1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 14:441 edit
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-takes-a-victory-lap-after-amazon-scraps-plans-new-york-headquarters-201203774.html

She has successfully fought off the evil capitalists and sent them packing taking about 25,000 evil corporate jobs with them.

Well done.

Venezuel.......er.........um.......New York has a bright future.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:09
    @whodey said
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocasio-cortez-takes-a-victory-lap-after-amazon-scraps-plans-new-york-headquarters-201203774.html

She has successfully fought off the evil capitalists and sent them packing taking about 25,000 evil corporate jobs with them.

Well done.

The trillion dollar company that paid no taxes thanks to Trump and the Republicans that wanted $3 billion in subsidies from NY taxpayers.

Screw 'em.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:101 edit
    @whodey said

Well done.

That's right, the richest man in the world does not want to pay federal taxes but expects his workers too. Good by loser; your BS of not paying taxes but expecting everyone else to is not going to work any longer in the USA; good riddance!. Pay taxes as everyone else or GTFOOH. We no longer want you worthless rich POS thinking the world is only made for you. Head to Russia or Iran. 🙂 Good job AOC!!!
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:15
    @no1marauder said
    The trillion dollar company that paid no taxes thanks to Trump and the Republicans that wanted $3 billion in subsidies from NY taxpayers.

Screw 'em.
    I wonder how many small businesses could get help get off the ground with 3 billion or help paying their employees a living wage and healthcare

I wonder how many vocational classes could get subsidized with that money so that unemployed/underqualified people could get help finding new jobs.

I wonder how many people like whodey exist who look at a number and can't understand that number never exists in a vacuum but is intertwined with other facts. Kind of like the trumpets who think a low unemployment rate (which started going down during the obama presidency anyway) is automatically a good thing.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:19
    @no1marauder said

Screw 'em.
    It's not "'em" that's being screwed. Amazon will go somewhere else and be just fine.

It's the New York City economy that's being screwed.

AOC seems to be under the impression that the tax money would have come to NY either way but that Amazon would simply have kept more of it.

That's not the way it works. The economy is not a zero-sum game.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:20
    @no1marauder said

Screw 'em.
    If you do the math, the 25,000 jobs, assuming they are around $100,000 a year, would create about $3 billion in wages in just one year among workers.

The odd thing though is, as government expands exponentially, with taxpayers having to pay them, you have no issue with it at all.

No, the issue is government control, isn't that right counselor?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:23
    @sh76 said
    It's not "'em" that's being screwed. Amazon will go somewhere else and be just fine.

AOC seems to be under the impression that the tax money would have come to NY either way but that Amazon would simply have kept more of it.

Sh, have you not accepted the state as your Lord and Savior?

All you have to do is confess and believe.

As for money, who cares? As AOC would say, if money does not really grow on trees, why do banks have so many branches?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:31
    @whodey said
    If you do the math, the 25,000 jobs, assuming they are around $100,000 a year, would create about $3 billion in wages in just one year among workers.

The odd thing though is, as government expands exponentially, with taxpayers having to pay them, you have no issue with it at all.

No, the issue is government control, isn't that right counselor?
    bwhahahahahahaha

just recently i apologized to suzianne for calling you a moron/ashole admitting that most likely in the future you will say something so monumentally stupid that i couldn't abstain from doing the same.

i had no idea how soon that will happen.

25000 amazon workers making 100k a year.
    you are absolutely hilarious. Thank you for this. Best joke i heard this week.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:31
    @sh76 said

Be serious; 25,000 jobs isn't jack in NYC. And there are plenty of other ways to create jobs without dropping to your knees for the supersized corporations that don't want to pay their fair share.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:37
    @sh76 said

"Amazon will go somewhere else and be just fine."
    of course. It would be harder to trick Tulsa into giving them 3 billion dollars in subsidies and the same kind of benefits a city like New York can offer.

"It's the New York City economy that's being screwed."
    you think Amazon is New York's last chance? or are you exaggerating?

"AOC seems to be under the impression that the tax money would have come to NY either way"
    Or maybe that's just your impression and she simply recognized that it's not a great deal while full understanding the details. Rather than give 3 billion in tax breaks to amazon, how about you subsidize smaller businesses instead? Job training for unemployed. Healthcare? Better fund schools.

If ? New York could afford to lose 3billion in taxes, it's not that "screwed" and it should think of "losing" that money to people who actually need it, not a multi-billion corporation.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 17:051 edit
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1096424596063113220?s=19

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1096425298340532226?s=19

Aoc's response to her managing to mess up the plans of the richest man in the world
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 17:44
    @zahlanzi said
    "Amazon will go somewhere else and be just fine."
    of course. It would be harder to trick Tulsa into giving them 3 billion dollars in subsidies and the same kind of benefits a city like New York can offer.

"It's the New York City economy that's being screwed."
    you think Amazon is New York's last chance? or are you exaggerating?

"AOC seems to be under the impression ...[text shortened]... hould think of "losing" that money to people who actually need it, not a multi-billion corporation.
    Trump bought real estate and was given tax breaks for it.

It helped revitalize the city, a city that was in dire need of investment of some kind.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 22:29
    @kingdavid403 [i]said[/i We no longer want you worthless rich POS thinking the world is only made for you. Head to Russia or Iran.
    Hey king.... The Worthless Rich? Think I shall look up definition of worthless. Uhh, is that phrase not an oxymoron? You minimize everything you write with stuff like that.

Would you please shuffle over to the Trump Wall thread and respond to having told me a baby is not a baby until it’s butt is slapped? You know, when I’d proven to you that a baby at 5 months can survive outside moms body.....so thus is a baby one minute prior thereto?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 22:41
    @zahlanzi said
    bwhahahahahahaha

just recently i apologized to suzianne for calling you a moron/ashole admitting that most likely in the future you will say something so monumentally stupid that i couldn't abstain from doing the same.

i had no idea how soon that will happen.

25000 amazon workers making 100k a year.
    you are absolutely hilarious. Thank you for this. Best joke i heard this week.
    Wages in New York tend to be much higher than around the country due to the fact they are Prog tax freaks.

So let's say they all make $50,000 a years, which we know some will be paid much higher. In two years they make back that money indefinitely.

I reckon you think New Yorkers are better off without those jobs.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 22:42
    @no1marauder said
    Be serious; 25,000 jobs isn't jack in NYC. And there are plenty of other ways to create jobs without dropping to your knees for the supersized corporations that don't want to pay their fair share.
    Such hate and venom for Amazon.

Why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree