1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:481 edit
    http://www.newsweek.com/who-jim-bridenstine-climate-change-denier-trump-picked-head-nasa-660926

Climate change denying Republican Congressman Jim Bridenstine of Oklahoma has been tapped by President Donald Trump to head NASA

They say Bridenstine doesn’t have the scientific chops to lead the space agency that put a man on the moon and has never been lead by a member of Congress in its 60-year history.

Inhofe has called climate change a hoax.

“Global temperatures stopped rising 10 years ago,” Bridenstine said in a 2013 speech on the House floor. “Global temperature changes, when they exist, correlate with sun output and ocean cycles.” Climate scientists refute his claims.

“The head of NASA ought to be a space professional, not a politician,” Democratic Senator Bill Nelson told Politico in a statement early this month. Nelson is the top Democrat on the science committee that will hold Bridenstine’s confirmation hearing.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 16:06
    To be clear, the danger isn't just what his beliefs are regarding climate. Trump put as head of the EPA a climate-change denier, which (due to corporate interests), resulted in in the EPA reversing laws banning coal from being dumped in our waters, and the approval of a pesticide found to give children brain cancer.

Since corporate interests are at the heart of why people deny climate change (to avoid taxes, regulation, etc.), there's no telling how this politician will use NASA to advance the wishes of Big Business.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:21
    Originally posted by @vivify
    http://www.newsweek.com/who-jim-bridenstine-climate-change-denier-trump-picked-head-nasa-660926

Climate change denying Republican Congressman Jim Bridenstine of Oklahoma has been tapped by President Donald Trump to head NASA

They say Bridenstine doesn’t have the scientific chops to lead the space agency that put a man on the moon and has never been lea ...[text shortened]... is the top Democrat on the science committee that will hold Bridenstine’s confirmation hearing.
    They say Bridenstine doesn’t have the scientific chops to lead the space agency that put a man on the moon...
    As long as the guy knows something about production values and CGI, he'll do just fine.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:28
    To be clear, the danger isn't just what his beliefs are regarding climate. Trump put as head of the EPA a climate-change denier, which (due to corporate interests), resulted in in the EPA reversing laws banning coal from being dumped in our waters, and the approval of a pesticide found to give children brain cancer.

Since corporate interests are at the ...[text shortened]... c.), there's no telling how this politician will use NASA to advance the wishes of Big Business.
    Since corporate interests are at the heart of why people deny climate change (to avoid taxes, regulation, etc.), there's no telling how this politician will use NASA to advance the wishes of Big Business.
    No.
    The denial is not related to climate changes.
    The denial is related to both the importance and the causes.
    If, as the entirety of ALL opinions agree, climate change has been on a constant ebb and flow for as long as the planet has been existent, the only pertinent issue is whether (ha-ha) man's activity is a source and if that effect will throw off the natural cycles.

Amazingly, what will likely be seen as the most detrimental will not be the abuses of corporate greed and selfishness, but instead the geoengineering which has been going on for quite some time by the government.

But no one wants to talk about that, for some odd reason.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 17:59

They say Bridenstine doesn’t have the scientific chops to lead the space agency that put a man on the moon and has never been lea ...[text shortened]... is the top Democrat on the science committee that will hold Bridenstine’s confirmation hearing.
    Politics and science are like oil and water, they don't mix very well. This is little different than the GOP lawmaker waltzing into the halls of Congress with a snowball and displaying it for all to see as proof there is no climate change. For most of the GOP, education and science are nothing more than Liberal conspiracies. 🙄
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 07:33

OMG.

I guess I can forget about seeing a man on Mars for another 30 years at least.

I suppose it depends on how soon a Democrat president can erase all the damage this jackass is doing to the country.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 07:36
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [b]Since corporate interests are at the heart of why people deny climate change (to avoid taxes, regulation, etc.), there's no telling how this politician will use NASA to advance the wishes of Big Business.
    No.
    The denial is not related to climate changes.
    The denial is related to both the importance and the causes.
    If, as the entirety of ALL opi ...[text shortened]... quite some time by the government.

But no one wants to talk about that, for some odd reason.[/b]
    Because everyone knows vivify is right, you buffoon.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 07:40
    [b]They say Bridenstine doesn’t have the scientific chops to lead the space agency that put a man on the moon...
    As long as the guy knows something about production values and CGI, he'll do just fine.[/b]
    He got appointed to head NASA, not Warner Brothers.

But Trump's MO so far has been exactly that, appoint people to lead the agencies who do not believe in those agencies. I was actually hoping we would see less of this now that the anarchist Steve Bannon is finally out of the White House. But I guess, no, the president is still stupid.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 08:44
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He got appointed to head NASA, not Warner Brothers.

But Trump's MO so far has been exactly that, appoint people to lead the agencies who do not believe in those agencies. I was actually hoping we would see less of this now that the anarchist Steve Bannon is finally out of the White House. But I guess, no, the president is still stupid.
    You say that as though you are unaware that NASA has been doctoring images, faking reality and generally been lying to the public since, well, ever.
    For one who prides themselves on understanding the world around them and the issues of the day, you are woefully and unforgivably ignorant.

You probably smell funny, too.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 19:00

Here is an excerpt from the link you posted:

"Like Trump, Bridensteine is an outspoken critic of climate science. In a 2016 interview he said the climate “has always changed,” citing “there were periods of time long before the internal combustion engine when the Earth was much warmer than it is today.”

Bridensteine's statement is 100% true. Nasa is clearly biased regarding this subject. They need someone with an open mind so his pick is fine with me.

Here is an article about how increased co2 is greening the earth.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/07/10/global-warming-no-satellites-show-carbon-dioxide-is-causing-global-greening/#18014176e444

Now read NASA's article along with the lies told.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth/

First it states this lie:

"While rising carbon dioxide concentrations in the air can be beneficial for plants, it is also the chief culprit of climate change."

There is no evidence that co2 is the main cause of climate change.

Here is a claim that should not have been mentioned at all because the levels of co2 would have to be incredibly high to diminish co2's fertilization effect over time. It is clearly meant to mislead.

"The beneficial impacts of carbon dioxide on plants may also be limited, said co-author Dr. Philippe Ciais, associate director of the Laboratory of Climate and Environmental Sciences, Gif-suv-Yvette, France. “Studies have shown that plants acclimatize, or adjust, to rising carbon dioxide concentration and the fertilization effect diminishes over time.”

NASA is a propaganda tool misleading people into alarmist nonsense.
  11. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 20:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    OMG.

I guess I can forget about seeing a man on Mars for another 30 years at least.

I suppose it depends on how soon a Democrat president can erase all the damage this jackass is doing to the country.
    Wish your buddies Elon and Branson would send you to Mars. Forgot. They are to busy scamming the US govt. taxpayers for cash. Leonardo Depap too. Can I mention G. Clooney ?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 20:331 edit
    You say that as though you are unaware that NASA has been doctoring images, faking reality and generally been lying to the public since, well, ever.
    For one who prides themselves on understanding the world around them and the issues of the day, you are woefully and unforgivably ignorant.

You probably smell funny, too.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

Well, the ignorant part anyways. I hope I never get close enough to smell you.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 20:41
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Wish your buddies Elon and Branson would send you to Mars. Forgot. They are to busy scamming the US govt. taxpayers for cash. Leonardo Depap too. Can I mention G. Clooney ?
    See, this is what I don't get about retards like you.

You stand around saying, "USA! USA! USA!", and " 'Murica!", and yet you guys are all too happy to watch this great country go right down the crapper.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 21:31
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Here is an excerpt from the link you posted:

"Like Trump, Bridensteine is an outspoken critic of climate science. In a 2016 interview he said the climate “has always changed,” citing “there were periods of time long before the internal combustion engine when the Earth was much warmer than it is today.”

Bridensteine's statement is 100% true. Nasa i ...[text shortened]... ct diminishes over time.”

NASA is a propaganda tool misleading people into alarmist nonsense.
    From the same Forbes site you post from about climate change:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rodadams/2017/04/30/climate-change-politics-trump-evidence-based-action-using-co2-free-nuclear-energy/#4cebc3f06c15

"Any future damage will come from burning more fossil fuels".

And here's an article from Forbes calling for a tax on carbon emissions to fight climate change:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thebakersinstitute/2017/09/08/lets-fund-disaster-relief-and-fight-climate-change-with-a-tax-on-carbon/#59815589259f

"Let's Fund Disaster Relief - And Fight Climate Change - With A Tax On Carbon"

It seems like you were cherry-picking to make it seem like Forbes doesn't agree with human-caused climate change, when the opposite is true.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 11:32
    From the same Forbes site you post from about climate change:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rodadams/2017/04/30/climate-change-politics-trump-evidence-based-action-using-co2-free-nuclear-energy/#4cebc3f06c15

"Any future damage will come from burning more fossil fuels".

And here's an article from Forbes calling for a tax on carbon emissions to fight c ...[text shortened]... e it seem like Forbes doesn't agree with human-caused climate change, when the opposite is true.
    Let's decide to limit our interest to the concept of risk. Risk does not require definitive certainty and so can tolerate scepticism. Ignoring risk is just plain stupid. How does Trump approach the risk of climate change where it matters - in his own investment strategies? Well, e.g.

The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-climate-change-golf-course-223436

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree