1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 21:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I know, I know. Soros is the liberal overmaster. He's like the one rich guy who donates to liberal causes, so you try to paint him as the left equivalent of the Koch Brothers.

I've seen the Glenn Beck flow charts, and I know Soros drives you crazy. A little bit of money you can't control.

But I just wanted to make sure the link wasn't posted as a joke. I was chastised the last time I didn't pick up on it. But I guess you really did mean to post the Horowitz link as a serious source.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:19
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I dont need a link to George Soros media matters. I have watched every interview he has been on at Fox News when it was live. He has never been verbally assaulted.
    Fox didn't need to verbally assault Soros on these particular occasions, as I recall they used to have Glenn Beck in charge of the Soros-bashing deparment.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:33
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Fox didn't need to verbally assault Soros on these particular occasions, as I recall they used to have Glenn Beck in charge of the Soros-bashing deparment.
    Try to follow along. kunsoo is speaking,fabricating that Jon Stewart has been verbally assaulted in interviews with Bill Oreilly.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:381 edit
    Try to follow along. kunsoo is speaking,fabricating that Jon Stewart has been verbally assaulted in interviews with Bill Oreilly.
    Oh I see.

Well, I don't think Kunsoo has been fabricating anything, while verbal assault might be a term which perhaps doesn't accurately capture the attitude of Stewart's interviewers on Fox, they certainly tend not to treat him with the same deference reserved for other interviewees, who happened to display a more conservative mindset.

Wouldn't you say the kind of softball questioning posed to conservative public figures like Bush, or Palin is rarely, if ever, replicated in interviews with Jon Stewart?
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:42
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Oh I see.

Well, I don't think Kunsoo has been fabricating anything, while verbal assault might be a term which perhaps doesn't accurately capture the attitude of Stewart's interviewers on Fox, they certainly tend not to treat him with the same deference reserved for other interviewees, who happened to display a more conservative mindset.
    Thats why Stewart invites Oreilly on his show. Then Oreilly has him back on his and so on and so forth. Nobody is being assaulted. I've seen every show that they both have been on at respective networks.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:45
    Thats why Stewart invites Oreilly on his show. Then Oreilly has him back on his and so on and so forth. Nobody is being assaulted. I've seen every show that they both have been on at respective networks.
    Actually, I was referring to the Chris Wallace interview, and I thought both Wallace and Stewart were out of line. But Wallace started it.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 22:56
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Actually, I was referring to the Chris Wallace interview, and I thought both Wallace and Stewart were out of line. But Wallace started it.
    I saw that too.
    Its baffling how you perceive things. Now you are saying Stewart was verbally assaultive as well ? But Wallace started it?! I distinctly recall them complimenting one another.
    This whole conversation is getting a bit kindergarten-ish.
    Just stick to the facts from now on. Stewart has never been verbally assaulted by interviewers at FOX.
    Next!
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 23:19
    I saw that too.
    Its baffling how you perceive things. Now you are saying Stewart was verbally assaultive as well ? But Wallace started it?! I distinctly recall them complimenting one another.
    Just stick to the facts from now on. Stewart has never been verbally assaulted by interviewers at FOX.
    Next!
    Do you personally believe Fox News generally has the same standard of journalistic rigor in their interviews for both conservatives and liberals?
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 23:22
    I saw that too.
    Next!
    Yes, I thought both of them resorted to ad homimum personal crap as debate tactic, and I was disappointed in Stewart. Sure they complemented each other. But a Sunday morning interview should be treated differently from something like the O'Reilly Show or the Ed Schultz show. Wallace was all over Stewart to "admit' the liberal bias, and Stewart responded with "you're insane."

Just doesn't impress me.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 23:40
    Yes, I thought both of them resorted to ad homimum personal crap as debate tactic, and I was disappointed in Stewart. Sure they complemented each other. But a Sunday morning interview should be treated differently from something like the O'Reilly Show or the Ed Schultz show. Wallace was all over Stewart to "admit' the liberal bias, and Stewart responded with "you're insane."

Just doesn't impress me.
    Here is the interview Kunsoo. Watch it, because you obviously have not but are rather being a parrot of the huffington post , daily kos, etc.

After viewing it please mark were all these verbal assaults and ad hominum attacks came in to play. From either one of them for that matter

YouTube
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:19
    Here is the interview Kunsoo. Watch it, because you obviously have not but are rather being a parrot of the huffington post , daily kos, etc.

After viewing it please mark were all these verbal assaults and ad hominum attacks came in to play. From either one of them for that matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyUdBp-cck
    I don't read Huffpo, and I only occasionally skim over Kos. I saw the interview on the Sunday morning it was aired.

I will admit however it's not as bad as my memory. The part I was talking about led up to the portion of the discussion where Stewart said that Wallace was "insane" although even that comment seems much more benign than my memory. And it doesn't seem like a "verbal assault" as it did to me that morning.

Still, it was snippy, and all about winning debate points rather than illumination, and I expect more from a Sunday morning show - even on Fox. He was clearly brought there to account for his "shots" at Fox, and he went there to make more of them.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 02:23
    I don't read Huffpo, and I only occasionally skim over Kos. I saw the interview on the Sunday morning it was aired.

I will admit however it's not as bad as my memory. The part I was talking about led up to the portion of the discussion where Stewart said that Wallace was "insane" although even that comment seems much more benign than my memory. And it d ...[text shortened]... rought there to account for his "shots" at Fox, and he went there to make more of them.
    Okay. So Jon Stewart was not verbally assaulted by Chris Wallace. In fact, he seemed to be the one leaning more in that direction out of the two of them.
  13. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 05:31
    The censorship of the Bill Sammon reference however, did happen. Whether the messenger is Soros funded is irrelevant.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201106200020

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree