1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 23:05
    @whodey said
    Such hate and venom for Amazon.

Why?
    Here is an even better question....What is fair share? How do you define fair share?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 23:11
    @averagejoe1 said
    Here is an even better question....What is fair share? How do you define fair share?
    Fair for AOC?

I dunno, she just got millions of dollars from Netflix so I'm thinking that her fair share to give to government is a pretty small portion, if any.

Amazon, however, is a whole different story.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 00:00
    @whodey said
    Trump bought real estate and was given tax breaks for it.

It helped revitalize the city, a city that was in dire need of investment of some kind.
    If no government gave no tax breaks to no corporation, what do you think would happen to them ( The corporations ). If governments stopped playing there stupid stupid game, guess what, someone would still rise up to fill the " void ". Maybe even a lot more small businesses.
    I acknowledge tax breaks for social good projects that may have investor risks attached, but amazon, give me a break.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 00:062 edits
    @jimmac said
    If no government gave no tax breaks to no corporation, what do you think would happen to them ( The corporations ). If governments stopped playing there stupid stupid game, guess what, someone would still rise up to fill the " void ". Maybe even a lot more small businesses.
    I acknowledge tax breaks for social good projects that may have investor risks attached, but amazon, give me a break.
    Amazon is simply asking for money so that they can, in return, improve the economy of a given city.

Naturally, if they did not have a tax break they would continue, but less profitable.

But here is a scenario for you, what if government stopped taking money hand over fist from corporations, as they stopped giving them tax breaks? Where will those in government get their money?

I'll give you a hint. That is fantasy land. AOC just got millions from Netflix and has no intention of apologizing for it.

And if you think government can run those businesses just fine, I have a ticket to Venezuela to give you.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 00:23
    @zahlanzi said
    I wonder how many small businesses could get help get off the ground with 3 billion or help paying their employees a living wage and healthcare

I wonder how many vocational classes could get subsidized with that money so that unemployed/underqualified people could get help finding new jobs.

I wonder how many people like whodey exist who look at a number and can't under ...[text shortened]... nt rate (which started going down during the obama presidency anyway) is automatically a good thing.
    I wonder when zahlooney is going to fly into space to be with his ideas.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 00:25
    @wajoma said
    I wonder when zahlooney is going to fly into space to be with his ideas.
    Apparently Left wingers want all money to be in the hands of bureaucrats that produce nothing and simply tax.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 00:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    It's an arbitrary, undefined and undefinable, ever changing number people like zahlooney, kaka and No1 pull out of their ass.

And none of them agree with the other.

Hope that clarifies things.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 02:58
    @wajoma said
    It's an arbitrary, undefined and undefinable, ever changing number people like zahlooney, kaka and No1 pull out of their ass.

But should not Zalooney be the perfect person to tell us what fair share is? I spent three days on many websites and cannot find any person that posts the definition of 'Fair Share". Zalooney, you are the MAN!! Obama mentioned it a lot, YOU tell us what it is. How about using a scenario. I made $1M last month. My brother made $80K......(likes to get off early, go fishing...). What would be the fair share for each of us?
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 04:30
    @whodey said
    Amazon is simply asking for money so that they can, in return, improve the economy of a given city.

Naturally, if they did not have a tax break they would continue, but less profitable.

But here is a scenario for you, what if government stopped taking money hand over fist from corporations, as they stopped giving them tax breaks? Where will those in government get their ...[text shortened]... f you think government can run those businesses just fine, I have a ticket to Venezuela to give you.
    improve the economy of a " given city ".

You mean the one that allows them to exploit them the most, and improve the economy is questionable. I mean to say, corporation promise to remove as much from an economy as possible and return as little as possible, they in fact boast when they do it. That what I hear anyway.

"Naturally, if they did not have a tax break they would continue, but less profitable."

And what is wrong with that. That means they would pay less tax and isn't that what they want to do. I mean tax is only paid on that portion that is profit.

"But here is a scenario for you, what if government stopped taking money hand over fist from corporations, as they stopped giving them tax breaks? Where will those in government get their money? ".

Not from companies that do not pay tax, that is for sure, and I do understand the flow on effects of jobs. If a company is allowed to operate in any given environment then taxes are due. there are always companies that are happy to pay tax.

" And if you think government can run those businesses just fine, I have a ticket to Venezuela to give you."

I do not believe for 1 micro moment that governments should run any business except for essential and social/welfare services.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 05:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    I made $1M last month.
    You made $12 million last year?

Funny how conservatives on the internet say these kinds of things, while they can't spell or write proper grammar to save their lives.

Sorry, obvious redneck Trump supporters are obvious.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 10:071 edit
    @wajoma said

Of course opinions differ as to what is "fair" but in a well-functioning society with a democratic political system the judgment of the People as to what level of taxation should be assessed to those who benefit from society should be determinative.

In the instant case, few people would agree that a fair amount of taxes on a corporation (a business form that exists only because of positive law) that is worth over a trillion dollars and made over $11 billion last year in profit is zero.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 10:42
    @suzianne said
    You made $12 million last year?

Funny how conservatives on the internet say these kinds of things, while they can't spell or write proper grammar to save their lives.

Sorry, obvious redneck Trump supporters are obvious.
    AverageJoe1 has rich imagination when it comes to his own experiences, it seems.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 10:59
    @no1marauder said
    Of course opinions differ as to what is "fair" but in a well-functioning society with a democratic political system the judgment of the People as to what level of taxation should be assessed to those who benefit from society should be determinative.

In the instant case, few people would agree that a fair amount of taxes on a corporation (a business form that exists onl ...[text shortened]... ve law) that is worth over a trillion dollars and made over $11 billion last year in profit is zero.
    Like I said:

Out of their ass.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 11:34
    @wajoma said
    Like I said:

Out of their ass.
    Quite unlike your own proposals for taxation, of course, which come as manna from heaven.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '19 12:20
    @wajoma said
    Like I said:

Out of their ass.
    To some extent all human value judgments are arbitrary (including yours) but humans in their Natural State were egalitarian and emphatic and those characteristics still seem to predominate in our Nature. https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05651

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree