Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:09
    https://www.infowars.com/church-of-satan-disavows-abortion-activists/

Wow, abortion activists are even too evil for satan.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:13
    Naturally, everything Whodey posts is wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/satanic-temple-challenges-missouri-s-abortion-law-religious-grounds-n839891

a group called the Satanic Temple that is going to bat for a woman identified as "Mary Doe." She contends the state’s informed consent law, which required her to wait 72 hours before having an abortion in May 2015, violated her religious beliefs.

Specifically, the woman — identified in the case summary as a "Greene County resident" — says she was forced to view an ultrasound of her fetus and pledge that she read a booklet stating that the “life of every human being begins at conception.”
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:16
    From the article.

“The Church of Satan does not condone political activists appropriating the name of our 50 year old religion in support of their activism, whether we agree with their stated goals or not.”
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    From the article.

“The Church of Satan does not condone political activists appropriating the name of our 50 year old religion in support of their activism, whether we agree with their stated goals or not.”
    So they're not specifically against abortionists like you claim in your OP, they're against anyone using their religion for activist causes.

Like I said, everything you post is wrong.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:59
    Originally posted by @vivify
    So they're not specifically against abortionists like you claim in your OP, they're against anyone using their religion for activist causes.

Like I said, everything you post is wrong.
    Obviously, you have no sense of humor.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 22:06
    Obviously, you have no sense of humor.
    Hahaha, everything you post is wrong.
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 23:18
    I think forcing people to see an ultrasound is a good idea.

"Informed decision" and all.

"Knowledge is power," muchachos.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 23:252 edits
    Originally posted by @philokalia

I'm not sure I agree with that.

For example, I'm fairly certain I disagree with pretty much every "word" that comes out of Nancy Pelosi's mouth but to force me to sit there and actually listen to what she has to say could be considered a form of torture.

YouTube

I loved the bit at the end when a reporter asked Nancy when Jesus was conceived knowing she is an ardent abortionists.

Naturally, she refused to answer.

Hilarious.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 02:061 edit
    From the article.

Is it just me, but isn't it a bit ironic or for the very least a bit absurd, the notion of a Church of Satan. Doesn't an organized Satanic body kind of miss the point of the intersection between rugged individualism and rebelliousness and dare I say it the accompanying "Devil may Care" attitude its adherents should possess? A group that has always fought tradition now wants to articulate a voice that goes against the very "do what thy wilt" nature and ethos it supposedly stands for?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 02:561 edit
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Is it just me, but isn't it a bit ironic or for the very least a bit absurd, the notion of a Church of Satan. Doesn't an organized Satanic body kind of miss the point of the intersection between rugged individualism and rebelliousness and dare I say it the accompanying "Devil may Care" attitude its adherents should possess? A group that has always fought tra ...[text shortened]... a voice that goes against the very "do what thy wilt" nature and ethos it supposedly stands for?
    The "do as though will" nature and ethos is only as good as the one person you piss off and comes looking for you.

But they are probably not bright enough to realize that.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 06:54
    I'm not sure I agree with that.

For example, I'm fairly certain I disagree with pretty much every "word" that comes out of Nancy Pelosi's mouth but to force me to sit there and actually listen to what she has to say could be considered a form of torture.

[youtube]71NT42QtD64[/youtube]

I loved the bit at the end when a reporter asked Nancy when Jesus ...[text shortened]... ceived knowing she is an ardent abortionists.

Naturally, she refused to answer.

Hilarious.
    Jesus was probably concieved in 50AD by a religious fanatic with a piece of parchment and a pencil.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 06:56
    Originally posted by @philokalia

I think forcing men to get beaten and anally raped at 16, will help them to understand how to treat women better.

Or, alternatively... don’t be forcing people at all...
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 07:01
    https://www.infowars.com/church-of-satan-disavows-abortion-activists/

Wow, abortion activists are even too evil for satan.
    How can one person be so wrong so often?

It’s like you’re the manifestation of anti-rational thought.
    Sort of like a million right-wingers in 100.000 trailerparks fell asleep ar the same time, dreamt the same dream... and you popped into existence.
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 08:10
    Haha, but you know how it goes, Shav.

- Touch a hot stove with your finger barely at the age of 3 after mom tells you not to do it, oUCH.
    - I won't touch hot stoves ever again and I will take warnings of something being hot very seriously.

That principle can be applied to all forms of violence and we don't need to actually inflict it on people, right.

But definitely tell them fully about it and perhaps show them some photographs of really destroyed folks to emphasize the reality and harshness of it.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

LEt them know.

You can't vote against informed decisions!
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 10:27
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Is it just me, but isn't it a bit ironic or for the very least a bit absurd, the notion of a Church of Satan. Doesn't an organized Satanic body kind of miss the point of the intersection between rugged individualism and rebelliousness and dare I say it the accompanying "Devil may Care" attitude its adherents should possess?
    No, it's not, and we're back to libertarian hypocrisy. "Rebels" against "The Order" are always, in practice, more authoritarian and more lock-stepped, the more they protest against authority and claim to be unique and individual.