the other side polish their turd version on a given issue. (And its not necessarily left good, right turd either)

But is it any wonder that in not filtering out the fecal matter, the bar got so low, enough people embraced Trump as their savior?
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 12:05
    And I really like Mr Uygur. He's really good at finding the cenk in a politician's armor!!! 😆 😀
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 12:35
    @kmax87 said
    And I really like Mr Uygur. He's really good at finding the cenk in a politician's armor!!! 😆 😀
    hah, how long have you waited to use this
  6. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Nov '18 13:22
    @zahlanzi said
    hah, how long have you waited to use this
    Yes It's been running round my head for ages! Lol.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Nov '18 01:50
    @kmax87 said
    Yes It's been running round my head for ages! Lol.
    What about Moxnews? Pretty good pun there too!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree