1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 04:31
    https://www.npr.org/2023/03/22/1165066688/xi-jinping-putin-talks-china-russia-ukraine

Xi told Putin BIG changes are coming and what seems to be in the cards from the Chinese POV, they want the land taken by Russia in 1860 or thereabouts.

That will definitely throw some shyte in the game.

The land taken in the 19th century is rich in natural resources and right now China is paying for those resources like oil and minerals and it sounds like they figure if the take the land back they no longer have to pay anything to Russia for those resources.
    Depending on how soon that happens, it could mean trouble for Putin in his Ukraine war and plans for Moldova and other states which used to be in the Soviet empire.
    If there is a battle for those lands Russia will be in deep doo doo trying to do a war in Ukraine and defending that Mongolian territory.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 12:26
    @sonhouse

It seems very late in the day to be redrawing lines on the map. I’m sure they will reach a joint/venture deal on the resources, without coming to blows.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Mar '23 12:282 edits
    It's not China's style to flex their military might unless they feel their sovereignty is being threatened like with U.S.-Taiwanese relations.

China will use it's massive market and global influence in its talks with Russia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree