1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 20:52
    Originally posted by vivify
    Because the left isn't looking to ban gun ownership, but to tighten restrictions.
    Ban all assault weapons, to start.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 21:01
    You mean after everyone trying to keep guns on the street are dead? Yes. That future generation will grow up in a country without mass shootings, or the most gun murders in the developed world, if we ban guns now (and not just ban them in one city).
    Dream on dreamer.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 23:16
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Dream on dreamer.
    Dude, where do you get your comebacks from? "Dream on dreamer"? Did you use that on Facebook and got a "like"?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jun '16 23:191 edit
    Ban all assault weapons, to start.
    So you want this renewed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 00:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In 2010, the SCOTUS invalidated a Chicago citywide ban on handguns in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

In 2012, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals struck down an Illinois law banning carrying loaded weapons in public, http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Court-Invalidates-Illinois-Gun-Laws-183017841.html

In 2014, a federal judge ruled th ...[text shortened]... guns came from parts of Cook County outside the city, where gun dealers and gun shows are legal.
    The point was, whether they have a gun ban or not you get the same results.

Of course, you would argue that this is only because there is not a nation wide ban on guns because they all seem to come from other states.

So why not answer Sleepyguys question, why does the democrat party not run on a platform to ban guns?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 01:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So you want this renewed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban
    No. A permanent ban.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 02:42
    Dude, where do you get your comebacks from? "Dream on dreamer"? Did you use that on Facebook and got a "like"?
    I kinda morphed something I saw on King of Queens. Deacon told Arthur " play on player". Are you mad at me for some reason?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 03:121 edit
    I Are you mad at me for some reason?
    No. I just expect better wit from posters trying that hard to be aholes. Study fishead's or whodey's posts. If you're going to be a d!ck, at least be entertaining.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 03:50
    No. I just expect better wit from posters trying that hard to be aholes. Study fishead's or whodey's posts. If you're going to be a d!ck, at least be entertaining.
    I don't know much about fishead but how in the world can you say whodey is an a hole. His posts are very courteous even when he gets slammed. Dream on dreamer got right to the point all wit aside.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 04:12
    I don't know much about fishead but how in the world can you say whodey is an a hole. His posts are very courteous even when he gets slammed. Dream on dreamer got right to the point all wit aside.
    Whodey is not an ahole, but he's witty. Fishead is a certified, grade-A delux asswipe. But he can garner a chuckle or two.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    The point was, whether they have a gun ban or not you get the same results.

Of course, you would argue that this is only because there is not a nation wide ban on guns because they all seem to come from other states.

So why not answer Sleepyguys question, why does the democrat party not run on a platform to ban guns?
    SG's question was adequately answered by vivify.

Another point that could be raised is why you insistently make false claims. There is no "gun ban" in Chicago nor does the Democratic Party anywhere seek one.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by whodey

Hear it directly from Obama himself: he, nor the Democratic party, want eliminate gun ownership.

YouTube : Obama On Gun Ownership

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree