1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 06:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hlFHlfH4ch0M4bTr15oijjInyyPgD9C6OO580

China will seek binding pollution targets for developed countries and reject similar requirements for itself at an international climate summit next month, China's top climate envoy said Wednesday.

I understand that China's per capita emissions are still lower t ...[text shortened]... r Copenhagen will be as worthless as Kyoto.

And that, my friends, is saying something.
    The world cannot expect China to be the world's manufacturing base AND cut emissions at the same time.

We are being ridiculous.

We're the ones cutting back factory jobs so WE shoudl be the ones doing the emissions cutting.

We're a bunch of hypocrites.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 06:52
    I thought we were supposed to be discouraging overpopulation in today's environmentally conscious World, not rewarding it!?
    When China had their 1-baby law going, everyone was screaming how bad it was (in fact, I don't know if they actually stopped it or not, to be quite honest). But at least they tried to discourage population growth.

Personally, I'm all for global warming. The fast this ship sinks into a burning ball of fire and we all die screaming like pigs, the happier I'll be.

I also do kid's shows.
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 07:00
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    When China had their 1-baby law going, everyone was screaming how bad it was (in fact, I don't know if they actually stopped it or not, to be quite honest). But at least they tried to discourage population growth.

Personally, I'm all for global warming. The fast this ship sinks into a burning ball of fire and we all die screaming like pigs, the happier I'll be.

I also do kid's shows.
    I totally agree.
    The sooner humans become extinct the better for every other species on the planet and for the planet as a whole.
    Maybe climate change is just Mother Earth's defense mechanism kicking in.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 07:43
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    I totally agree.
    The sooner humans become extinct the better for every other species on the planet and for the planet as a whole.
    Maybe climate change is just Mother Earth's defense mechanism kicking in.
    What do you reckon "the planet" wants?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 07:45
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I would presume a painful end to conservatives, capitalists and vegetarians.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 08:10
    who trusts china to MEASURE their emissions?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 08:19
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    who trusts china to MEASURE their emissions?
    Who trusts the US in anything they say or do?
  8. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 08:44
    I'm not sure but maybe not to be f*@ked up by a miserable little species like us.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 08:46
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    I'm not sure but maybe not to be f*@ked up by a miserable little species like us.
    Maybe the planet really likes nuclear waste. What do you know about the preferences of a lump of rock?
  10. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 10:33
    Maybe the planet really likes nuclear waste. What do you know about the preferences of a lump of rock?
    You are correct, I know nothing about the preferences of a lump of rock.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 10:391 edit
    China will seek binding pollution targets for developed countries and reject similar requirements for itself at an international climate summit next month, China's top climate envoy said Wednesday.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8380106.stm
    China has unveiled its first firm target for limiting greenhouse gas emissions, two weeks before a global summit on climate change in Copenhagen.

Beijing said it would aim to reduce its "carbon intensity" by 40-45% by the year 2020, compared with 2005 levels.

Now what? They choose binding pollution targets, but weigh them by GDP which means China's emissions will still probably grow. At least it's something.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 10:43
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2009.png
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 12:00
    Originally posted by Palynka
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Kyoto_Protocol_participation_map_2009.png
    Interesting. Zimbabwe, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and the US.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 12:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Interesting. Zimbabwe, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and the US.
    Don't forget the major carbon emitter, Vatican City.
  15. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    26 Nov '09 12:18
    Don't forget the major carbon emitter, Vatican City.
    Only during Conclave. All that white smoke...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree