Climate Change denial lies explained

Climate Change denial lies explained

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
08 Oct 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
NO!!!! I lecture this to first years!!!

Weather is the stochastic day-to-day fluctuations in environmental conditions.

Climate is the long term patterns (warmer in summer than winter, for example); an overall description, if you will.
Lucky its only the first years as the others would debate you and prove you wrong .Or do you really mean the kids who are just starting out at school (year 1 ,or maybe pre-schoolers).
As far as i knew the climate was temperature,dryness,wind ,light ,etc and are they not the same elements that make up the weather.
But i guess you are one of the doomsdayers that really believe in this climate change BS.
How can you be sure that the same wasn't happening 500 years ago or even more .
Ask yourself ,when the recordings of the weather first started ,cause you can only really compare the weather to that time period .

E
YNWA

Moves
08 Oct 06

Originally posted by boarman
Lucky its only the first years as the others would debate you and prove you wrong .Or do you really mean the kids who are just starting out at school (year 1 ,or maybe pre-schoolers).
As far as i knew the climate was temperature,dryness,wind ,light ,etc and are they not the same elements that make up the weather.
But i guess you are one of the doomsdayer ...[text shortened]... the weather first started ,cause you can only really compare the weather to that time period .
The difference between climate and weather is in terms of spatial and temporal scales, not the physical parameters they are observed by.

As for what happened 500 years ago, there are plots from Vostok ice cores going back 400 000 years on this thread: Thread 53076.

h

Cosmos

Moves
19 Nov 06

I am just bumping this thread to reveal how stupid and idiotic Schwarze is for repeatedly citing discredited web pages to sppread his lies.

"More right wing nonsense of the type discredited by the sites I mentioned.

Take your first weblink for instance to the NCPA:

The NCPA is in reality

"A right wing think tank with programs devoted to privatization in the following issue areas: taxes, Social Security and Medicare, health care, criminal justice, environment, education, and welfare."
http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=10242

Please stop propogating lies, you nasty Texan, Bush supporting liar."

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by boarman
As far as i knew
Apparently you don't know very much. My definition is correct. How do we know what the temperature was 500 years ago? Easy. You can use, for example, dendrochronology. You can use pollen analysis of peat bog cores. The pollen present is representative of the vegetation present, and that is representative of the prevalent climate. Further back? Ice core analysis is particularly good. You measure the isotopes of oxygen in the water, which has a direct, linear, relationship with temperature.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by howardgee
"A right wing think tank with programs devoted to privatization in the following issue areas: taxes, Social Security and Medicare, health care, criminal justice, environment, education, and welfare."
http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=10242

Please stop propogating lies, you nasty Texan, Bush supporting liar."
I don't think Bush would be too keen on all those policies howard. The list you give has more to do with freedom than wingedness.

h

Cosmos

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by Wajoma
I don't think Bush would be too keen on all those policies howard. The list you give has more to do with freedom than wingedness.
No, it talks about privatising them. Which is exactly what right wingers like Bush desire. Privatisation is a way of allowing the rich to squeeze every penny out of the pockets of the poor....and reduce the quality of the service into the bargain.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by howardgee
No, it talks about privatising them. Which is exactly what right wingers like Bush desire. Privatisation is a way of allowing the rich to squeeze every penny out of the pockets of the poor....and reduce the quality of the service into the bargain.
Then you'll have no problem providing some evidence that Bush would like to see taxation privatised.

lol in advance.

silicon valley

Moves
06 Dec 09

boing!